• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
    Weights on all 3

1989 240sx 2940 lbs
    1976 280z 2800 lbs
    1972 240z 2301 lbs
    Where did you get that number for the SX ghost?

I dont know about other 240sx owners but my 92 240sx auto weighed 2780 with the spare tire and everything in it stock.

With the rear seats and buckles ripped out and the spare tire kit removed it weighed 2700.

they tell me the Auto to manual swap takes at least 60 pounds off the car. I cant verify that my self, but that should give you a good idea.

these are weighed in front of my own eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis
      why does that honda have the wor acura on it??? time to start cutting people......
      honda and acura are the same company.

It says Davis Acura, im assuming the name of a tuner or a car dealership.

Comment

why does that honda have the wor acura on it??? time to start cutting people......
        Two reasons. 1) The entire drivetrain is 100% Integra Type R. 2) Davis Acura offered to sponsor me, and as a racer you take any sponsorship you can get!

Matt

Comment

thats sweet..i bet thats a fun little car to drive

Comment

Caster angles on the old Z cars favored the Zs for forward high speed driving not drifting like what we do today. Sure its done, but with patience and practice even moreso then other cars that are more proper for this motorsport.

Comment

Those weights are subject to differences on the web. Usually there's a 200 lb difference give or take on the net. So what you say you saw is correct I would guess.

Also, I just don't think the old Z's drift that well. From what I have heard and seen, not the first choice for drifting. Love em though.

Comment

Ah its cool.

Actualy mine is a base model coupe. so its one of the lighter cars, actualy it had the auto and AC so im surprised its as light as it is.

Comment

if you do decide to use your 280

i got some springs for you... actually my brother does...

check them out.

http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=61464

its 120 picked up and 150.00 shipped.

Comment

Re: if you do decide to use your 280

Originally posted by corollarollas
                    [B]i got some springs for you... actually my brother does...
                    Actually, I have my own parts supply company. I'm working on a deal with Eibach as we speak to carry their line.

Matt

Comment

Acura/Honda=Same company. Theres no acura in japan if Im right or else they wouldnt have a Honda NSX, etc.

And imo drifting+fwd=assdraggingly boring...

Thats just me.

edit:
                      whoops didnt notice the second page that probablly mentioned something that Im replying to. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                      X