NISMO or Kaaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NISMO or Kaaz

I know this has been asked a thousand times I have searched and no thread really gives any facts just says peoples opinions and most of the opinions come from people who have only used one product so they are obviously one sided. I want to know which lsd is better kaaz has a new unit out that is 2-way and I think it is the only one that they carry now for the 240sx. And nismo has 2 or 3 options, I cant really get any info on what is actually offered by nismo. I have seen 2-way, gt pro 2way, and 2way sss. Now what is the difference between these 2 or 3? I think the sss might be the same as the 2way. Also which of these is the better more reliable, smoother engaging, better on the street, better on the track diff's? I am looking for a 2way that will lock up quick and stay locked, I think the deftforce is overkill for a street track car but I want something I can drive everyday beat on on the weekends and still drive the next week. Any opinions would be great! thx

KAAZ > NISMO

Why? All they do is make LSDs. Nismo makes parts for cars...

And I believe KAAZ has a thread on this forum for you to read.

There are three types of LSDs.

Type 1 - Lock up on Acceleration

Type 1.5 - Lock up on Acceleration and half lock up on Deceleration

Type 2 - Full lock up on both Acceleration and Deceleration

Depends on the way you drive. Most drivers prefer Type 2 for drifting, some prefer 1.5. This all depends on your driving style and your experience with them.

If you do decide to get a type 2 LSD, be sure to take the time to get used to the way it feels and how your cars dynamics have changed before you take it off the track (touge)... The type 2 LSDs don't drive the same as open differentials.

^^^ This is all from what I've read. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Craftsman; 10-29-2004, 12:55 AM.

Comment

I understand that much I am looking for some more info on the actual units and what makes the regular or sss $800 and the gtpro 1200-1500?

Comment

Look at what the pros use...

Ueno uses a ATS Deftforce and then there are a couple KAAZ's and a lot of Nismos.

ATS was made by KAAZ people that wanted to produce a better LSD. I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Comment

ATS Prices here

Google can be your friend at times man... I trust google over idiots like me who flame you for not using google.

Kaaz USA's Prices here

Google works well. Sometimes it doesn't and asking works... but Google does work wonders...

Comment

That is my question most pros use the nismo, and I want to know what makes them choose that over the kaaz? Also is the deft force lock up too hard and affect turn in when you are gripping? I do some open track and I dont drift togue I grip so I dont want to affect turn in so much that I am fighting the differential. Anyone experience with this.

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood
              That is my question most pros use the nismo, and I want to know what makes them choose that over the kaaz? Also is the deft force lock up too hard and affect turn in when you are gripping? I do some open track and I dont drift togue I grip so I dont want to affect turn in so much that I am fighting the differential. Anyone experience with this.
              Sorry for flaming you. You should have said this earlier...

I have no clue...

Comment

Sorry for flaming you. You should have said this earlier...
                I understand how everything works and even how they are built mostly. I have gathered all the info I can find such as the kaaz using more clutch plates than the nismo sss not sure on the gtpro though if it has more clutch plates. There are a lot of gray areas that I have questions that it seems no one has really asked. They just buy whatever everyone else likes and puts it on.
                Like my suspension I bought a set of kei office xr's not becuase they were one of the most expensive but because I heared they were the best and that the ride quality was amazing. And I am super impressed with ride it is as good or better than stock in my opinion and the car is super controlled and very linear on the edge. The dampers still need a full race alignment but they are an amazing piece of machinery and I want to make those same kind of decisions when I buy my diff. I dont want to put on what everyone else has just because they have it I want to know why it is better or the best.

Comment

Ive also heared that nismo offers a street type lsd is this true? or do they offer just the sss and gtpro

Comment

okay the lsd on mynismo.com is supposedly the gtpro diff. that is a screaming price at $700 but the guy I talked to said that the 1.5way and 2way were the same diff just adjusted through the 19mm nut on the right side where the stub axel goes in? anyone have experience with it? I thought that this was just breakaway torque adjustment?

Comment

Working...
                    X