This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's the oldest freakin thing in the world....lol

my friend(who drivers a modified Challenger and a Nova) told me a funny qoute one time "My lug nut's have more torque than your honda" Which was true, but he's cool with all calls. i was crackin up for along time with that one though....lol

Comment

lol, yeah its been on my computer for a while, i just found it and decided to post it. but anyway, what are the litres of? i always wondered that

Comment

Originally posted by S13_Steve
        or u could say my old 1st gen rx7 1.3 liter 300 hp racing inspired engine straight from guam can own any muscle v8 bangn displacing bull crap..... rotary owns
        Lemme see it could take all the 1300hp Pro-Stock cars, the 850hp Winston Cup cars, the thousands of 12 second N/A street cars rumbling around the planet, or all those 427 LS6's that are pushing 600+hp street legal. Dude rotary's can be fast and they're great for road racing but owning ANY V8? Gimme a break. You can get a 5.0 in the 12's for under 10 grand including the cost of the car. Try THAT with a high priced FD.

I'm not flaming it just really irks me when people start talking about the V8 like it's some dark age troglodyte that can't hang. Not every Mustang, Camaro or Corvette has a 600lb 30 year old boat anchor for a motor you know.

Comment

Yeah, american muscle still own the drag strip.....

Comment

Yeah, i'm with you Tsunami. But all of these cars with the low displacement making high hp are all turbocharged. And a turbocharger really just displaces more air,(i read it stated like that somewhere) so there really is no replacement for displacement. Just there are different ways to get more.

And the 300hp 1.3, how reliable is that thing, you can get 300hp out of a v8 or hell, even 400 and it would probably still be way more reliable than that one. Oh well, just my .02

-Peace

Comment

Originally posted by RallyGT
              lol, yeah its been on my computer for a while, i just found it and decided to post it. but anyway, what are the litres of? i always wondered that
              They are a measure of displacement. Look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami
                Lemme see it could take all the 1300hp Pro-Stock cars, the 850hp Winston Cup cars, the thousands of 12 second N/A street cars rumbling around the planet, or all those 427 LS6's that are pushing 600+hp street legal. Dude rotary's can be fast and they're great for road racing but owning ANY V8? Gimme a break. You can get a 5.0 in the 12's for under 10 grand including the cost of the car. Try THAT with a high priced FD.

I'm not flaming it just really irks me when people start talking about the V8 like it's some dark age troglodyte that can't hang. Not every Mustang, Camaro or Corvette has a 600lb 30 year old boat anchor for a motor you know.
                I like all kinds of cars and engines and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, but if you put 10k into my car it would do a hell of a lot better than 12s. V8 usually implies heavy *Censored**Censored**Censored* car and I'd rather have a tiny car with a rotary. I wouldn't mind having the ATI V8 RWD Ford Focus though. Or is it V6? Anyways. Anything can be good, it's just how much you put into it. But now, because I'm a rotorhead.... Rotary roxorz your boxorz!!!

P.S.

Originally posted by 180maniac And the 300hp 1.3, how reliable is that thing, you can get 300hp out of a v8 or hell, even 400 and it would probably still be way more reliable than that one. Oh well, just my .02
                I still don't know how Rotaries are not reliable. Mine is fine. Maybe I'll find out some day.
                Last edited by Misthael; 05-07-2004, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 180maniac
                  Yeah, i'm with you Tsunami. But all of these cars with the low displacement making high hp are all turbocharged. And a turbocharger really just displaces more air,(i read it stated like that somewhere) so there really is no replacement for displacement. Just there are different ways to get more.

And the 300hp 1.3, how reliable is that thing, you can get 300hp out of a v8 or hell, even 400 and it would probably still be way more reliable than that one. Oh well, just my .02

-Peace
                  You bring up an interesting theory: that is, with a given volume of air taken in, two engines should make about the same power. Like Lemans, the Ferraris and Vettes have about 600hp, yet the Vette has about 60 more cubes. The Vette has a bit more torque though. The torque advantage will usually go to the larger engine, the larger the engine the more work it can do given the same efficiency. Usually the downside of larger displacement comes from increased friction or more rotating mass, but if you play your cards right it's not that big of a loss.

Btw I'm not dissing rotaries at all, for a sports car they're a good motor, with their low cg and lightweight. You can't fault the handling of rotary cars. I'm not rotorhead but from what I know they are kinda finicky: you've really gotta know you're stuff to boost a rotary and keep it alive (as opposed to a 2jz which just eats boost for lunch).

What I'm curious about is that LS1 RX7 it supposedly weighed less than the rotary version (according to what was posted here). But I'd love something like that, can you imagine having all the great JDM CF bodykits and suspension pieces with good old fashioned V8 hp under the hood-not to mentinon the sound. But then again the LS1 looks good in it's home too

Comment

alls i know is if i had a 200hp na 4ag in my car i would be damn happy

Comment

yea kinda old but still funny

Comment

Even better....that 1.6 Liter Honda won't lower your sperm-count like that Yellow 5 DEW will

Comment

lol, thats a myth. dew doesnt lower your sperm count.

Comment

so what if my bottle of mountain dew is 3 liters?

p.s. notice no attacking or censoring

Comment

Originally posted by 180maniac
                              On the contrary not all of these cars w/ a high hp out put are turbocharged. There's a crx (if i'm right) that is a SOHC vtec runnin 11's all motor. his compression is somewhere near 13:1 (if not higher my memory is still fuzzy). Phenomenal car, all motor can still hang even w/o alot of displacement.

Comment

I've seen a few D15-T CRX's making over 200hp...

Doesn't each rotor have 3 power "strokes" per rev? What if the point of having 3 rotor faces if there's only one ignition per rev?

2 rotors=6 pwoer strokes/rev (ignoring offset)
                                4 pistons=2 power strokes/rev

So according to this pic, a Mustang 5.0 motor is about the same power as 2.5 bottles of mountain dew?

-MR

Comment

Working...
                                X