Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the hell do you take a late apex? Are you jumping into the other lane? The touge runs around here, you either follow the road or you go into a ditch.

Comment

i dont wanna sound stupid, but what is touge? ive never heard it before...

Comment

its like driving fast on Mountain roads

Comment

and yea not much drifting is involved barly any

Comment

Originally posted by nedinic
            its like driving fast on Mountain roads
            actually, touge is just mountain pass. its just the road element, w/o the driving. there is a different phrase for that, and i cant remember what it was (my japanese language teacher corrected me on in class one time). and it is pronounced the way it is speeled (think about it in japanese, as syllables, not a complete word)....

hope that helps you

Comment

Originally posted by RallyGT
              import tuner defines "Touge" as a mountain pass. drifint is an art conceptualized by a group of auto motive enthusiats. sorry if that sounded kinda ricey

Comment

Originally posted by RallyGT
                all it is is a winding mountain pass

Comment

yea that is right

Comment

Stupid Kids

OK heres the story. Some kid at our school let another kid borrow his 91 5 series bimmer. So the kid takes it out and decides that he is gonna run a touge route. Keep in mind he is not good at driving and he has never even done touge or drifting. So he goes on this wondy a$$ road comes into the first corner and looses controll and smashes right into a ditch. Car is totaled. Dont let friends drive cars. I know even if your friend is good at driving and you have known each other for ever don't let them drive your car. I have heard many stories that end up really bad like a flipped dodge stealth tt. So keep it safe and don't be a dumb a$$!

Comment

Last night was the first time ive gone up to my local mountain roads. it was friggin sweet... i didnt push it too hard, and i was following my freind in his sil-eighty w/ sr20det, he has alot of experience wtih this and his car is highly tuned, and im running in my semi-stock civic. he was pretty much teaching me everything, it was a 2 hour lesson up and down the mountain, telling me what to do pretty much each corner on teh walky talky... it was great, especially knowing i have an experienced mentor my first time up

i never got too close to my limits, im deffinately keepin the bar low right now since i dont have much experience up there. and so far so good. hehe 6000 to 7000 rpm for a couple hours at a time is great . its times like this i have no idea why i was ever a muscle car guy

i cant wait to get a 2.5RS impreza and start tuning it.

touges are fun as hell, but if your pretty much a n00b like me, dont push it! just cruise and get used to it

PS. im not a n00b at driving and street racing, i drive 100 miles a day and am very safe and lenient driver... im just beginning to drive on the mountain now tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevultaspeed
                        Last night was the first time ive gone up to my local mountain roads. it was friggin sweet... i didnt push it too hard, and i was following my freind in his sil-eighty w/ sr20det, he has alot of experience wtih this and his car is highly tuned, and im running in my semi-stock civic. he was pretty much teaching me everything, it was a 2 hour lesson up and down the mountain, telling me what to do pretty much each corner on teh walky talky... it was great, especially knowing i have an experienced mentor my first time up

i never got too close to my limits, im deffinately keepin the bar low right now since i dont have much experience up there. and so far so good. hehe 6000 to 7000 rpm for a couple hours at a time is great . its times like this i have no idea why i was ever a muscle car guy

i cant wait to get a 2.5RS impreza and start tuning it.

touges are fun as hell, but if your pretty much a n00b like me, dont push it! just cruise and get used to it

PS. im not a n00b at driving and street racing, i drive 100 miles a day and am very safe and lenient driver... im just beginning to drive on the mountain now tho.
                        Sounds so fun... no fair Glad to hear ur keepin it safe and in ur own limits

Comment

yeah he is a good driver and so is alan (the sil-eighty guy) i wish i could of came but parents are ...........

Comment

I go up to the mountains here in so cal (not sayin where ) with my friends, its really fun and you get a big rush. But be careful and know your limits! Don't push your car to the limit if you dont have the experience. Its also a good idea to get to know the roads before hand and to have spotters, or at least go when no one is around...like early in the morning. I'm setting my car up for touge, its a work in progress.

Practice that heel and toe and have fun!

Comment

Working...
                            X