where do you all get your cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrodDrft
    O man wat kind of thread is this.... hahahahah "WHere can u buy a car" Thats liek asking where to go to the bathroom.
    Word.

Why don't you work on getting that license and then work on learning how to drive before you start looking for a car that's "worthy of drifting". Crawl before you walk and walk before you crawl...seeing as you're sitting on the curb waiting for your mom, I'd say you won't be crawling for a long long time.

Comment

got mine at Carpoint a car dealership 3 miles outside Naha city japan. it was either the s14 or a s15 and i got the 14 becasue it was 4k less.

Comment

is naha far from kanagawa? cuz all s14s here are 9k...and im about to go for a skyline...but part time lifeguarding only pays 7.50 an hour...i shop around at up garage's garage and near blackies (like half a mile offbase)...blackies=arabians...not tryin to stereotype or anything

edit: my dad got his twin muffler fixed there and i heard it was pretty cheap....maybe cuz they replaced it with a junk yard muffler lol...but something popped off of muffler and yeeeah

Comment

Police Auctions... they just about always have imports and you can normally get them for pretty cheap.

Comment

my tip check the rubber support that helps keeps the back box from falling off they can decay as time go's on my car is form 97 and i need a new 1 soon

in police things things here (i dont know about the US and Japan) you can also get stolen unclamed car's but they have no history and need to have new paper work made but you can get a good MR2 TURBO for like £2200 you can also get cars that have been in small crashes for dirt cheap but you will have to fork out for fixing them
            Last edited by BL1TZ_W1NG; 03-01-2004, 11:23 AM.

Comment

I have two s13's . One I found in a news paper add the other I found out in a field. Both cars together cost me 800 dollars. I figured i was gonna replace half of the car anyway (motor, suspension, interior, body, paint etc) so why buy something nice to tear it apart and make it the way I want (I really wanted an s14) . As one could guess a 500 dollar car and a 300 dollar car do not really look or run that good. Also these are not a daily drivers they are strickly project cars. I guess what I am trying to say is you can find a car basically anywhere if you look and if you have cash to throw down

Comment

Lol, in the woods, in a field, where do you guys live?! Haha, I found it in a driveway somewhere. Nobody was using it. Sorry that was just for me. Anyways, thumbs up to rare(free) finds.

I love the AutoTrader for car searching. I haven't found a better online used car listing yet.

Ebay's scary. I've seen quite a few cons/stupidity. I was looking at 240SX's before and checked out Ebay to see what they had just out of curiousity. There were 2 different cars from 2 different private sellers posted from the AutoTrader by some guy. He listed all these upgrades and crap while showing the stock 240's from the AutoTrader, lol. I laughed and then e-mailed him about it for fun. I'm always weary of Ebay. I wouldn't trust buying a car from there.

Comment

I am from good ole South Dakota. Yeah there are alot of people around here who sell them for cheap cause they do not know what they are. Ebay I have bought a lot of products off of there and it seems to be okay. But yes there are theives out there

Comment

considering im 13 its hard to work on a license and i dont really go out and look for cars becuase i dont have a license yet.....

Comment

I got mine from my stepdad cleanst fb ever for stock!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                        I got mine from a Gypsy woman named Griselda. She was cursed to spend eternity in the same spot unless some one bought the car. So I am the patsy.

Actually mine was sitting under a tree where it had been for a year. It was a friend of mine and he wasn't car savy. Got it for 6000 bucks and it came with just abou everything on it. I aded a few things then promptly proceeded to blow it up.

YAY!.
                        6 g's for your FD ? You lucky bastard ! On autotrader, they sell for at least 14 grand.

Comment

I get lucky for some reason with cars. Got a Hachi and I actually made 300 bucks buying it . My first FD I got in 98 and got it for 9000.

Only reason is what I listed above. I cruise the streets, pull anyone over that has something cool then talk to them about it. Or I pull over and talk to people at their houses. Thats the best way to do it.

Comment

How do you "pull people over"? You got a siren on your car or something?

I'm looking for a car myself, ATM. My POS 190E isn't cutting it, even as a daily driver. Something breaks every other week. I'm too shy to be pulling people over or knocking on people's doors...... So I'm probably just gonna go with Autotrader / recycler, used car lots, etc.

SOmeone mentioned LA Auto Guide. Does anyone actually get good deals out of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                              I get lucky for some reason with cars. Got a Hachi and I actually made 300 bucks buying it . My first FD I got in 98 and got it for 9000.

Only reason is what I listed above. I cruise the streets, pull anyone over that has something cool then talk to them about it. Or I pull over and talk to people at their houses. Thats the best way to do it.
                              I agree. That is the best way to make connections and, sometimes, you might just get one hell of a deal by pure balls.

Comment

For corolla,

Almost everyone I know (including me) bought all their AE86 from puerto ricans. If you live in FL, they are really the only people that take care of them. The only problem is that most owners know what they have and won't let it go. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth.

Alot of them are youger guys that probably got it from their dad but most of them are really nice once they know what you're up to. I always try to make it clear that I understand the car's importance and I'll give it a good home. And CASH will get you far so have lots on hand.

It's getting a little easier here lately since the 90's accords are sorta taking over as the cool boricua car. So don't be afraid to leave notes, stop people at red lights etc. The one I have only took me a year to get, but my first one took a few days to find so never give up.

Comment

Working...
                                X