ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If FF can really drift, is there any video out there showing FF drifting technique

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drifting is Drifting

You guys are all arguing over FF and FR and RWD and AWD and 4WD who cares man we are all a big community and still growing...Look over here in Japan we are never arguing about who can drift what ....And also there is nothing wrong with pulling the MONKEY BRAKE cause in the streets of "NAMBU" YOKOHAMA you have to because its a 180 degree turned into a huge wide sweeping turn so i have to pull the MONKEY BRAKE so please man you guys in the states are some Phucking babies please stop this crap about whos drifting what ....I drift a Skyline GTS-25 NON-turbo and thats hard enough cause I havent cancelled my HICAS system so its hell trying to spin em hahahah well enough of that..I can wait to get back to the states ..........http://members.cardomain.com/redgts25 look her if you dont believe me

Comment

oh240, you have NO idea what you are talking about or who you are talking about so can it. That guy who won the "Booby prize" as you so called it would run circles around you unless you are top notch. If you don't like FF then don't drive it and don't post in the thread. Easy as that. No need to insult someone who you A. do not know, B. have never seen drive and C. have no reason to insult. If you think this is some flame forum where you can just bust out the insults, then you are dead wrong. Keep it up and you won't be here much longer, of that I can assure you because I DO know what i'm talking about there.

Comment

Wow, this is an OLD post - December of last year.

What ever happened to Chas and Chocobo anyway?

Regarding the topic:
        OH240SE - come ride with me at DOF tomorrow and you'll see...
        CH - how soon do you mean by "soon" on the driftingforums.com board? Does anyone have any videos as of now?

-MR

Comment

I guess whenever he gets his computer working hehehe

Comment

Calm down its far too easy to stir up arguement on here, ya'll really need to learn how to take opinions better. I can see that a few of u are buddies on here and try to stick up for eachother but comeon now. I just made an assumption about that hawaiian ff drifter, tried to lighten the mood a bit. all i'm saying is...

"U can drift ur FF?, well show me that u can do it with more than one technique."

Comment

i did it awhile back in my civic...i use to ebrake all the time...ACDsupra made a vid for me.....i wasn't that good at it but hey it was fun.

but in reply to the post above, i once drifted doing accel offf on accident...i entered a corner too fast not thinking and let go of the accelerator and began to slide....i got scared and spun out....not something i was use to...especially in the civic...

now i got the miata and it takes ALOT of practice to get this bloody things tires loose.

Alot of people HATE on FF's because simply...it's not accepted in america....its weird, because in japan when drifting first came up, it happened alot...FF vs Fr, but simply put alot of the FF car's couldn't keep up with the FR's...some could.....but the majority could not. So everybody switched to FR and MR and yadadadada....

I think it's cool we have discussions, but when you start arguing with people and start throwing out *censors* out there thats jus messed up. Drifting.com is supposed to be a community and people who want to learn from each other....I'll tell u what, i've never seen better ebrake drifter's than FF drifters....that's for sure....

a nd what's up with u people leaving??? you got e-hurt? don't wanna be here anymore...if you think your so high and mighty and think u know your stuf, stay and teach us something...otherwise we don't need your smart *censored* comments here....all it does is hurt the board...

that's all for my ranbolings...mx5 doridori signing off...

Comment

http://www.driftsession.com/drift_te...s/dirtdrop.htm

This technique should execute a drift with FF without using the e-brake. I never tried it because i never brought my Celica GTS to the track to do this. But this should be the best technique to do it.

Comment

This what i think about the old FF vr FR issue. Sure FF's can drift. However, it really doesn't feel the same as compaired to an FR, feels like sliding/dragging the rear when your driving it, so its not as fun in my opinion. I know because i have tried both platforms, FR's are much more statisfying, in respects to the excitement and the flexibility to drift.

Comment

here is my opinion of the whole FF drifting, i think it should not be called drifting, but it should have its own name, maybe Frifting (j/k). The other day i rode with one of my step brothers friends who has a Civic and we went "drifting", now its not the same thing as FR drifting but it is fun! So stop the hate and just accept it as something else.

Comment

haha "FRIFTING" I like that, good call

Comment

Props to Crazy and Nemisis for giving some good points. Drifting should be about fun. That's it. Platform is irrelavent. I started on fwd and went to rwd. I'd have to say that yes rwd is more satisfying and works in a very different way. I'm on awd now, and the feel under throttle is probably more similar to a fwd than a rwd in behavior although it's quite different than both. Drifting is drifting reguardless of platform. Each has their various techniques as well many shared techniques.

I don't know why people keep calling fwds *Censored**Censored**Censored* draggers. I kind of wish people would stop saying that. It's like rwds don't do the same thing. Oddly, I never used the e-brake on my fwd car. It would have been nice, but it wasn't really avialble being on the floor and with the cable sticking if I'd ever use it. I learned on braking and feint, and that was about it. The e-brake is something I've only started to work with on my awd since it was the first that wasn't the foot version(short the very first car I owned).

Simply, I'd agree to prefering to have a rwd car to drift. I enjoyed my rwd car much better than my fwd. There's more options, more control, and maintained speed through corners. However, I'd disagree on the idea that fwds can't drift. Drifting is sliding, controlled sliding. Any car can do that reguardless of drivetrain. To say no to just fwds is ignorant. It's ignorant to the basic laws of physics behind drifting. Yes, the technique is different, but that's true for every different kind of car: fwd, awd, rwd, and every different rwd model drifted.

If the e-brake is your main arguement, I give you a simple example. Take a rwd with major understeer(stock or maybe badly tuned). With a lot of understeer, you may be far more prone to the use of the e-brake to start or maintain a drift at times.

Now, lets go to a fwd that has been tuned with a good amount of oversteer. A fwd with oversteer has an excess amount of grip on the front end allowing it to over corner the rear. During a corner, the driver could both get the rear end to slide out AND maintain speed through throttle with the extra traction available. No e-brake is even required. Technique will vary but the driver could initate a drift and maintain a 4 wheel slide, under power around the corner, rear end out and everything. This isn't drifting? There is still a 4 wheel slide, a car angle higher than the corner angle, the need to control steering, throttle, and brake to adjust speed, angle, and the resulting line of motion of the car. Would you still not call this drifting?

Even an untuned fwd can still slide around corners. You're just more limited with throttle and may need to rely more on braking to keep understeer under control. Oddly, my awd techniques are very similar to my fwd techniques short of some small changes due to the awd platform allowing me some more use of throttle.

In the end, everyone arguing about fwd can't drift is relying only on their specific definiton of what drifting is. To me it's controlled sliding, period. It's a loss of traction on all 4 wheels and the use of steering, braking, and throttle to control and modify the direction and speed of the car. It's simple, it's generic, and it explains what you're doing when drifting. However, any platform can drift using this definition. It's the definition I go by when defining the meaning of drifting. There's no bias, no exclutions, no limitations. It's just you, the car, and the simple laws of physics.

Comment

Originally posted by OH240SE
                          haha "FRIFTING" I like that, good call
                          Hahah...

FRIFTING... ROFL...

Man... I can't get over the idea of how to insult FF drivers... Yes, I am a FF hater...

Matt.

Comment

hey matt, your such a hater.. you should be more like me and say, "I don't hate but nor do I appreciate".

Comment

Wow whats with all the hate....Alot of name calling and what not, seems all childish to me.

You can drift a FF car, you can drift a AWD, you can drift a FR, and you can drift a MR. So get over guys you're all acting like little puusssiieeessss!

Its obvious you can drift a FF car or they wouldn't have a series of it in rally. Sure you can get a big showy drift, but you can race drift. Autocross/rally people do it all the time.

But this thread wasn't about perfence or FF vs FR, one simple thing, can FF cars drift? And yes they can, question answered. Videos?? I'm sure you can look for some of rally or autocross events.

So everyone relax and get off your high horse. Because I know half the guys talking on here probably don't drift and are all talk.

But I think I just invited a whole bunch of hate on me??? Moderators I might need your help, controlling this group.

Comment

Yes, hes rite, you can drift ( if thats what you want to call it) a FF, i have dirfted my accord, it isnt easy and it makes flatspots on the tires and makes a annoying sound (sounds like a flat tire) when your driving so i dont do it often, but it can be done

Comment

Working...
                                X