ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If FF can really drift, is there any video out there showing FF drifting technique

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been said before, it'll be said again.

It is possible to drift FF.

But if you go from a FWD platform to any RWD one you'll understand. Take it from me, I used to drive a Prelude Type SH. Sure it was fun, and decently fast. But as soon as I started driving FR cars I realized I'd never go back.

Comment

Heh.

Mr Zeta I think you may need to go find another Drift forum. Bye bye. Hate to say it...no love to say it. You're a jackass. You are rude and obnoxious. So go and find your better Drift forum. Don't need you here anyways.

Fr is coming. It's drifting. Not the same drifting but drifting none the less. So gear up for it.

Comment

Yea when drifting gets big in America they put this FF crap in the mix. Man I've done some things in my VW's and friends Hondas that could be called drifting, not nearly as fast as what I've done in rwd cars still but at speed. I feel what you said Chocobo FF drifting doesn't amount to half of whats done on rwd set ups. FR is simply better for performance.

Duluth what are you talking about Fr is coming. I have 2 FR cars sitting in my garage right now. lol! Did you mean FF drifting is coming? Oh the FF thing is coming fo sho.. I don't think any of us here care of ff drifting but I guess it may be a way to conduct business. I just don't like fwd, its no fun. Can you blame me?

Comment

all you guys that love to hate on ff come battle me on a straight I will dori past you you fully side ways so talk all the Sh!T you want or come to hawaii and battle me. Just for you guys info I have some of the faster entry speeds for drifting than most fr that drifters down here. If you guys want to know I got the trophey for sliding up on a GTS in three multiple turns and yes it was in the exit!!of the third turn Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it can't it can't be done when I get the chance I will make a video just for you guys

Comment

Personally I think that everyone got a civic and now that drifting is getting big they don't want to feel left out so they talk about how you drift an FF. The best you can do is power slide. Bad FF no choku dori for you.

Comment

It'd be real hard to come to Hawaii with one's car to race you but I would LOVE to see a vid. Specially if you are the one the Ol Crazy Hawaiian is talking about.

VID VID VID VID Heard great things about you.

Comment

For all you FF drifters...

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                  Ok, ill take that one. You win. But dont call me a dumbass you fuking prick, i know more about this *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* then youll ever learn.
                  Well, Chas, I'm back so we meet again....It has been pointed out several times in the last year that those little crap boxes are indeed FF.

You are the fuKing Prick!! Get over yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Mooboy
                    Personally I think that everyone got a civic and now that drifting is getting big they don't want to feel left out so they talk about how you drift an FF. The best you can do is power slide. Bad FF no choku dori for you.

Last night I was choku dori-ing down a wide street in my sentra. I always said FF's cant drift, but ever since I've been getting my sentra's back out, my mind has changed a little, FF's really make a challenge, and its pretty fun. I still do kind of have to say FF's cant drift, but then again, maybe its because I havent really tried.

Comment

I'm sure this has been said 100x before but here it is again...

"UR NOT DRIFTING, UR DRAGGIN' A$S"

the 1st person who shows me a vid w/ some incar footage of an FF doing a drift w/out pulling the monkey-brake gets a GOLD STAR! plus the fame of ending all this bogus "FF Drift" arguement-drama. until then u all know and should just admit that ur just flat-spotting ur tires and slowing ur car down too much by dragging it around the corners... hell, u can barely get the tail out when ur dirt-tracking, i highly doubt u can do it on pavement.

I have the vid of j-spec civic attempting to drift around the course but all u see is the front wheels tearing loose and the rear tires standing still.

comeon now FF people, i dont mean to sound spiteful.
                      its just common sense. FFs are fine for people who like them, but the only reason for someone to pull the monkey-brake is to park their car on an incline.

its like me saying "Woohoo! Look at me drift!" when i'm only doing doughnuts....

AJB

p.s. however those camoflague hondas do look kinda cool.
                      Last edited by OH240SE; 07-07-2004, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KYLE ARAI
                        all you guys that love to hate on ff come battle me on a straight I will dori past you you fully side ways so talk all the Sh!T you want or come to hawaii and battle me. Just for you guys info I have some of the faster entry speeds for drifting than most fr that drifters down here. If you guys want to know I got the trophey for sliding up on a GTS in three multiple turns and yes it was in the exit!!of the third turn Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it can't it can't be done when I get the chance I will make a video just for you guys

lol good for u on the trophey, they had to give the "Booby Prize" to someone.... JJ

and uh kyle, i hope ur not that dude in the 360 video who's getting way too sideways infront of people in that seafoam colored car with the ribbon on it, slowing people down. its cool to get almost 90degrees but 120degrees it a bit too much, show me u can do it without pulling the monkey-brake. Pretty easy to talk big when an ocean seperates you from the main land.

lighten up a bit player, dont get so defensive

its all about fun anyway.
                        Last edited by OH240SE; 07-07-2004, 10:25 PM.

Comment

You shouldn't listen to newbies that talk big with only a couple of posts. They may getting you angry and defensive just for kicks...Anyway, FF does indeed have sliding power, but it is limited as some of you said. A "Can a FF drift" forum can really attract negative attention no? I think if you see one, it's best that you ignore it entirely...

Comment

i'm pretty sure an FF car could do a momentum drift without using the dreaded e-brake.....

Comment

Originally posted by RotaDrift
                              i'm pretty sure an FF car could do a momentum drift without using the dreaded e-brake.....
                              Why is the ebrake dreaded? Try to name ONE of your favorite drifters who dont use the ebrake...

Comment

I'm getting sick of all these azz dragging comments as if its an insult. Who cares if the rear wheels are locked and not spinng. Are you trying to say that people using the E-Brake aren't drifting? Last time I checked, drifting had more to do with oversteer, angle, speed, and smoke ... not what techniques you use to get there. Heck, even the pro's use the E-Brake. Give up the elite attitude already, make yourself look bad. Just because you can drift without using the E-Brake does not make you better than people that do. Bickering about who uses what techniques and how that makes certain people better than others is rubbish. None of the real drifters I know ever say that kind of crap. Sure we joke about azz dragging, but we are not insulting anyone. Only people on internet messageboards and people that dont drift insult FF's with that comment. Well guess what, just because you haven't seen it dosn't mean its impossible.

And hey, just to let you know, Kyle beat out 40+ FR's (from qualifying to the event itself) to get that "Booby Prize". Post count dont mean jack. I guess you haven't really seen the light until you've watched FF tandem with 3 AE86's, initiating from the same points and maintaining the same speeds, smoking all 4 tires through the turns... Anyway ... yeah vids soon ... Kyle will soon be the Moderator of the FWD Drifting Technique forums at DriftingForums.Com so look there for the vid (whenever he releases it).

Comment

Working...
                                X