No announcement yet.

Dirft your favorite woodland creature !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny thing is, I found out the day i hit the deer, the city I was in was planning to start "culling off the herd" aka cutting them down via bullets and hunters. That night I slammed bambi back a few yards, then the following day they called off the plan to "cull" I was like YES! i wonder if I had a hand in the decision. lol

Comment

Originally posted by SRT4ing
      but deers throw themselves at ur car or just freeze when tehy see headlights or hear an engine...common sense would dicate...big, loud, bright, thing...i should go away quickly, but no...
      they do run from smoking tires...... i did that once to these deer on the side of the road, and i just dropped the clutch and starting spinning em, and low and behold, scared the poo out of the deer...they ran away very fast

Comment

I was driving to school one day a couple years ago when I still had my learners permit, so my mom and this kid i carpooled with were in the car. The car here is a 98 ford windstar, but anyway, going down this nice long straight road, see two birds up in the distance. Figure they'll get out of the way once i get closer. They dont. As Im almost on top of them, they get the brilliant idea to fly away from this thing. So one flys in the opposite direction, and survives. The other flys right into the grille on the van. needless to say, that one didnt make it, but what made the whole occurance so funny was that after hitting the bird, it bounced off the radiator... without feathers, and all the feathers were dragged up and over the car by the slipstream. In the rearview mirror you could see the feathers gently wafting to the ground. i was laughing the whole drive to school. Upon arriving at school, I inspected the car, and found a few feathers wedged in the radiator, and a couple bent radiator fins.

Comment

exploding pigeons

Have u ever noticed that if a bird is sitting on the edge of your side of the road and a car approaches it doest take the logical step of hopping a little further off the road instead it rather suicidally decides the best option is to cross all the way to the toher side which when your going 160 kph plus (100mph for u ppl who cant embrace the metric system) causes birds to explode into a rather large cloud of feathers and breaks rather rare DR30 headlights. On a similar topic my cousin took a sheep out at 120kph in his rally car mid course and kept driving with a cracked windscreen and dented front when he got back to our service area he had clumps of wool all thru the front and still came 3rd overall.

Comment

Re: exploding pigeons

Originally posted by R32inR30
            On a similar topic my cousin took a sheep out at 120kph in his rally car mid course and kept driving with a cracked windscreen and dented front when he got back to our service area he had clumps of wool all thru the front and still came 3rd overall.
            that is freaking bad a$$!! gotta love rally drivers!

what kind of car do you have?

Comment

mine or his?

My car is a DR30 coupe, 5 speed skyline ive changed out the old breathless six for an R32 spec RB20det with a garret t04 turbo, intecooler, blow off valve, microtech computer, a custom exhaust and whiteline sway bars king springs and some monroe gt shocks. oh and theres a 50shot hiding in my subwoofer box (NOS is illegal for cars here) makes around the 250 hp mark at rears. my cousins got a 96 wrx rally car (only 300bhp) so fairly stock wiht rally installation on it

Comment

nice sounding car, got any pics?

Comment

yes, very nice car!! gotta love the old school skylines as well!

Comment

Do old people count? They get that deer in the headlights look quite often. This old dude pulls out in front of me, very badly I might add. I drifted, well slid, around him mostly because my brakes were bad (drums out of round) and the tards at Ford don't understand the meaning of "there's something wrong with my brakes, fix them." I think I had taken my car there twice before this incident. Wouldn't have again if my car wasn't under warranty, dammit.
                    Last edited by bdjoe; 05-20-2004, 08:33 AM.

Comment

old people scare me......

Comment

yes, I agree, especially the old people who think a farmers market is a through street.
                        on topic, I acutally had the chance to drift a small deer, my front bumper caught it on the rear end and gave it a good reminder to stay off the black ground.

Comment

One time I drifted right into a number of squirrells... I still wonder if the squirrells had something wrong with them.

Comment

I think squirrells have something wrong down to their DNA. Suicidal SOBs.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift For Food
                              I would have nailed him, lol.

For the animal lovers, let me clarify, I would have slowed if I could, if not, I'd center him under the car or aviod to either side if it wouldn't risk injury to me, my car, or other cars/people. As far as hitting him, that's up to the creature. If he bolts and right under the tire, it's his fault, fair game for me. I've got lots of little creatures running around at night or at day time. Deer is the biggest concern, otherwise, possum, rabbits, squirrels, chimpmunks, raccoon, dogs, cats, feasants, turkeys, low flying birds , etc...
                              I'd only worry about your car hurting the deer, wather then the deer hurting your car. A buddy of mine and I were driving around and a deer ran out right in the middle of the road, and he hit the SOB and it went right under his Chevy ZR2 (for those of you who dont know what that is, its an S-10 Redneck style. Complete opposite of an Xtreme) and we drove right over it. He pulled over and the next thing we saw what the deer getting up and runniong back into the forrest. I think the Deer mophia (sp?) is out to get him. Hit and run tactics didnt seem to work, though it did bang up his bumper pretty bad.

Comment

Yeah, they will come right at you. One of my friends had his door dented because one ran out of the forest and head-butted it.
                                Its mafia by the way

Comment

Working...
                                X