No announcement yet.

FC or not FC, that is the question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just realized this site has a forum!!!
    If you want an FC just to swap in an SR20DET in it, then you'd be missing the whole point of the car. Just wait and look harder. There are tons of cars that are great to learn how to drift. Look into older Celica's 80-86, Mitsubishi Starions and older Stanza's. They are all RWD and you should be able to get them for cheap. Or just get the 240, wait, and then swap teh SR20 and the manual tranny!

Comment

I SECOND THAT!

Originally posted by P1STON2ROTARY
      Just get a 240...with thinking like that, you couldnt handle the fc. Your brain is already doing leaps and bounds on a subject that you dont understand. If your only or main intent in driving is drifting then just try to find a 240 if u can, and start out with that. Its an easier drifting car then the fc (well for me it was), and you wont have to deal with small difference like the rear toe steering which gets annoying (which can be eliminated though). The 240s a great car for drifting and seems to be much more user friendly for inexperienced drivers (not saying you necessarily are).
      I second the 240 motion..if your really just going to drift the car..replacement parts come easier for the 240's..and theyre not as mechanically frustrating as a rotary car..i for one would chose an FC over a 240 any day...but thats just me..i got the rotarty love jones..dont get me wrong the 240s a great drift based car..let alone a great car itself..but honestly..if you dont knwo what your doing the FC would be tons of headaches

and as for the the sr20 in the FC oh man..its like wearing nike with adidas..rebok with puma.. it defies the whole point of the rx7..
      Last edited by WickedFC; 03-10-2004, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I like both the Seven and the S13.. but the sr20 in a seven is just dumb...

Now a 13b turbo in a full out gutted S13 racecar would be kindof cool.. but kindof pointless, the FC and the S13 are very similar cars anyways, Dimensions/weights/distribution ect.. I know its not the same, But they are similar automobiles.
        Last edited by nissanguy_24; 03-17-2004, 12:05 PM.

Comment

there are tons of manual S13 240s here in south Fl for under or around 2K. i bought mine for 1300.

but id go with FC. personally. 240s r everywhere. i used to have one, but my next car, now i have an FC b/c hell, just bout all drift events down here are 240 shows, y not add a little rotary to the mix?

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectD
            there are tons of manual S13 240s here in south Fl for under or around 2K. i bought mine for 1300.

but id go with FC. personally. 240s r everywhere. i used to have one, but my next car, now i have an FC b/c hell, just bout all drift events down here are 240 shows, y not add a little rotary to the mix?
            Ditto on that

Comment

hey i second that

Originally posted by theflatlander
              Ditto on that
              nothing wrong with a little rotary compation

Comment

Hey listen i'm not diss'n u but ppl who think that replacing a rotay engin with a piston engine is a good idea well it aint. simply put rotarys are rotarys. just turbo the fc and it will go UBER hard, oh and just so u know i own a fc and it goes hard mine has back seats but getting someone to sit in them for a long trip is like getting the statue of liberty to fit into a mini. i was gonna super charge my 13b to b different but there is no way i could ever match upto a 13b turbo with all the same mods all though it was an interesting concept like the engine swap u were thinking about its a waste of money.
                P.S to do that engine swap would take alot of money. with that money u could fully work the 13b turbo. mine is gonna set me bac $6000 to $8000.

Comment

Rotary's take work though, if you get an fc, be prepared to do a lot of reading/spend a lot of time under the hood, i love my new fc, but i've already had to do a few things under the hood to it. If you are not willing to put the time into an fc i'd say go for the 240 because they tend to be more user friendly in my experience, rotary's are reliable though, it's just finding someone who know's how to fix it when it breaks is the hard part so most people do it theirselves. also when you run a 7 hard there's no sound on earth more beautiful

Comment

If any of you guys make it out to formula D this weekend there hopefully will be a guy drifting a black FC with a SR-20 in it, hopefully the car will be ready in time

Comment

Working...
                    X