where do you all get your cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do you all get your cars?

hey im wodnering were do ya'll get your cars at.because most of them arn't made anymore so do you buy them at used car garage things?or import them or something??becuase im thinking about getting an s13 when i get older but i dunno where to get one please help me

I got mine off eBay, 1989 240sx fully loaded.

Comment

Dont worry, You'll always be able to find a used car.

Newspapers, EBAY, smaller car lots will always have what you're looking for.

( D_G )

Comment

mine was for sale outside of a Tire Kingdom.

Comment

I got mine from a Gypsy woman named Griselda. She was cursed to spend eternity in the same spot unless some one bought the car. So I am the patsy.

Actually mine was sitting under a tree where it had been for a year. It was a friend of mine and he wasn't car savy. Got it for 6000 bucks and it came with just abou everything on it. I aded a few things then promptly proceeded to blow it up.

YAY!.

Comment

I found mine on Auto trader, a 92 240sx. It was down in burbank. I was having trouble finding a coupe like i wanted for sale here in bakersfield, I went down there test drove it looked it over. Came back the next day with cash and paid for it.

And now shes my baby... *sigh* i love my car.

Comment

A good place to find used cars are, The Classifeds, Websites, EBAY, Private owers and Small used car lots.

The Pro's of buying from the classifeds, and private owners is, theres usually no credit invovled which allows kids like you and me to be able to buy a car.

The Con's are the fact that you never know what happened to the car before you bought it.

A Quick guide to buying used cars.

Check the body for signs of bodywork. i.e. Missing Molding, Mis-Matching Paint. Check the wheel wells for bondo, The door jambs to see if the color matches. The engine bay to see if the color matches.

Check the uni-body for rust or corrison, This is very important to a drift car. Since the idea of a good drift car is to be as stiff as possible. When a frame rusts it basiclly makes the car worthless to people like us.

Check to see if the car is a formar drifter or racer. Check the Trunk for all acessories, Check the Interior under the carpet for weld spots or traces of a Roll cage.

Buying a Formar drift car is a bad idea, seeing that drifting beats the hell out of cars. You dont want a car thats been beat already.

ALWAYS, ask to testdrive the car, Ask if the car has had recent repairs, and if the regualr matince has been keep to date.

Links,

www.autotrader.com < good to find private sellers in your area.

www.club4ag.com < good to find AE86's & sometimes other cars.

Also a good place to look is this forums For sale area.

Comment

Also you are going to have to do some footwork. I have found the coolest cars by chasing people down, thats how I met the guy that I bought my FD from. I had my 93 Touring and saw him on the road, pulled him over and we became friends. Then he parked the car and I bought it from him 6 years later.

Doing legwork for you is going to be hard since you don't drive now. But when you do drive, if you still want the same car, point your car to the most remote, countriest place you can think of and drive there. Then find the most remote road in that place and go down it. Start looking around. If you see something you like, make sure you are dressed nice and stop and talk to that person. Odds are the he doesn't want it or he knows other people that have some of the same thing or someone who's wife is running around with the local Preacher and he want's to sell her car to get back at her. Everything happens in life trust me.

What you need to do now is save your dollars and buy a cart. Start carting. There are numerous places where you can go to check it out. Andretti speed labs is a place that pops into mind. That is the best way to get started and learn car control. Without that you got nothing. It will also allow you to be comfortable in your metallic skin. Without that you got nothing as well. So at your age, car info would be the furthest thing from my mind. I would be 10 times more worried about talking to my dad and geting him to get me started in carting. Trust me, there are carts out there that are absolutely no joke and will do over 100 mph.

Comment

Good point ghost,

For example there are two 86 coupes down the road from my parents house in a even more rual area then they live! i seriously doubt the drivers consider them as anythng besides old toyotas.

besides the more rual you go, the less expensive imported cars are. and no ones ever heard of drifting..

Comment

I got my first chevette out of the woods. it was free.
                    My second is from chicago and I payed $200.

Comment

yah everytime i see an auto trader i get 1 and look for anything thats worthy of drifting in.but im gonna start saving my money for a car now and like start up a lawn mowing buisness or sumthin.haha,but i might get my mom to buy me my first car because its gonna be used no doubt.i dont know.but i saw an FD yesterday but it went by on the highway and me and my freind were on our bikes sitting in fornt of a dunkin donuts wating for my mom(long *Censored**Censored**Censored* story).then is aw a sum dude on a crotch rocket do a wheelie and to blue rx-8's go by.anyway is there any were else becuase i dont really wanna do any of that stuff with ebay.any more links?
                      Last edited by integratuner666; 02-29-2004, 04:57 PM.

Comment

LA auto guide.

Comment

My uncle found mine and two other RX-7s at the monthly Salvation Army Auto Auction. I bought it from him.

Comment

O man wat kind of thread is this.... hahahahah "WHere can u buy a car" Thats liek asking where to go to the bathroom.

Comment

no joke man

i guess the person asking was younger.... but yeah just look, any and everywhere you can think of or people tell you

if you see a car you like in a drive way ring the door bell and make the guy an offer... and if he doesnt wanna sell ask if he knows somone who might

tell your friends what your lookin for and have them keep an eye out.. my friend was drivin down a street and saw my car with a for sale sign on it sittin in front of a shop he calls me boom bam a week later im drifting ...its that simple

Comment

Working...
                              X