No announcement yet.

Street Legal Jdm Cars Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are "S15s for track applications" They arn't street legal....
    Differnt story

Comment

Originally posted by jdmdrift
      What exactly are you wanting to be quoted? Ive got a big list in front of me. Send me an email at JDM_Cars01@yahoo.com

Jordan
      It must me me only but your email isnt working. So could you email me at Fd3szero@aol.com or just Pm that would be great.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by DomLee
        This makes no sense for you to state the obvious. Titles have always been transferrable to all states. I can transfer a title from California to Nevada. Makes no sense for you to mention this.

So...because I'm in California...you're going to tell me HOW to pass emissions here? Really? Because I'd like to know what information you can give me about CARB (California Air Resource Board). Personally...I don't think you have a clue.

You, as a SUPPOSED importer...are the ones who are supposed to do all of the required emissions work. You CANNOT import a vehicle and leave it to the customer to find a way to pass.

Rules for Importation
        http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/

Vehicle Importation Guidelines
        http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...t05282004.html

List of Registered Importers
        http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...t07142004.html

I can post links to the US Customs website too which correspond w/ the NHTSA/DOT's guidelines. Also, the EPA.

Please feel free to respond to what I have just posted. I know what I'm talking about. Some other people know more than me. I have no problems providing proof of what I say, as I have provided links to pertinent info regarding vehicles and their importation/emission requirements. Feel free to prove me wrong.
        Check and mate buddy!

Comment

I can get JDM RHD Nissan 180sx for

I can get JDM RHD Nissan 180sx for $6,700 shipped to your nearest shipping port (additional costs for transportation from port to your door) the only downside to this would be the following.

1. Will not be legal to drive in the U.S. Unless you apply for a dealer's license then you can apply for a dealer's license plate and use it on any car.

2. You'll have to re-install the engine, transmission, and other misc. interior parts to get it running.

3. You will not be able to register it unless you use the chop shop method that was mentioned here on this site.

4. Possibility of other downsides that I don't know of maybe some members on here will be able to enlighten us.

On a positive note: You'll have a JDM RHD car w/ an SR20DET, you can also just make it a huge project and use the JDM parts and move it over to your car, just use it as a track only car until you get your dealer's license, use it to learn more about the 180sx.........etc, etc......

Comment

Originally posted by Ka24deturbo
            I can get JDM RHD Nissan 180sx for $6,700 shipped to your nearest shipping port (additional costs for transportation from port to your door) the only downside to this would be the following.

1. Will not be legal to drive in the U.S. Unless you apply for a dealer's license then you can apply for a dealer's license plate and use it on any car.

2. You'll have to re-install the engine, transmission, and other misc. interior parts to get it running.

3. You will not be able to register it unless you use the chop shop method that was mentioned here on this site.

4. Possibility of other downsides that I don't know of maybe some members on here will be able to enlighten us.

On a positive note: You'll have a JDM RHD car w/ an SR20DET, you can also just make it a huge project and use the JDM parts and move it over to your car, just use it as a track only car until you get your dealer's license, use it to learn more about the 180sx.........etc, etc......
            I'll elaborate more...on the Dealer's License method that you're talking about.

In order to OBTAIN a dealer's license...you have to PROVE to the DMV (at least in CA) the following:

1) There is enough physical room for the vehicles that you are dealing with. Meaning you can't just declare your garage or backyard as your "business location". Odds are...this will have to be on commercial property, so you probably can't make this a home based business.
            2) There is a office.
            3) There is signage.

Here are the basic requirements shown here.
            http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vehindustry/ol...icledealer.htm (basic requirements)
            Photograph requirements
            http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vehindustry/ol...q.htm#location

Since you are obviously transporting the vehicle over here are a "parts car"...

You can't drive it. Not even as a "dealer" are you supposed to be driving a non-registered vehicle.
            You can't register it.
            You can't really do anything w/ it except transport it to track events.
            And you'll be a magnet for cops who pay more attention to 240sx's now.

So in truth...you have an enormous lawn ornament.

Why would anyone pay $6,700 for a car they can't drive...when they can get...

1 US 240sx (S13) - $2,500
            1 SR20DET (red top) - $2,200
            Total cost: $4,700.

I just don't see the point in importing a vehicle whose basic chassis is commonly available here AND the engines readily swap in.

Comment

Originally posted by DomLee
              I'll elaborate more...on the Dealer's License method that you're talking about.

In order to OBTAIN a dealer's license...you have to PROVE to the DMV (at least in CA) the following:

1) There is enough physical room for the vehicles that you are dealing with. Meaning you can't just declare your garage or backyard as your "business location". Odds are...this will have to be on commercial property, so you probably can't make this a home based business.
              2) There is a office.
              3) There is signage.

Here are the basic requirements shown here.
              http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vehindustry/ol...icledealer.htm (basic requirements)
              Photograph requirements
              http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vehindustry/ol...q.htm#location

Since you are obviously transporting the vehicle over here are a "parts car"...

You can't drive it. Not even as a "dealer" are you supposed to be driving a non-registered vehicle.
              You can't register it.
              You can't really do anything w/ it except transport it to track events.
              And you'll be a magnet for cops who pay more attention to 240sx's now.

So in truth...you have an enormous lawn ornament.

Why would anyone pay $6,700 for a car they can't drive...when they can get...

1 US 240sx (S13) - $2,500
              1 SR20DET (red top) - $2,200
              Total cost: $4,700.

I just don't see the point in importing a vehicle whose basic chassis is commonly available here AND the engines readily swap in.
              It was just a suggestion and yeah your right it would be shipped here as a parts car but you know how some people are they want the JDM RHD bragging rights plus Autoconxion use to sell them for $8k+ back when they sold S13s

In regards to the dealers license you can piggy back off of a dealers lot if you talk to one of those rinky dinky dealers you see on every corner in LA.

This guy JDMDRIFT doesn't make sense and I'm telling you what the process is to get a RHD over here.

You can drive it but if you get pulled over it's on you, you can also legally drive it with a dealers license plate on the car even though it's not registered.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d16_5/vc38021.htm

"38021. (a) A manufacturer, dealer, or distributor, or his agent, owning or lawfully possessing any off-highway motor vehicle of a type otherwise required to be identified hereunder may operate or use such vehicle without an identification certificate and plate or device upon condition that each such vehicle is accompanied by a special permit issued to the manufacturer, dealer, or distributor as provided in this division.

(b) Persons licensed pursuant to Article 1 (commencing with Section 11700) of Chapter 4 of Division 5 need not obtain such a permit provided the vehicle is operated or used under special plates issued to the licensee."

I'd love to have one of these as a lawn ornament!

Plus if you can find an very cheap USDM 240sx all you really have to do is transfer all of the USDM tags, signage, manufacturer details, gauge cluster onto the JDM car. You don't even have to remove the JDM tags you can just have them mounted right next to them then you can bring it over to a ref and have them check it out and since it is the counter part to a USDM 240sx it should be approved to legally be registered

You probably might even ask why would someone go through all of that trouble just to have a JDM RHD car and I'll respond with, why turbo charge a four banger, why drag race a front wheel drive, why would you want to do anything that isn't a challenge? We don't know why, were idiots that love to do stupid things for fun! We love to prove others that had doubts wrong.

Comment

hey everyone ive read through all the posts since i last posted and like i said before i deffinatly understand your concern, i would never hand someone 15 k without knowing what i was getting into (again ) thats why iwould rather people e mail me and i can try to focus on your questions and concerns speciffically,
                dominic has every right to be concerned for himself or anyone else on here, but to answer doms question earlier , i had to change the support because it has a lesser crash safety rating in japan then the u.s model so they asked me to change it out. so thats what i did. i didnt ask questions i just did it.
                like you previously stated i wanted to be able to drive my car, not just have a lawn ornament. so i did whatever it took.
                so thats what we do with others cars when we get them in if they dont pass we change it til they do.
                and as for our name being on the title. it doesnt stay on the title. your name will be on the title once you register it in your state just as with any used car you buy.
                if the e mail isnt working for you then you can e mail me personally at
                jdmdrift@hotmail.com
                again thanx to everyone on drifting.com for your help.

Comment

if i remember correctly......the only way you can import a car as a track only car is if it was in fact an original race car.....with race car parts and paperwork from the manufacturer proving that the car did indeed have race car parts on it from the factory thus permitting you to import the car as a race car......and that you CAN NOT import a car as a race car through customs if it was originally a street car

i believe i read that in the USDOT documentation for importation of vehicles

Late,
                  Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Ka24deturbo
                    This guy JDMDRIFT doesn't make sense and I'm telling you what the process is to get a RHD over here.

You can drive it but if you get pulled over it's on you, you can also legally drive it with a dealers license plate on the car even though it's not registered.
                    LHD/RHD is NOT the issue. There is a LOT more to the legalization than RHD. RHD isn't illegal. There are lots of cars in the US that are RHD. Ask any mail man.

I have to agree though that JDMDRIFT doesn't make sense. He is a dreamer though.

Comment

Originally posted by phantasm
                      Ask any mail man.
                      HAH, thats the best, i was wondering when someone would use that

Comment

... but to answer doms question earlier , i had to change the support because it has a lesser crash safety rating in japan then the u.s model so they asked me to change it out. so thats what i did. i didnt ask questions i just did it.
                        like you previously stated i wanted to be able to drive my car, not just have a lawn ornament. so i did whatever it took.
                        so thats what we do with others cars when we get them in if they dont pass we change it til they do.
                        When you say "they asked me to change it out.", who is "they"?

So you have the crash test data for a Silvia (from Nissan Japan) and a 240sx (from Nissan USA)? How can you compare the two? As much as you can somewhat say that the standards in the US are stricter...how can you directly compare them and say that the Silvia will not pass?

How is it...that you have the crash test data from Nissan Japan and Nissan USA? They do not give out this data.

Back to stuff that you mentioned earlier. Since a Gloria has no US model...how did you add the proper structural reinforcement for a car that has no known US model? How do you know when you've added "enough" structural reinforcement?

and as for our name being on the title. it doesnt stay on the title. your name will be on the title once you register it in your state just as with any used car you buy.
                        if the e mail isnt working for you then you can e mail me personally at
                        jdmdrift@hotmail.com
                        again thanx to everyone on drifting.com for your help.
                        http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...t07142004.html
                        "Only an RI may import vehicles for resale. If you would like to bring vehicles into the U.S. for resale, you must become an RI."

Only a RI is able to modify a vehicle. You are not shown as a RI. Therefore you can't perform any modification to any vehicles...unless you can prove that you are a RI or have a contract w/ a RI to do the work for you.

Comment

there are so many loop holes in this thing, especialy at the state I would not worry. just register it in a state that has strong property rights laws (IE Texas) when I was with cartunes, we had guys bring up skylines all the time to get mods done. none of these cars were ever done by motorex, but they all had leagal stickers on them.
                          if thats not enough for you I have an extream case of a guy in west Texas, this guy has, and drives a russian army troop transport vehicle (looks like a tank) now this thing is not on any import list, but its registered, and he drives it on the street

Comment

Originally posted by realSILVIA
                            if i remember correctly......the only way you can import a car as a track only car is if it was in fact an original race car.....with race car parts and paperwork from the manufacturer proving that the car did indeed have race car parts on it from the factory thus permitting you to import the car as a race car......and that you CAN NOT import a car as a race car through customs if it was originally a street car

i believe i read that in the USDOT documentation for importation of vehicles

Late,
                            Daniel
                            That info is wrong, Rob who used to work at Joule in Towada and his friends have a R32 GT-R as a "race" car up in Montana.
                            it used to be a "street" car.
                            He used to post on fresh alloy.

Max

Comment

if anyone in the sf bay area, ca wants to register a japanese car, send me an email and i can set you up with some info. its not cheap though. danny@viptuning.com ...i just got my impreza sti version 2 registered a couple of weeks ago. replacement vin, everything is legit.

Comment

Working...
                              X