ok now i'm CONFUSED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok now i'm CONFUSED!

So i was under my 1990 240 today and i became more than a little confused.

ok first of all why do i have two mufflers? or is it just a resonator and how would my exhaust change if i removed it?

Second and yes i know my diff is leaking, butt i thought the non vlsd diff doesn't have fins and as far as i know my car does the one wheel spin!

one wheel spin is normal. unless you confused it for an open diff.

Comment

well i thought the it was only the lsd and vlsd's have the heatsink fins? and whats the deal with the extra muffler?

Comment

might jus be a collector...alot of car's come with'em

Comment

My car has the fins and it doesn't have any sort of traction aid. Also, that might be a silencer or something.

Comment

The two mufflers help quiet it more than if it only used one. Running a very straight through glasspack type muffler will also help take the rasberry out of your fancy-schmancy catback's tone with very minimal loss of flow.

Like this:

Comment

ok well i have that muffler and an apexi nock off at the end of the pipe so if i took out the oval muffler would it be counter productive? or just make the exhaust loud as hell?

Comment

Mufflers without a full catback are counterproductive and loud as hell anyway, with no power gains to speak of.

If you take out the oval "suitcase" you will be much louder. If that is good or bad is up to you to decide...

Comment

Warped, that is an open diff cover. I know because I have one sitting in my garage right now, and I disassembled the diff myself. Definitely open. The VLSD cover kinda puffs out at the bottom.

Comment

ok thanks, i should be getting a vlsd from a infinity soon, i was going to do it because i wanted it but now that it's leaking i have even more reason to change it

Comment

Working...
                    X