No announcement yet.

FC or not FC, that is the question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

go look on ebay... u can buy the 2+2 rear seat kits... installs onto any FC... (i think...)

2+2 seats
    Last edited by delasoul909; 02-27-2004, 12:54 AM.

Comment

ok another thing if you gonna swap the sr20det into a fc then why not just buy a s13 and swap the tranny out of the auto and get a manuel sr to put into it

Comment

Originally posted by Misthael
        No RX-7 has rear seats.
        Acutally, both the FC and FD came with rear seats in Japan.
        Attached Files

Comment

there must be alot of midgets in japan cause there is no way in hell someone could sit in the back of an fc.

Comment

think s13 rear seats, but even smaller. The japanese as a whole arent the largest people on earth, besides they have midgits, there called children. a small child could fit back there.

Comment

Misthael: I have two FCs. one has a back seat. One doesnt. But all were made for it. If you pull back the carpet you will notice they just put plywood over the area where the seats would sit, to level it out, then pulled some carpet over it.

Im with SDRotary on this one all the way. I hate ppl that buy Rx-7s and yank the engine. The rotary is the essence of the car. If you dont want it, get another car. It doesnt make any sense. "Im gunna swap the engine cuz it makes less sense". That is why I hear. That is why it is different. Nobody does it cuz there is no reason to. The only benefit the SR has on other fitting S chassis ready engines is the revs but an SR wont out-rev a 13b. Just dont do something stupid for attention.

TP sil-beer didnt say anything profound but it was dead on. They're just another form of ricers. First there were ricers, then JDMers, now engine swappers. Stop the bandwagons.

Comment

Cool. I've only seen RX-7s with the lock boxes. I'd hate to be in the back seat. Especially in my car.

Comment

how much wud it cost to buy the manual tranny for a KA and swap it in? is it worth it?

Comment

weren't you going to do a sr20 swap if so just do that cuz just a auto to manuel for a ka is not really worth it

Comment

240sx(s13) or RX7 (FC)

Well I have driven both cars and think it's a hard decision..
                      there both in the same price range and are Both Good able Drifters..If ur a beginner i would tell you to use a 240sx since it seems like more people favor it here means you will find alot of parts..(incase U crash)As for my FC love I won't own a 240sx unless I still own a FC first.. =)
                      Here is a pic of My fc's
                      Last edited by JunpoweR; 02-28-2004, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoukiS14
                        weren't you going to do a sr20 swap if so just do that cuz just a auto to manuel for a ka is not really worth it
                        i would go ahead and swap in a manual sr, but the problem is money (isnt it always?). i dont have the money to swap out the engine right now, and i dont want to be stuck with a manual for what could be a while. thats why i want to see if i could swap the tranny out for a manual. i know that the engine swap for a new ka would cost about $400 (my friend did it), but how much for just the tranny? please help me!

Comment

Im with Junpowr on this one too. I have an S14 and and FC as well as too many other cars. But for a while I thought about selling my FC cuz I had too many (still do) but I couldnt bring myself to do it. It would take something terrible to make me sell my FC.

Im also going to have to disagree with GoukiS14 here. His suggestion doesnt make a lot of sense to me. I mean, what does the motor swap have to do with anything. I mean, granted it means the engine will already be out of the way, but a tranny swap is a lot more than just switching the trannies. It seems, that by his logic you couldnt swap a manual for an auto and be justified. Do you mean that an SR makes a manual necessary or that a KA.... I dont really get it. Anyway, I wouldnt swap trannies. Not for any reason other than its a lot of trouble when you could have just bought a manual car. I mean, if there really arent any manual 240s out there, maybe you should, but it seems like you arent looking hard enough to me. As for the pricing. Your local junk yard ought to have one $100 maybe.

Comment

yah thanx for the help. im gna wait it out a little longer to see if any manual 240s come up, but if not, ima try to swap out the tranny.

Comment

my response was to him wanting to swap in a sr20 in to a FC i'm thinking "if your going to do that then why not just get the s13 (because that's the car it belongs in) and swap in a sr if you were going to do that to the FC and make the 240 manuel along with the swap" now that I know he can't afford it then yeah just wait cuz that's what I had to do for the S14

Comment

this sux. i hate waiting. im not a very patient person. i suppose ill have to tho. ive narrowed my list to 5 cars: FC, 240sx, Supra (mkII), AE86, or MR2. whaddya think?

the only problem is there are none of ANY OF THESE available in my area. what are the odds? i think every drifter in the atlanta area are buying up cars by the dozen!

Comment

Working...
                                X