D1 W/ FF Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 W/ FF Car

so i heard d1 only allowed FF And RW only so why i never seen a FF??? It suck they need to pay attention to the FF Drifter... I have a dream that one day some one will be drifting FF in D1 and that would be me!!!!(Please no autograph!!!)

cause a ff layout sucks compared to fr, slower ugly drifts, cant link turns, botom line the cars couldent qualify

Comment

exactly, just not competitive

Comment

oh...oh...oh....and your schooled

thank you, come again

Comment

actually if you watch some d1 events there are some FF cars, but they never qualify. the main set back w/ FF is exit speed. FF suck at exit speeds.

Comment

There should be a separate class of the D1 that consists of FF drifters. This will alow FF drifting to grow and as a result make people take it more seriously. Although FF drifting is nothing compared to FR drifting it is something that should be respected when done properly and not dismissed just because its different. One day there will be a guy who drifts a FF really well and all those who bad-mouth FF drifting will be scilenced. racing2khaos, go for your dream and make people stop sh!t taliing FF drifting...

Comment

Originally posted by bluballz
              actually if you watch some d1 events there are some FF cars, but they never qualify. the main set back w/ FF is exit speed. FF suck at exit speeds.
              Amen my brother!!! thats true i been thinking of that. and all of you guys who said bad thing about ff drift car they probly dont even know how to drift w/ it. So Any FF drifter keep your dream up and be proud of your car, it maybe a FF but probly you could drift better than most FR, and their wanna be ego cause they got a FR!!!

Comment

I'll get my balls flamed off for saying this, but i don't think FF drifting should even be allowed (at d1 i mean, to each his own elsewhere). Everyone says it like, oh well it's harder. I don't think it's harder like an mr2 is harder than a trueno, i just think it's ghetto. It's hard to pick up radio stations with that coat hanger... catch my drift? and no, i don't "got a fr" or an ff, so don't flame me for talking big. I'll be the first to say I've no skills whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by pork_poney
                  I'll get my balls flamed off for saying this, but i don't think FF drifting should even be allowed (at d1 i mean, to each his own elsewhere). Everyone says it like, oh well it's harder. I don't think it's harder like an mr2 is harder than a trueno, i just think it's ghetto. It's hard to pick up radio stations with that coat hanger... catch my drift? and no, i don't "got a fr" or an ff, so don't flame me for talking big. I'll be the first to say I've no skills whatsoever.
                  That's right. FF drivers always 13itch about not getting the respect of the FR drivers, but think about it! Drifting was made for FR and possible MR or RR (Rear engine, located behind back axle. Not sure if this is the correct term or not.) I know this is hard to swallow, but you can't drift with a front-engined, front-drive layout! It's impossible! Drifting is: an oversteer, in which the vehicle is powered through a corner by the spinning wheels. You cannot power through a corner with only the front wheels spinning! It's not because the FF drivers don't have talent, which many do, like Pierre Kleinubing, it's just that FF cars can not drift. Please, stop whining about FF not getting the drifting respect it deserves. Go do autocross or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideways Spanky
                    That's right. FF drivers always 13itch about not getting the respect of the FR drivers, but think about it! Drifting was made for FR and possible MR or RR (Rear engine, located behind back axle. Not sure if this is the correct term or not.) I know this is hard to swallow, but you can't drift with a front-engined, front-drive layout! It's impossible! Drifting is: an oversteer, in which the vehicle is powered through a corner by the spinning wheels. You cannot power through a corner with only the front wheels spinning! It's not because the FF drivers don't have talent, which many do, like Pierre Kleinubing, it's just that FF cars can not drift. Please, stop whining about FF not getting the drifting respect it deserves. Go do autocross or something.
                    i still dont think so... i seen some fr drifting and still i could do the same thing... drifting is an oversteer game, so it maybe the power transfer of ff is not as good as fr. i know fr drifting is that the front wheel is strickly for steering direction and the back is for powering the drift... and bad thing for ff is that both is combining of steering and the powering the car. but my point is that anything is driftable even a freakin TRUCK!!! as long as you turning an oversteer car...

Comment

allow FF drifting to grow
                      HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh I"m sorry was that not meant to be funny?

Comment

allow FF drifting to grow
                        HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh I"m sorry was that not meant to be funny?

Comment

Originally posted by Sideways Spanky
                          your an idiot. sorry you dont know anythign about wieght transfer. im glad another e-drifter got his lame $.02 in. you can drift fwd, but its darn near impossible to carry speed.
                          Last edited by Ris4drift; 10-26-2004, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Velvet
                            There should be a separate class of the D1 that consists of FF drifters. This will alow FF drifting to grow and as a result make people take it more seriously. Although FF drifting is nothing compared to FR drifting ...
                            1) you just answered your own question on why you wont see it.

2) ff drift IS respected. Drifting.com is NOT compromised of REAL drifters. if anyone shows up at an event and drifts anythign they get respect. on drifting.com its a bunch of people driving civics/nissan trucks posting stuff they google searched in the e-drifter championship.

i still do not understand the point of therads like this. or any the threads here. go to an event and drift. stop posting, get out there and drift/learn to drift at an event and prove something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift

Drifting.com is NOT compromised of REAL drifters.

go to an event and drift. stop posting

i agree with those, but I don't respect ff "Drifting"

Comment

Working...
                              X