RX7 TURBO or....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX7 TURBO or....

so im looking for old school rx7 i was wondering which is better turbo or glx???

For drifting?
    I'd go with more power - go turbo.
    I'd recommend going S13 though - it's easier to learn.

Comment

wich generation?? you need to be more especific in what you want to have more results.... i can help you i know some *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about 7īs...

Comment

i think its the second the 1988 one... dude i been drifting but i dont want any s13 to many people have them!!!

Comment

Power is a good drift-aid for most drivers. The ealier S4s may be better, more of them actually came with LSDs and they were lighter.

Comment

For drifting it depends on how good you are, to start out with a turbo would be easier simply because you could lose traction easier but an na fc (sec.-gen rx7) can drift just as easily, so long as you know what you are doing. Also if you can find a GTU rx7 that would be best because although they are heavier than other fc's all of the weight is in the front beacause of the steel hood, fenders, and engine mounts, they come stock with LSD.

Comment

id say go with n/a cause turbo lag is kinda tricky at first when drifting. I have a 88 rx7 n/a and it works great!

Comment

i have an 87 N/A RX7 and it doesnt have an LSD. my dad has an 88 GXL and his does. i thought that the GTU had no LSD. if so i need to find one and is there a good place to get a cheap LSD.

Comment

Some people have failed to mention that the RX-7 turbo isnt exactly a dream to work on. They usually get messed up, especially when drifting, but if its what you want than go for it. I personally would go with the GLX cause its a bit more reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
                    Some people have failed to mention that the RX-7 turbo isnt exactly a dream to work on. They usually get messed up, especially when drifting, but if its what you want than go for it. I personally would go with the GLX cause its a bit more reliable.
                    I don't understand what you're trying to say.
                    The turbo versus NA are virtually identical with the exception of drivetrain and engine and some minor electrical differences.
                    You crash an NA versus turbo and they both are going to take the same kinda damage.

Comment

hey thats all cool but i heard rx7 engine have to be rebuild every 100k miles so anyway i stick w/ a car that i always drift with...

FF RULES!!!

Comment

What im saying is that the turbo will make the engine LESS reliable.

Comment

Problem with rotaries are heat, they dont like it. It cooks their seals, apex seals, lines, you name it. Another problem with the rotaries, theyre hot engines all on their own, now add a turbo and your getting extra wear/tear AND a lot more heat to deal with, heat + heat + rotary = uh oh.

Comment

if u get a second gen rx-7 or known as a fc which comes in both turbo and n/a. turbo is a great car w/ alot of potential but since its so old w/ alot of miles on it chances are your gonna need a rebuild which = $$$ but the n/a is more reliable and is alot like the turbo. if worst comes to worst just throw on a trubo on it

Comment

You dont judst throw a turbo onto a Na Fc, you need the entire Tii drivetrain as well; the swap (unless you got a hook up) will cost you more then if you just sold yoru car and flat out bought a Tii

Comment

Working...
                              X