No announcement yet.

Drift a Low-Powered Vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a completely bone stock setup myself,89 240 coupe,SOHC.with 195/60/15 and i can slide very easily.

Comment

Well, I rode with JR today and he worked MAGIC with a stock ride, open diff and all. Magic I tell you. It's all skill. It can be done. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Comment

clutch kick. i had a totally stock 240 with like 160, 000 miles on it and I clutch kicked alot and the clutch never messed up once. i had the car for over a year. Also tire pressure has alot of effect. I other techniques like ebrake and weight tranfer were hard to do. The ebrake was hard to use cause i am so big I cannot reach it that good. Clutch kick.

Comment

i have a 91 with suspension and lsd . completly stock engine.. i run 205 falkens ziex;s in front and 215 crap in back.. just go fast the *Censored**Censored**Censored* goes out on its own.. so far my clutch has held up on a competition daily driven and a practice event..i cluch kick alot too so with a stock engine it might hold up for you.. after feb 5th i'll post a lvideo link .it's very possible to drift with little power..theres a few guys in south florida with stock ka's that do pretty well

Comment

forget the topic a 72 2 door 510, damn you scuba steve why cant i find somn like that
            I sold my '68 with built L16 dual webbers and tons of other stuff about a year and a half ago. I miss that little bastard

Back on topic I drift a stock ka with intake and I have no problems with long drifts. I do have vlsd and kei office xr's also but I would drift it on stock suspension when I still had the auto trans its all about corner entry and keeping good corner speed/line. I also have a friend with suspension work and a stock ka that spins out quite a bit but when he gets it has no problem with nice smooth long controlled drifts but he has suspension and a kaaz 2way. I really think that it snaping back has to do with your diff. I can feel when my lsd unlocks off throttle and it snaps back it is because you are dragging that tire and it wants to straighten out.

btw these pics are on sticky dunlop 225/50/16's so that gives you an idea that the ka has enough torque to spin them you just need more speed on entry.

Comment

well i got the drift bible yesterday and i watched it like 3 times and it was amazing......that guy is soo smooth w/ all his transissions and the timeing of breaking/throttle control......just crazy stuff......and he does it w/ 4 diffrent cars......s14, s13, MR2, and AE86 and all three have diffrent power and handeling and he just makes it look soo damn clean the whole time.....great video....answered all my questions....thanks tho.....

Comment

its very simple. IF you can get it to go out and it snaps back when you end it your exit is sloppy and it will get better with time and pratice. Other than that yes you can but you need to clutch kick a lot and can't let off the gas to much

Comment

Hey guys new to the forums. Was reading through all the posts in this thread and decided it was gonna be my first thread i posted in. Well back to the topic my dad has a 92 subaru impreza wagon and being that i live up north in wisconsin it snows alot. I was out yesterday playing in the snow in the subaru when i took about a 120 degree corner and drifted the whole way. I know you guys talking about dry weather drifting but since yer trying to find out how to drift underpowerd cars... Use wet or snowy roads!

Comment

stock ka never even runs right.. just go fast and clutch kick. 205 in front 215 in back

Comment

Working...
                    X