240vs.miatavs.FC3svs.FB(firtscar)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240vs.miatavs.FC3svs.FB(firtscar)?

I am finally starting to get my parents to think about my first car, and these are my choices..

240:there are several in my area,only a few are manual and they range from $3K-$5K.

miata: a man who lives less than five minutes from my house(and that's walking 30sec driving)collects these and hes got a few of them for sell.but I'm not sure on the price yet

FC3S:Ok I have like 5 or 6 of these in my area but like 3 of them are messed up.But I'm not really expereinced with rotary so..and
    I heard they can be unreliable

FB:not really sure the guy with the miatas has one that he used to race behind his garage beside some other classics.The body is in good condition but I'm not sure about everything else

I know you guys hate these threads,but please answer mine

I own an FB so I am FB biased, but and FC would be better suited for drifting. All should be great cars. I like 240 bodies, but it's just too common for me. Rotaries aren't unreliable. You just have to maintain them. Mine has over 137k miles and the recomended rebuild is at 100k for mine. It all depends on how you drive it and how well you maintain it... right rotary guys???

Comment

ok thanks, hopefully more people reply but is a miata a good drift car? Oh yeah is a turbo engine swap for a FC hard or expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by streetkid
        Oh yeah is a turbo engine swap for a FC hard or expensive?
        Both.

Comment

Two good replies. So take heed. Miatas are good but have a short wheel base so can spin if you get crazy. Great when you know what you are doing though. Ive had 3 mx5s, good cars. Oh also because of the short wheelbase, stepping the rear out isnt as awe-inspiring. You really have to be going sideways to look like you are drifting in such a short wheel-based car. Doesnt mean its not fun, just thats the reason there arent any in D1. If you are scared of the rotary or listen to what ppl tell you then dont get an rx7. For a while I was tired of all of the Sr swapping 240 ppl and being an Rx7 man, recommended that everyone get one. They are fantastic cars btw. But I dont want ppl to have rx7s if they cant appreciate them. So if you have entertained any ideas of swapping in a piston engine, pick another car. Aside from that, you can drift anything, and as drifting is a performance motorsport, you will perform better in something that suites you. So drive each and pick the one you like the best. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Misthael
            I own an FB so I am FB biased, but and FC would be better suited for drifting. All should be great cars. I like 240 bodies, but it's just too common for me. Rotaries aren't unreliable. You just have to maintain them. Mine has over 137k miles and the recomended rebuild is at 100k for mine. It all depends on how you drive it and how well you maintain it... right rotary guys???

right

Comment

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
              Both.

wrong

Comment

How is a turbo engine swap in a NA FC that expensive? cant you purchase turbo 13bs for pretty cheap? then it would be a mater of making sure the fuel system and everything can handle it.. cutting a hole in the hood for a nifty top mount intercooler.

Comment

You want to swap in a Turbo engine into an Fc for your first car?

You don't want to drift then. Cause a person that wanted to drift would take the car they have and slide it. They wouldn't buy it and take it apart. What good is that? You aren't learning anything with that.

Get you a car that you can use if you don't want to drift as well. You may not like it or you may wreck it. Only takes one slip.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                    You want to swap in a Turbo engine into an Fc for your first car?

You don't want to drift then. Cause a person that wanted to drift would take the car they have and slide it. They wouldn't buy it and take it apart. What good is that? You aren't learning anything with that.

Get you a car that you can use if you don't want to drift as well. You may not like it or you may wreck it. Only takes one slip.
                    I was just asking about the turbo engine B/C I was wanting to know about my options in the future if I kept it for a long period of time that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by TP | sil-beer
                      wrong
                      Well it's as easy as swapping an entire drivetrain and cost effective as buying a whole drivetrain as that is what the swap requires. Lets see cost of car=cost of drivetrain. Swapping drivetrain < buying a car with drivetrain. Im with ACD.

edit: stupid html tags
                      Last edited by hachiroku-fc3s; 03-12-2004, 04:41 PM.

Comment

before my 7 went it had over 150k on it and that was due to my omp cracking so it would've gone prob. over 200k. you just gotta do maintain them

Comment

FC's unreliable?
                          hahah funny stuff. where'd this come from?

Comment

Originally posted by theflatlander
                            greatest avatar ever!

they're all good. it doesn't matter what you pick, they all have great potential. just be weary of old fcs, people don't always take as good as care of them as they should

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectD
                              FC's unreliable?
                              hahah funny stuff. where'd this come from?
                              A dud in a chat room who said turbo roataries , can mess upoften
                              then later he said FD's are slow as hell

then I figured he was lying(and he drives a civic)

Comment

Working...
                              X