HELP! No SPARK.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! No SPARK.....

I have searched and all I found was unanswered threads, well here is the problem:

I washed my engine bay and I let the car sit for a while to dry. Well when I tried to start it , it blew the 75amp alt fuse and an engine control fuse (10). I replaced those and still its doing the same thing, It sounds like it wants to start but it has no spark. I check to see if the coil packs were getting power and they were.
    My ecu gave me a code 21 and a 55.( 21 is ignition problems) 55(no codes recorded). I checked to see if I am getting fuel and I am.Its been sitting 5 days now and still doesn't want to start.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

alex

Could water have folloed your harness to your ecu(improper grommeting)?

You obviously know how to test for voltage do you know how to take ohm readings and sutch? If so, test all the ignition components: CAS, Igniter chip, blah blah...

I'll get you specs when I feel like it (have acces again, I am at work).

Comment

Hmmm, I'll check the ecu. I will check the Ohms tomorrow. I don't have a digital meter right now. Please send me the specs when you get can.

Alex

Comment

when you wash your engine you have to cover you distributor area. If it gets wets spark wont travel through to your engine.

there is a spray that you can spray on it and the water goers away, or you could probably unscrew the top off and let the sun evaporate it. Also dry it before you let the sun dry it to spped things up

hope this helped

Comment

Turbo SR no gots distributor. It has this...

Make sure you put it back right...

Last edited by LOVMUFN; 11-05-2004, 01:04 PM.

Comment

i didnt know he had an sr,

well maybe you got that thing wet

Comment

Yeah It has a CAS. It's been 5 days shouldn't that be enough time for it to dry? also the Ignitor chip is sealed tight so that water doesn't get into it.

Thanks for the Ideas, Keep em coming!

Comment

If you blew a fuse that big... there is a chance that you fried it.

Comment

Fried the Ignitor chip? or the CAS?

I hope thats not the case, I'll test it by putting it in a friends car if I cannot get ahold of a meter.

Comment

Cas is just a light sensing node and an led, it is kinda hard to fry unless you really try to get it. That Ignitor chip aint easy to get either. You blew a nasty fuse though, you should learn and stop cleaning you engine bay like that.

Comment

Yeah I know, I figured that It had plenty of time to dry. I doubt they both fried, so lets say that those are good. what next?

Comment

Test continuity for the whole ign circuit and look for ground problems... You can't have a car that doesn't have spark and has no problems, testing circuits is a pain in the *Censored**Censored**Censored* sometimes but if it is not a part it is a ground or a wiring problem. Just start at one end and go through it.

Comment

Yeah I know how much of a pain they are. I'll see what I can do tonight.

Comment

Working...
                          X