DAM wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAM wires

does anyone have a wiring diagram fro the 90 240sx fastback's stereo harness? i need to find the wires for the power antenna. if you could send me a scan of it i would greatly appreciate it.

Have you found all your speaker wires,12v, acc, and ground? If so there should be a few wires left. Run a wire from your 12v constant power with a 3amp or 5amp fuse inline to the other wires one at a time and watch for your power ant to come up when you hit the correct wire. Have a few extra fuses handy.

Comment

ok, but if someone has the schematic i would rather not do that.

Comment

If you don't know what the eff you are doing, don't do it. Go buy the 5 dollar harness adaptor wire it to the harness that came with the radio and then plug it in. Then you don't go and jack up your harness like some ghetto *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Or look at the pwer antenna, find the wires look at the colors one will not be a common color for grnd, pwr, or acc., that is the color, it will be the same behind the dash.

OR if for some reason you are still afraid of screwing it up, do what you should have done in the beginning because you don't know what you are doing and don't have the proper tools or resources, take it to a local stereo shop and tell them you are a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and tried to do it yourself and now you need help.

You can EVEN take 2 seconds online and sign up for a 12 volt diagram forum that has a database (like the free one on the12volt.com) and then you can see what color it is supposed to be.

Comment

first off, i know how to install a stereo, so back off! i'm just not familiar with the 240's power antenna and if you were you would no that you can't see the wires to it unless you pull the whole dam trunk apart. man u are such an a$$ for responding like that! If you had just mentioned that site but no, what a putz.
          Last edited by Warped; 11-01-2004, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Did you cut your factory harness or did you buy your car with the radio out and it cut already? Anyone who knows how to install properly will test any wires cut and not rely on any diagrams. I have seen many diagrams that are wrong. So be sure to double check and manually test each wire.

Comment

the harness is uncut, but the diagram i have doesn't mention the power antenna at all, this is why i am confused.

Comment

I thought this was a drifting site, not a Car Stereo One forum.

$8 for the harness, the only problem i had when swapping my radio was getting the damn stock one out of the brackets, I had to completely destroy the stock radio in order to get it out, the screws were too tight and warped when i tried to undo them.

Ur power antenna will hook up to the harness, just go to the store buy it, hook it up. When u come to the power antenna, it gets tricky because u have 2 choices... lol so if the 1 doesn't work put it on the other one. Simple

There is no need for a diagram, just a small bit of commonsense and maybe a trial/error.

Also ur going to need an adapter for the antenna input plug for ur radio.
                Last edited by OH240SE; 11-01-2004, 02:23 PM.

Comment

It takes 10 mins (if that) to remove a pannel from the side of the inside of the hatch. It will take forever for some moron to respond to your post in an unsatifactory manner. And listen to Alphajacks, go buy a 20 dollar multi-meter from Radio Shack and get familiar with it. If you don't know how to use one you don't know how to install a stereo.

Tight stock radio screws are such a nuisance. I love it when they use thread locker on a radio screw like it is going to just fall out.

Comment

I don't know why that is, but Nissan stereos always have super tight screws! It sucks when a simple install turns into an ordeal because of a few screws. Warped, if you can't find a good diagram or don't have a multimeter, you can buy the harness pretty cheap. Or just return it after you use it to identify all your wires.

Comment

hmmm thanks all, oh and luvmufn: relax you'll live longer.

Comment

I love it when you break out the screw remover on the drill and start jacking the screws to try and get them to catch and come out and the customer is like, WHAT ARE YOU DOING... Or the BEST is the mid-late 80s hondas with the screws behind the dash, when those get stuck and or stripped... prepare to be there all day. HAHA.

He wants to listen to Initial D while he is E-drifting. So I guess it is drifting related in a scewed sort of way... I am very relaxed, thanks for worrying about my health.

Comment

Working...
                        X