Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to the hugest parking lot ever.

Comment

ok kids listen up. drift event on February 21st (saturday)

http://orlandospeedstars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52

sorry this is in florida
      Last edited by Spazum888; 02-03-2004, 11:39 AM.

Comment

2:00am+ during the Weekdays, Empty parking lot, (old HEB grocery store) I use the light pole to increase my car control while sideways, i can get about 2-3 inched away while going sideways, only prob is you gotta look away from the pole once every few seconds, or you get tunnel vision. Oh, and you will get DIZZY!!!! I also hit up a spot in Houston Metro area, h-town Drifters whats uP!!

Comment

im just agreeing with most of the replies, just look around your town/city for open area without much traffic *cough* (industrial parks) *cough* and practice as much as possible, always have like one buddy with you so they can lookout for cops. and ake turns, so everyone has fun.

i use many areas around chitown to drift, but the *cough* area is best to move around. you can get up to 80mph in some areas perfect for drift.

Comment

i use islands to drift around when im in parking lot, and then i use sharp corners on the road....when spring comes me and my buds are going to run touge like every weekend......

Comment

Practice Reccomendation

For anyone who is wanting to learn basic car control and how their car feels while sliding around I suggest to find an isolated gravel parking lot. Something that is flat and relatively smooth (no big potholes) with gravel that is not to big so it doesn't mess your car up.

It's easy to slide around in gravel and get your car sideways without burning up your tires. You can also drift at much slower speeds. Gravel especially helps if you don't have a LSD yet.

With a little searching you can find a gravel lot far away from the city so you don't have to worry about the cops.

If you have a big enough area free of solid objects you can go crazy and try anything and not worry about wrecking.

Comment

If you go to some of the islands in greece there are crazy touge mountains that never end. So you can just put your car on a boat and go and cops are non existent. In athens you could go to parking lots but for like 3 min before you get busted.

Comment

our spot::

this ourplayground, Team D:Con (already posted in "pics/vids")-

the "cage"-

http://www.samuraifiles.com/modules/...9/DSCF0004.avi

http://www.samuraifiles.com/modules/.../no_ticket.avi

Comment

I don't drift often because an Mn12 is very heavy, but I can do some slow drifts in snow-covered parking lots. My best drift was when I slid my car around a small corner in the snow. I don't drift often because I can't afford to wreck it so I stick to attacking the off-ramps One question though: If you drift in gravel won't you risk punture and damaging the tread from the abraisiveness of the gravel?
                    Most importantly life is more important than drifting so play it safe out there.

Comment

the way I practice is not by staying in one spot...the minute I see an opportunity, I go for it and then I leave I do this all day while I drive on the way to somewhere. This way, I am gone quickly and I dont get used to drifting the same turns

Comment

there are alot of schools around where i live, from elementary, middle schools, high schools. the back parking lots where they have the buses for all the kiddies to go home in. i usually hit up one for a bit and then when i feel i've done enough damage i move onto others. i usually only do it at night and when it has lightly rained. oh and if the school has a cop that lives on the school grounds make sure you scout the place for his cop car first then tear it up.

Comment

Working...
                        X