No announcement yet.

Info on drifting MKIII?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you abuse and neglet the 7m motors, they are crap.
    if you abuse and neglect a jz motor, they are crap.
    if you abuse a RB series, SR series VG series, Vq series motor they ARE CRAP

its all about how you maintain the motor.
    the old 7m motors can be traced back to the toyota 2000gt motor and the old 5m blocks. they were NOT ment to be made into turbo's but were converted after the fact.

I love the 7m, i really really do. the simplicity of it. But all of that is outweighd by the rev limit ( bore and stroke).

I dont feel like doing a 1jz motor swap....NO TORQUE. i would have to buy a $1500 turbo kit to get some amount out of it. the 2jz swap is just way out of budget...but would and could be nice.

again, do the work the RIGHT way the FIRST time and you dont have to worry about blowing HG or frying turbos or spinning or frying bearings. its all about maintaining your ride.

peace out,

Jonathan

PS: the 7m has far more potential that ANY 1jz motor....but the 2jz is another story

Comment

Well this could be a simple fix, you could do what TougeWarrior said swap the engine but you could also change LFS transmission witch would help you on the 360/dohnuts or 180's.

Comment

your talking simple.

the mk3 turbo supras all had LSD. not open diff like you are implying.

do you even own a mk3? i really dont follow your past post.

-Jonathan

Comment

you guys are talkin about it bein heavy and hard to drift with the 7mgte, try doin it with a 7mge. Thats a challenge.

Comment

I got proof that mk3's CAN drift, here is a video i found while at work.

http://cradle.blue-arrows.net/movie/jza70.wmv

it came from this drift team in Japan.

http://cradle.blue-arrows.net/maru.html

I told you they could drft quite well....look how balanced it is around corners. the guy was just gas temed thats all

Comment

Originally posted by mk3mann
              if you abuse and neglet the 7m motors, they are crap.
              if you abuse and neglect a jz motor, they are crap.
              if you abuse a RB series, SR series VG series, Vq series motor they ARE CRAP

its all about how you maintain the motor.
              the old 7m motors can be traced back to the toyota 2000gt motor and the old 5m blocks. they were NOT ment to be made into turbo's but were converted after the fact.

I love the 7m, i really really do. the simplicity of it. But all of that is outweighd by the rev limit ( bore and stroke).

I dont feel like doing a 1jz motor swap....NO TORQUE. i would have to buy a $1500 turbo kit to get some amount out of it. the 2jz swap is just way out of budget...but would and could be nice.

again, do the work the RIGHT way the FIRST time and you dont have to worry about blowing HG or frying turbos or spinning or frying bearings. its all about maintaining your ride.

peace out,

Jonathan

PS: the 7m has far more potential that ANY 1jz motor....but the 2jz is another story
              I take the smack talk about the 1jz back, i sourced some info out on them, and well....700hp HKS T51r....eh..yeah

I am thinking again about the 1jz...the SOUND of the motor is what gets me the most

Comment

haha I just rememebred this thread, I have been staying at SF.

I'll actualy read it tomarrow, but yet to the guy above I met someone local that has a 1JZ in his MKIII and yes the exhaust note's sounded much better but the spooling of the turbo a firends 7M-GTE behinde him sounded better. Though be it his exhaust sounded more...tractor like

I also discovered this isn't the original engine, so no clue what the real mileage is on it. It is a US spec though so likely from a junkyard or something.

Just got a new wireing harness because the *Censored**Censored**Censored*got that swapped them got lazy and spliced the two insted of swaping them so ones been cut in half and causes half the sensors NOT to work.

otherwise engine and car seem ok..

Comment

Working...
                X