Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverGhost
    i just sent a rod out the side of the block,
    Do you have any pics of this? I have heard of it but never known anyone that did it. I have a friend that sells 240s with CAs swapped in for $2800 I think. May not help you, but might give you an idea of how much it would cost. If he can afford to sell em that cheap...

Comment

i may have a pic of it somewhere, but not on hand....but when i blew the old motor, thats what happened. piston 1 froze and the rod snappec in half at the crank, and half of it cam out the side, blowing a hole 3" in diameter......

what is that guys email? i would very much like to get some kind of idea what a ca swap costs

Comment

He works at Cartune Dallas, which does the swaps. They do them for...well 2800. But they get 240s really cheap.

We are Cartune Texas in dallas tx. we specialize on the skylines and 180sx/silvias
        do swaps, engine, builds, fabrication, tuning, all that good stuff.
        we do about 2 SR swaps a week, along with other cars
        but we do other performance cars as well.

we do our own importing from japan

CA18DET swap $2800 installed
        SR20DET swap $3800 installed
        RB25DET swap $5500 installed
        His user name is Hollywood on driftcentral.com

Comment

Originally posted by girlracer
          errrrrrr ummmm dont diss me!!!juz buy an AE86.at least if u crash it it wont hurt that much.if you buy another KA and do all the work, or swap or buy a new car, and in the middle of ur drifting practice sm freak accident happens that'll cause ur engine to get f-ed up then that wud hurt like hell(i cried when i crashed and im not juz being a girl) coz of all the money and hard work spent. getting an AE86 and modifying it a lil bit cost money too but not as much.thats juz my opinion..
          i hvae a magazine with an 86, drift machine at $6k on mods and everything.

Comment

i have decided what option im going to take......

im going to get Import Soul to install a CA18DET in it for 2k.....i will need to save about 1600 bucks this month for it, so it will be a stretch, but i need to be ready to compete in a drift event here on april 24th....

Comment

i don't know why nobody has said this yet, but why don't you *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* or reset the timing, that might be the problem, a knock is caused by the piston wanting to go the wrong way. so that usualyl means the timing is bad...try to fix the timing and you'll probaly save yourself a motor....otherwise, i'd say go ca18det something new in this world of sr20det's...

Comment

how does the Ca compare?? I here the sr is a high reving, engine with more top end power, and the Ka has more touque than the sr, so how does the ca compare

Comment

the CA is a combo of both the torque of ka and top end turbo power of sr, its a 1.8L that puts out around 180hp stock, its cast iron, and turbo.

Nemesis, i already tried getting the timing fixed and everything, and it still knocks, and the real reason im going with the CA is my ka manual tranny is going bad, and doing it quickly. the syncros are all messed up, and its just not worth it to me to get it fixed, hence the CA18DET is going in. Also, getting the CA installed will cost less than rebuilding the ka, so it doesnt bother me at all. now im just saving the money for it....i need like 800- 1k until i can afford it, so stuff is going on ebay....

Anyone want to buy beanie babies and star wars action figures?? lol, j/k....

Comment

Working...
                  X