any one know anything about sliding an S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any one know anything about sliding an S2000

Hey guys i was just wondering if any one knew how a S2000 drifted, if it was good or not.

There was a guy on here that was going to try drifting his s2000 but don't know what became of him.

Seems a little too high in the price range to be learning in in my opinion. Look around and get a beater to learn. Even something as cheap as an old Cressida.

Comment

you can say that the s2000 is like the same way a mr2 drifted, a real pain. But if a mr2 can drift, so can the s2000, btw honda SUCKS!!!

Comment

Some people like Hondas. No need to bash em. ACtually, don't bash other peoples cars. Not cool.

Comment

one of the reg norcal guys has an S2K
          just search for mooboy on this BBS..and you'll find him

Comment

Originally posted by understar
            you can say that the s2000 is like the same way a mr2 drifted, a real pain. But if a mr2 can drift, so can the s2000, btw honda SUCKS!!!
            Im not the biggest Honda fan, but i respect all makes. So tell me what makes the S2000 suck?

Comment

Other than the cars lack of torque, i would think that the chassis would be ideal for drifting, lightweight and perfect weight distribution, why does it suck? Have you drifted it yourself to know this? And hondas are actually some of the best motors out there its just they get a bad image from the ricers in the import scene. The only reason I didn't get one is because everyone and their mom has one and I wanted to be a little different, unfortunately that plan went to hell when everyone got 240s too.

Comment

Nissanguy I think that was just another case of a new person quick to post and not realizing that we are not about the flaming here.

I agree though, the chassis should be ripe for Drifting. Honda makes superb engines. There is a reason it is the #1 Import car for doing anything too. Not the #1 car for Drifting but it's the Chevy of the Import world for a reason.

Comment

iv seen s2000's drift or actualy just one but it didnt look like the guy driving it had any prob's. i think it would be a great drift ride but it just cost to much to fix unless your rich. it would be fun in an empty parking lot with cones.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                    Some people like Hondas. No need to bash em. ACtually, don't bash other peoples cars. Not cool.
                    Ghost of Duluth, thanks for posting this reminder.

DRIFTING.com (FAQ Sheet) Please Read
                    http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=2101

Comment

Originally posted by understar
                      Thas funny understar...lets see if you'll have the same opinion after you meet my boosted s2k. Just swing by sometime.

Comment

maybe if you put tape on yout tires...It'll drift!!!! TAA DAA! I havent seen a s2000 or any honda drift before, except on initial d arcade stage 2.

Comment

What are you talking about? there rear wheel drive cars, they have everything needed for a good drift car. They may not be popular among the drift community, probably due to there cost, But that doesnt mean they cant drift.

Comment

give it a couple years, and s2ks will begin to pop up more, i saw a silver one(like a mirror not factory type paint) on in the image station alblm of d1 in tokyo(i think)

Comment

Its alittle like the NSX, how many do you see drifting? not many. i've seen the drift king drive one though.

Just because a car isnt popular in the drifting community doesnt make it a bad drifter. Im sure there are many many expensive cars and domestic cars. That arent popular but would be fine vehichles.

The S13 and the Ae86 became very very popular because there was alot of them and they were cheap. Not because they were gods of drifting..

Comment

Working...
                              X