whats a good FF set up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats a good FF set up...

Nothing beats a FR.. But I seen the falken FF 4th gen civic, and another one in action.. WTF????

It was sweet...Ugly compared to FR but sweet... Dose any one know the set up of these true FF Drift cars... I have a peice of crap civic setting in my car port with a ITR motor in it.. I use it for hitting trash cans and shoppin carts.. But i resently had to sell my nice 240 because im lossing my job... So figure I would give the hatch a shot for fun... But im just more interested so if any one has some info on that car post back... I have a old option video with a red 91 that was pretty funny to watch it had ..

basicly highly modified rear toe out ...
    small *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* 13" rear tires

wider front wheels 15x7.5

LSD

super retarded high spring rate in the back..

and a few other things...

weird... post some video up also in a few!

I know a few will flame for this post but I understand.. but some one post back some info.

if you have a civic with a ITR engine in it why would you use it as a woods buggy? get some adjustable camber plates and fool around with the settings and 13`s are good for getting up to full speed too. and dont forget stiffer springs in the back double up the spring rate to make it slide
    Last edited by mudduck3006; 11-08-2004, 09:39 AM.

Comment

try a larger sway bar in the rear

Comment

Originally posted by mudduck3006
        if you have a civic with a ITR engine in it why would you use it as a woods buggy? get some adjustable camber plates and fool around with the settings and 13`s are good for getting up to full speed too. and dont forget stiffer springs in the back double up the spring rate to make it slide
        I hear that is a good set up pretty much..

Comment

Originally posted by mudduck3006
          that dosnt aways have a good reslut.

Comment

lsd will give you 2wd letting you keep some speed in drift, however you will still lose speed but its somethign you need. get the helical unit from a or ctr/itr, or just get the entire tranny. i would use a si/itr/ctr tranny for the gears, your powerband with itr motor isnt exactly broad, and part of keeping fwd drift is keeping the front wheels pulling the car, and you need to stay in the powerband to do that. gsr might work, but definately say no to ls tranny.

your itr motor will work very well.

supension

what year is the civic? ef/eg/ek?

general rule is stiff spring rates, but much stiffer in back with a bigger rear sway bar.
            sticky front tires and super narrow rears will help. get some 15's stock wheels or cheapo wheels and some azenis or something (225 coming soon) and just get soem 15$ khumo power stars or some crap from discount put on some 13'' steelies or vx wheels.

if you want any help making/setting up a fwd drift car hit me up on aim, mikespeed95 but honestly you can have the best setup car in the world, but without seat time its nothing more than a waste of bolts. if you can get to a local auto-x and start going. winning any fwd class will teach you everythign you need to know about drifting minus rwd throttle modulation.

Comment

I got a eg, and thats about the same ideas i figured... i have some other toe settings also...
              your right about seat time.. but i have 6 years AutoX and 1 year road racing FWD under me... hehehhe oh and some rally...

Driving parts not bad, just wanted to make a extreme drift FF like that falken car wow... that things crazy!

Comment

ehh..? ok, here's what you do... 1. make sure your e-brake works... 2. duct tape the button down on the e-brake (so it doesn't stick at a bad time)3. slam into a corner sideways 4. yank on e-brake... 5. quickly counter steer into the slide... 6. when drift slows let go of e-brake staighen steering forward and make sure you're flooring it.. 7. congrats you've just done your first FF drift!

Comment

Originally posted by oki_dlifter
                  ehh..? ok, here's what you do... 1. make sure your e-brake works... 2. duct tape the button down on the e-brake (so it doesn't stick at a bad time)3. slam into a corner sideways 4. yank on e-brake... 5. quickly counter steer into the slide... 6. when drift slows let go of e-brake staighen steering forward and make sure you're flooring it.. 7. congrats you've just done your first FF drift!

you sound like you speak from 4th hand inexperience

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift

you sound like you speak from 4th hand inexperience

Comment

http://www.muchosucko.com/video-traysliding.html

Comment

Working...
                      X