Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Engagement???

Greetings Ya'll

Lately it seems like the drivetrain has been enganging quite roughly, I'm about to bleed the clutch lines (again), and change the differential fluid. Hopefully that'll fix this malfunction. Also around the same time, i've noticed this weird plasticy burning smell. Its not a burning clutch, its not burning oil smell. I have no idea of this smell is in anyway related to this rough engagement or not.

Has anyone else had these problems with their car? Especially with a '91 Nissan 240??

Please help me out if you can.

Thanx in advance

AJB

yeah i did have some work done, probably overpaid for an ACTstage1 and synthetic gear lube. after the job was done, clutch started acting up again afterwards, dude did a pedal adjustment and it was fine again. 4mo later its starting to act up once more...

lol, wonder how much damage is physically possible to the transmission and differential, by installing an aftermarket part mixed with stocks, and then thrashing on it??

Comment

I used to have a POS ACT clutch. I used it a little and had to adjust the pedal and fluch clutch lines again and it worked ok.

Comment

Does this strange smell feel like old eggs? It could be a catalytic converter.

Comment

Working...
        X