total noob question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArchangelX
    Dude...can't say it any better than that....the Mazda did come with alotta concerns, but they really engineered the thing till it was almost too much...

As my friend who works at tanabe once said "they over engineered it"

Comment

I thought I would also share my theory on the rotary engine.I look at rotary's like this,there almost like a real person in a sense.Treat the engine bad,don't take car of it,abuse it,and it will come back and kick your a$$.If you do that to a real person,there probably going to do the same thing,turn around and hit you back.In this case,the rotary makes sure to break down at the worst possible time to give you the best beating.Treat it good,its going to listen,respond well,and do as you want most of the time.But like a real person,it can have bad days.Pamper the engine,it will have no respect for you and treat you like crap.Oil will build up on the housing,then you'll have problems.Not too many people who are pampered turn out to be great guys to hang out with and depend on when you need a hand.The engines the sameway.Lastly,spoil it,but keep it in line,things should be fine for the most part.In the rotary's case,this means talking it out for some good runs and driving it hard at times.They need to be kept in check.

As for piston engines,they like to be beat.They can be abused a lot more,but they suffer from more energy loss,so there less efficient than its rotary counterpart.Even though the rotary needs more care,it has more than 49 less moving parts than the piston engine,so it experinces less energy loss and gets more power from the crank to the wheels.It just takes money,time,and dedication,but it offers rewards that a Ferrari never could,that's why I respect the automotive engineering that is the rotary.

Comment

Fd is from 1993 to 1998 in the U.S///Canada but they are still making Fd's in japan.

Sucks that we cant get em here.

Comment

Nope. 93-95 in the US. 93 was the R-1, Touring and Base, 94 was the R-2, Touring and Base and 95 was the last year, R-2, Touring and Base. Thats it. After that they were no comprende senior.

Also they are no longer made anywhere. 2001 I think was the last year.

Comment

Ghost of Duluth

ur right but there are rx7 made in 1996 and they have one in japan its 2001 0r 2002 its like a spirit R. iam pretty shure

Comment

93-95 was the only years the RX7 were produced for the U.S. The last production RX-7 was the 2002 Spirit R...I'd kill to have one..the stock paint is awesome along with all the upgrades.

There have been so many different versions of the RX-7, it's hard to keep up with, sometimes..Bathurst, etc..

Comment

Working...
              X