How Many Years Drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Years Drifting?

Just wondering how many years people here have been DriftinG.
    I have been Drifting for over 11 years now , mostly street and a little track time..
    1-3 years
    56.10%
    3-5 years
    24.39%
    5-8 years
    12.20%
    8-11 years
    0.00%
    11+ years
    7.32%

i voted for 5-8. Cause i like inital d

Comment

omg CHAS!!

Initial D!!
      I like it also but really How much time Drifting a real car!!

Comment

haha chas

yah

Comment

just over 13 maybe 14 months

Comment

3, more experience than most people in my area

Comment

3 yrs lol also more experience than most people in my area

Comment

Why do you have 11 years in the poll. I have been in Japan for 11 and drift was still in the hills. The GT-R was a new car and nobody in the states new what It was. This is not a flame but its hard to belive anyone in the states has over 3-4 years knowlage of drifting. Anybody that has that much experiance could easyly take the D1 in the states. and place in the top 16 here.

Comment

!

wow all of us have hope to take it then
                  yay!

Comment

this is also not a flame, HA. But i think people confuse drifting with doing donuts and powersliding around there street corner in the rain. oh, and this is not a flame. HA
                    Last edited by Ben Schwartz; 03-11-2004, 07:39 AM.

Comment

eversince i got my car in august '03 i've started drifting, learning gradualy. so it's about 7 months. but there aren't many places i could driftb at. i wish i had more drift time

Comment

got into drifting in 98-99...but went to germany for 4 years and played with AWD cars over there..so i got to get back into the swing of things with FR

Comment

Well it say's 374 days on my GT3 game, so a little over a year compressed into the span of 9 days.
                          My name is Doctor who and my car is the Tardis.

Comment

Originally posted by idontknowcrap
                            this is also not a flame, HA. But i think people confuse drifting with doing donuts and powersliding around there street corner in the rain. oh, and this is not a flame. HA

That happens all the time, especialy with the knew guys. Someone enters a corner hits the gas the rear gets loose and they claim its a drift.... If you ever run into someone and you explain you drift and they casually go "oh yeah i've done that in my pickup.. " or whatever it happens to be. they usualy mean they broke the rear loose comming out of a corner. No one who really drifts speaks so casually about it..

Comment

I clicked 1-3, but it's really under that. Just the concept of drifting has only been existant to me for about a year. I like the idea of game drifting, but it's not real. I can post about both though.

The idea came about after watching Initial D around a year ago. Yeah, me too. Since then I've managed to see *cough* download *cough* all of the episodes and movies.

Second came some virtual testing of the drift idea. Someone brought to like a rather interesting and unknown game called Live For Speed which was created by 3 guys who wanted to have as near a realistic racing sim as possible. It's grown over the years and is quite an awesome simulation. Since last Spring, I've been playing around with drifting and car tuning in the virtual world, helped with understanding of car behavior, setup, and the physics behind drifting. Coming from such a well done simulation, the theories can actually be applied directly to real life.

Third and finally came real life experience. I've been having fun with cars for over 6 years. With a good understanding of the concept of drift and the desire to actually practice it in real life, I started toying with drifting in late Summer in my Buick Lesabre. With fwd and a foot e-brake, I was basically limited to feint and weight transfer techniques through braking and acceleration. In late Fall, my Lesabre died and I moved to my borther's old Ford Ranger, a rwd platform with a manual tranny but still a foot e-brake. I had some fun learning drifting with a rwd platform before the snow started to fall. I continued through Winter playing with drifting when conditions were consistant. Now the snow is melting and I'm readjusting to higher speed drifting again.

Future plans is a new car come this Summer, something a little more suitable, and more drifting.

Comment

Working...
                              X