This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the hate

As you can probably tell I'm fairly new here but I have a question. Why does DriftCentral talk so much trash about drifting.com, I don't know if there's been any trash talking about driftcentral here, but why the hate?

frankly i have no idea and dont really give a hoot yo, i guess cause some peeps have been at both sites scince the start and dont like the way one does things,i just stick here. its to hard to keep track of all that shite.i never really go to that site so what the helll do i know?

Comment

dont know, but i do my best not to put down any other sites. its just not cool.

Comment

The reason other sites make a mockery of Drifting.com is because it's a zoo.

The domain name itself has brought on so many kids new to the automotive scene (and sometimes I wonder...the internet in general) onto the message boards. Drifting.com lacks tech, most of the threads on this forum are garbage about "who likes so and so the best, what suspension should I get, bleah bleah bleah" instead of helpful, informative threads with some subtance. Don't get me wrong, their are a handful of people I respect that post knowledgable and informative stuff, and I can go for the chit chat BS every now and then; BUT there should be a balance. The moderators need to be more active, it seems all they care about is selling the products that they plug every chance they get. I'm not naive, I know how it works. The sales generate the money so they can pay for the site, but it seems their aim is only to make the site as marketable as it can to others while at the same time neglecting the forum's community. We makes the site! We've been here the longest, we keep coming back, and even though it usually sucks we cant stop checking the forum every chance we get. Aside from that...the reason other sites hate on us is purely our fault, we let so much crap pile up on the forum that more often than nought it's a headache to look at it all. It's gotten alot better than how it was, but still we only have room to improve. The tech section for one...I posted a thread about what allignment settings everyone's using and only 5 or 6 people replied to the thread. Now it's lost somewhere in the bowels of the tech section. Before this post turns into a mindless rant let me just do a quick outline of what I personally would like to see change.

1. More substance: More tech oriented threads, I originally joined this site so I could learn and I know there are members on here that know a hell of a lot more than I do, and alot of times it's them that dont post as often as the kids.

2. Respect: *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* talking and flaming is fun for a while, I'm guilty of it too...but you need to have respect for other members, if you have beef with them dont make a thread about it, send 'em a pm.

3. READ DUMMIES!: I find it pretty ironic when someone's first post is a flame or "What's the best drift car/suspension/tires/spark plugs/shift knob/" as everyone knows there's a search button. To all the kids here: Read and learn, listen to what others have to say...it's part of the process of contributing to a forum.

4. Moderators (minus a few): I for one find it pretty frustrating when you delete someone's sig without giving them a warning first or a request to change it. It seems the only times you ever venture into this zoo of yours is to post about what new product is on Drifting.com or to give us a slap on the rist, delete our sigs, and kill our threads (not to say some of these BS threads dont deserve a good killin). On other sites the mods actively participate in threads, and overall seem a bit more human.

5. My peeps: You know who you are, you know what you do. Quit choking up the forums with mindless crap threads that steal precious bandwidth.

Alright that's it for now, if I think anything else later I'll post it up.

Also...I'm not the first to feel this way, just the first to say it. Wusses

UNITED STATES OF SPACE!!! MARS B1TCHES!

Comment

good post man. Like he said we all have a long way to go to improve this site. It is indeed not as bad as it once was, but we can still help improve it. One way is to delete the garbage threads once the fun is over with. It will defenately streamline the site.

Comment

i love this site i came here a noob after watching initial d and some vids i downloaded off a p2p prog and thought that it was cool and that i would love to learn how to do it.

so this site helped me a lot. no one was mean everyone was nice and gave advice/knowledge to me when i needed. so driftcentral can lick my if they dont like us.

drifting.com is my 1st

Comment

i have to agree with weapon X.
              this place is a zoo, i call it the SRO of the drifting world.

But also if everyone start to read up and post more about drifting than other stuff...then this place can turn around

Back in 99-00 all the guys into drifting were worried about the "riceing of the drift" i was hoping it wouldnt go that way..but it has. this place belave it or not has a lot of influance on noob drfters so if we post more about drifting and good tech stuff and less about be and such then we should be good

hopfully US drifting dosnt go the same way as "Import street racing" with everyone out there just for the image and not to run or anything..
              hopefully we can swing thing tugboat round and get it headed inthe right direction

I will save my commendts about the some of the mods here because the stupid censor thing is turnd out and thats all they would see...

Comment

Opinions expressed are those of users whom we cannot deny opinions just like in the post above those of us who frequent both boards were told to "lick...". I see no repercussions to this comment, so I see not how you can contrast the two occurences. Being one who frequents this site and others I would have to say that Weapon X is likely correct in his explanation above of why some of these feelings are possesed and would like to offer that from my experience Driftcentral has a lower tolerance for such posts than other forums I visit. You will find that moderators there genuinely have a passion for drifting and can be found posting here in effort to inform the masses. I would hope that their would be no negative presumptions harbored by any party.

Comment

Just to clarify in my previous post:

When I said the Admins neglect the site I meant it should be tied in with them not getting involved in the threads and personally involved with the community, but still trying to be authority figures at the same time. Saying they neglect the forum is unfair because having talked to them I know personally what they do for the forums so I apologize for my choice of words.

Comment

The only admin that seems to ever participate and not go on senseless powertrips from time to time is WINDING MASTER,and even he is barely on.

What never made sense to me is that some people can come to this site,register,then make a thread asking about something such as this,instead of reading or doing a search on google.

This thread should be at Gamefaqs

What's also senseless.I just got into drifting,what car should I get? Use your brain,research,and think for yourself moron.If it's RWD,it can go sideways.The Drift Showoff in Houston is a good example of this.

Comment

"even he is barely on."

How you know this? Posting and being on the forum is not the same.

Originally posted by Feint
                      The only admin that seems to ever participate and not go on senseless powertrips from time to time is WINDING MASTER,and even he is barely on.

What never made sense to me is that some people can come to this site,register,then make a thread asking about something such as this,instead of reading or doing a search on google.

What's also senseless.I just got into drifting,what car should I get? Use your brain,research,and think for yourself moron.If it's RWD,it can go sideways.The Drift Showoff in Houston is a good example of this.

Comment

I was reffering to posting,should have been more clear.

Comment

The statement about winding master barely being on is indeed incorrect, he is online almost every day, and he reads many of the post. Infact if something hairy goes on and i dont see it first hes usually the one to tell me. He may be behind the scenes but he is always here.
                          Last edited by nissanguy_24; 04-18-2004, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
                            me is that some people can come to this site,register,then make a thread asking about something such as this,instead of reading or doing a search on google.

You do bring up alot of good points. And i do agree with them. The newguy asking lame questions gets old. But we have to understand they are new, best bet is just to ignore those post all together. The same thing with the video game or initial D or anime or anything else thats not about real drifting post. Im never in video game post, notice that? why? this isnt a video game site. The BSing post like the post after the drifter after you, these are fun for a little while, but then get old and just clutter up the thread with stupid stuff. I have PMed the owner asking him to delete it already. and aside from a few people most agree it should go by now.

The problems with this stuff is it takes away from us having a serious forum, i feel sorry for the poor guy trying to find an informative thread and having to browse threw the piles of junk just to find one. oh yeah theres a search button, however has any one ever used the search button? honestly its awful.. THAT said, it should be good enough to ask a question asked 50 times before.

And your right if you have to ask "what kind of car is good for drifting" then you really havent done enough of your homework to be needing to drift. and also, though i dont want to put any of the young guys off, if you dont drive yet then drifting should be the last thing on your mind. I mean if your a fan thats fine. but this idea of "i havent driven before, whats a good car to drift in" is, well its frightening. theres some good helpful post for the new guys, lets just keep directing them to those. I know every time i post it leaves 3 links on the bottom of the page, there pretty helpful for guys just getting into it.

I started on this forum just around christmas time, but you know what i was hear a month before lurking, reading what others posted and testing the waters. Hell that first week or two of actually posted i posted very little and only when i had something to say on the subject at hand. thats just basic forum manners. The new guys should really do that. Get a feel for the place and not be in a rush to "up your post count" i say it in quotes because the post count really doesnt mater now does it?

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24

I started on this forum just around christmas time, but you know what i was hear a month before lurking, reading what others posted and testing the waters. Hell that first week or two of actually posted i posted very little and only when i had something to say on the subject at hand. thats just basic forum manners. The new guys should really do that. Get a feel for the place and not be in a rush to "up your post count" i say it in quotes because the post count really doesnt mater now does it?
                              I did something very similar smc, i used to read this forum a lot, and when i did start posting i tried to feel out the water a bit, i agree that it's the way to go when you're trying to start into a forum

Comment

Working...
                              X