fc3s motor swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fc3s motor swap

hello all i am new to these forums^^ i was wondering a good website for a fc3s t2 motor, i am looking to buy one and put it into a non turbo, and build it up from there, any help or info would be great thank you

ps, 95 eclipse gst for sell or trade< right rear quarter panel was hit -.- guy drive off.not asking to much lol

You've got a long road ahead of you. First, not only will you need the TII engine, but you'll need a TII wiring harness and ECU as well. Then you'll need a TII flywheel & clutch, and starter. The stock NA tranny will not take turbo power for very long so you'll also need a TII tranny and driveshaft. The rear end of the NA is decent, but for drifting or high HP with the TII engine you'll need the TII rear end and axle shafts.

Go to http://www.teamfc3s.org/forum and check under the non-turbo section, they have a write-up of the exact procedure to do the swap, and the potential problems.

Comment

thanks alot bro!

Comment

the 13b to 13bt swap is real easy but i would recommend getting a complete front clip, otherwise you'll spend a lot of time tracking down all the little parts you'll need for the swap.

Comment

You're better off getting a Turbo II.
          The Turbo II has stronger transmission, driveshaft, rear diff, and rear axles.
          NONE of them swap directly with their non-turbo counterparts.

So, you either gotta live with a strong running motor with the capability of making 400hp+ without destroying a non-turbo drivetrain on the edge of failing, or swap over the entire Turbo II drivetrain.

You're better off getting a 240SX and modifying that cause it's easier to drift.

Comment

why not just keep the n/a that is in there and build on it

Comment

Working...
            X