!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !

sorry about the newb question but i havent found it in the forums, anywas some u guys now and i just wanted to see. Well the comon prob of SR vs KA i kno the KA has 2.4 litrs and the SR is a 2.0 and that u can boost it way more than the KA though, problem is that in MIAMI i dont think they specialize in SR engines, a better question is how u guys deal with the repairs on ur SR engines when ur not in cali

just learn about the engine and fix any problem you have by yourself.....im in california but ive never had anyone fix my engine for me. I look at alot of forums and i learn alot by searching for the question i wanna know.

go to these forums if you have any questions.

www.Zilvia.net
    www.240sx.org
    www.240sxforums.com

Comment

I think he's talking about maintanance parts. Like OIL filters, gaskets, etc. Im not sure.

Comment

Good consideration. Glad you are looking into this before doing anything crazy like swapping an SR. Never plan on working on your SR away from home, as you have to remove it from the car to do...pretty much anything. Location of the headbolts, you know how it is. Umm...btw, where did you get that you could boost a SR beyond the KA???

Comment

You can get that stuff online. Or from me, or from the many importer shops in miami. Good shops will order it for you.
          Last edited by Chas; 01-12-2004, 09:55 PM.

Comment

If you are unsure with the SR, stick with the KA. I believe Foilman has a KA turbo and he is hell on wheels with it.

KA's are great motors. Also he is right, figure on pulling the Sr to do much past basic maintenance.

Comment

SR20 is a sentra motor

Comment

The Ga-16 is in the sentra.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwalker
                  SR20 is a sentra motor
                  you mean G20 infinity, right? Well eventhough the engine code is the same, its not the same engine

Comment

SR20DE-Infinity G20, 200sx SE-R, Sentra SE-R

Ga-16-200sx, sentra

Comment

oh and the NX. SR20DE came in the nx too.

Comment

aaaaaaaaaND KA is NOT a truck motor. Even the frontier guys call it a 240 motor.

Comment

!~

i meant sr20det (abrev.)

hey chas what the names of the shops in miami and the addresses if u can

Comment

just throw a TO4 on and boost to the sky

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwalker
                              aaaaaaaaaND KA is NOT a truck motor. Even the frontier guys call it a 240 motor.
                              And I call my 95 240 a S14. Doesnt make it one. The KA was originally made for Nissan trucks.....Id call that a truck motor.

Comment

Working...
                              X