No announcement yet.

drift cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is probably in the wrong thread but i need advice bad. i was wonderin if i could drift a 1982 corolla station wagon? its probably a stupid question but any help anyone could giv would be appreciated.

Comment

is it RWD ???

Comment

Originally posted by Limited_Options
        The Chaser, Mark II and the Cresta are produced by Toyota. I dont think Toyota had a US spec on these cars, besides the JZX90
        Chaser which is the Toyota Cressida.
        sorry for this nubish question but is the Cressida a RWD or FWD and do they still continue that model in Japan?

Comment

those are rwd and i dont know if those still on the market.jijiji

Comment

chaser, mark2, cresta are jdm onli.... the jzx81 varient is most closely related to the mx83 cressida (89-93).. rwd of course

Comment

And the Cefiro is now the Maxima, right?

-MR

Comment

the cefiro is technically a 4 door silvia s13 with an rb20 in it.. sooo, i guess i don't know if it compares to the maxima of that year, or if they continued it then changed it into the 'maxima'.. but that's what it used to be

Comment

Originally posted by TheDarkSlide
                  i heard that the 1987 volvo station wagon has 50/50 distribution, predictable handling, and can hold a slide to the end of eternity with no modifications and minimal input from the driver!
                  I would like to confirm that. <Bull$hit>
                  I can slideout, but I not quite at the point of actually drifting; maybe if I fix my e-brake and remove the 200 pounds of Crap in my car I could get one step closer . . . or not

Comment

Originally posted by DrifterWannabe
                    This is probably in the wrong thread but i need advice bad. i was wonderin if i could drift a 1982 corolla station wagon? its probably a stupid question but any help anyone could giv would be appreciated.
                    I Used to think it would be funny to drift a wagon. BE CAREFULL!!! I haven't given up yet, but I pretty sure all the extra weight makes it impossible (but I'll keep on trying!) Watch out for your ride height, however, because with new sticky tires I have lifted two wheels off the ground. If you already have the wagon; don't give up! If you haven't bought it yet; DON'T!!!!!

(Keep in mind it may be easier in a corolla wagon; my curb weight is 4200 lbs!! Volvo builds their cars to last nuclear wars)
                    Last edited by '88 Wagon; 05-11-2004, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dori ninja
                      theres an 87 volvo 240 wagon for sale in reno for 950, i was thinking about buying & drifting it. also theres a guy here that owns a shop called infinite velocity performance with a dropped late 80s volvo 4 door. the thing has a chevy v8 in it...600rwhp! its funny as hell maybe if i get the wagon i'll swap a rb into it...mad style! lots of ideas. maybe i'll chop top it???
                      $950 maybe too much; I paid $800 cash and looking back; I think I got ripped off. In the car's defense; its only broke a transmisssion mount, engine mount, exhaust mount, PCV Valve; and the clutch is weak and it needs 4 brakes and not sure how many suspension parts. . .Holy *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, I never realized how crappy my car was! The engine and transmission, however are 500,000 miles and strong! I get perfect compression and the car still shifts smooth as butter.

FYI: you will not find parts for your wagon at autozone, don't try!

Comment

• Yeah the station wagon is RWD. so does anyone think its possible?

Comment

• Thanks for the help everyone. I already have the wagon so i'll be careful about drifting it. i just wanted to know if it was possible.

Comment

• Why don't you go and find out?

I drifted an AWD Legacy Turbo wagon, so a RWD Corolla can't be that hard...

Just don't be an idiot.

-MR

Comment

• Originally posted by mranlet
                              Why don't you go and find out?

I drifted an AWD Legacy Turbo wagon, so a RWD Corolla can't be that hard...

Just don't be an idiot.

-MR
                              lol.. hahaha word...

Comment

• good vehicale to drift.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X