Turbo oil!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo oil!

When I started my engine....a substantial amount of oil came out from the turbo and leaked thru a leak in the IC piping...is this normal for a 1st startup on an SR20DET redtop or is my turbo have a oil draining problem?

uhhh. i don't think that's right. i wouldn't start it back up until you get more info though, since i really have no idea. but, oil shouldn't come out of the turbo, to my knowledge, it should just move through it and return to the oil pan.

wait, you do have a return line to the oil pan, right?

Comment

how much is substantial? On my SR i had some oil leaking through, but it wasn't a crazy amount. Usually you will get some oil blowing into the intakes, a lot could mean you need a new turbo

Comment

somthing is really wrong. you might have a blown turbo because ihave heard a lot of people having this problem. good chance of it if there is alot of oil.

Comment

Drive the car around...
          Does the exhaust smoke a lot???

Comment

same thing with my old s13...when i get near the redline in first and i shift and stop at a stop sign or somethin..theres smoke that comes from my exhaust and catches up to the car as it slows down..smells great..

Comment

Sounds like the seal is blow on the bearing that seperates the two sides of the turbo, it can be rebuilt but you must stop driving it before you cause serious damage to the turbo and your engine.

Comment

yeap that's what it sounds like to me

Comment

Working...
                X