No announcement yet.

mtn road or parking lot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha werd up Matto!! As for the question ... neither. I prefer the track because its safe and controlled, and best of all .. legal! I would consider parking lots usefull to practice drifters doughnuts and figure eight's thats about it. Even with a course layout of cones I would consider it boring. Mountain passes are so much more fun, but not very safe since the roads are usually crappy and there is oncomming traffic. So the best for me is the track. The track we use was originally built for motorcycle racing. It consists of an S-turn, and Off-Camber turn, a sweeper, a portion of the 1/4 mile straight, and a portion of the return road for the 1/4 mile straight. Its really nothing compared to some of the 'real' roadracing tracks on the mainland US, but IMO a step up from parking lots (open spaces in general) and safer than mountain roads.

Comment

h
      Originally posted by panda_3ight_6
      North Dakota dont have mountains???? ARE YOU CRAZY!... Theres tons of moutains out that way, I'm sure if I can find some in wisconsin, you can find some in north dakota... I've found like three great runs around my area... two are pretty flat but with really nice windy corners and one is quite steep for my area.

On a realted note, I've converted my friend... He was all about the 1\4mile untill I made him go to one the runs near our city.. At first he was scared and didnt really want to push it that hard, He drives a 93 Integra LS, and I have given him all the warnings about driving that on the runs. He did great when he got the balls to push it... I cant wait untill we both can go tackle those runs togreather...
      have you ever been out here? the only thing remotely close to mountains are some hills out to the west, which is roughly a hr drive from where i live. i could go to montana for some mountains but i don't see a point in it.

Comment

How about us REAL drifters keep in on the track.

Comment

coughhypocritecough

Comment

There's not much room for mistakes while up at the mountains. I say, just stick to cone dancing in empty parking lots.

Comment

hey yous guys from hawaii...i will be moving there around august for college, what island you guys on?

Comment

Island of Oahu. If you're comming here for college, then you're prolly comming to UH on the island of Oahu. Check out driftsession.com to see the event dates. Lates!

Comment

yea i am going to U of H. you guys have a lot of places to drift over there?

Comment

no....there is no where to drift except at the track...

you could always go up Tantlus which is right next to UH... but then...if your busted up there you loose your car and go to jail...good fun.

just keep it at the track. ATLEAST 1 event a month, super cheap, no reason not to go.

Comment

so the track...does it cost much to go on it and is it readily available?

Comment

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
                        coughhypocritecough
                        Shaddup

Comment

Originally posted by d-unit racing
                          so the track...does it cost much to go on it and is it readily available?
                          $20 for DS1 (short course + turn 1)
                          $65 for DS2 (full course)

Drift Session is atleast once a month... and once Juo Ni gets back on its feet they have meets twice a month.

seriously, keep it at the track. the cops here are NO joke.

Comment

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
                            I'd actually have a good parking lot session right now. The touges around here are getting a little boring.

We've sort of been in the off-season too, so no one else to run with.
                            b**** run me, my teams down any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                              How about us REAL drifters keep in on the track.
                              The togue teaches you things you'll never learn in a"parking lot"

lol!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by emission
                                The togue teaches you things you'll never learn in a"parking lot"

lol!!!!!!!!!!
                                who considers a parking lot a real track??

Comment

Working...
                                X