Roll cage Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll cage Tech

I'm going to have someone build a rollcage for me, using the D1 reg's. I was wondering if anyone had some info regarding specs for a 95 240.

Why not buy an Autopower bolt/weld-in?

Comment

1. I am an idiot, I couldn't find a company that made one.
      2. The guy doing the welding I have known all my life. A friend of the family.

Thanks for showing me that though

Comment

Lemme see if I can get you any good pics of legal roll-cage installations.
        Here's a link to how it should be done: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ight=roll+cage

On second thought, your friend should study up on roll cage design and fabrication. Even though you want the hookup, you might want to go to a proper race-prep shop. Remember, this cage may need to save your life one day... and if it's done wrong, it might fail and you might die.
        Last edited by GRiDRaceTech; 10-25-2004, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Thats awesome. usually people flame noobs.

Comment

Please read my post before you weld it to the chassis...

Drift cars tend to be abnormally abused, wether they like it or not. This leads to the fact that they crash often, and sometimes get totaled. My piece of advice is that you shouldn't weld it to the body for additional stiffness (yeah, I know you'll lose the part of it). If you'd like to replace the car with another one and use the welded rollcage from the dead one (dear God, please save the drifters from wrecking their rides (tm) ), then you'll need to cut the estroyed body in order to just take it out. If you're car-friendly like I am, then just place it inside the car with screws.

Comment

I may need to explain myself and the situation a little more. I was planning on stripping the inside of the car every thing is comming out so he can work on it. Luckily I have a six stall shop for this process. the guy doing the welding has about 30 years worth of welding experience. I was mainly looking for specs and diagrams for reference. Then I found out about autopower website. So I now have to do a lot more research as to which way is going to be cheaper. Either way he is going to be building or just welding it in. I completly understand what you are saying about bolting it in but removing it dosen't seem like its going to be to complicated. I'm on about 5 other forums and this is the first one where somebody has not jumped on and started acting like an A**.

Comment

well dood i found a lot of cages
                -LOOK-
                -and another-

Comment

alright, I am an idiot. I searched an unkown amount of time and came up with nothing. Mybad.

Comment

Originally posted by sr ^Drifter
                    well dood i found a lot of cages
                    -LOOK-
                    -and another-
                    Wow... I need to charge more for my cages.

{edit}On second thought.... nah. They need to charge less
                    Last edited by Speed Raycer; 12-01-2004, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Yeah for reals, those prices are whack. A Pre-built 10 point moly cage for my car is $500.

Comment

Daphne, huh? That's like 5-10 minutes from my town... hehehe.

If I was actually in the country, that is.

Where do you drift/practice/whatever?

Comment

Working...
                        X