98 averger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 averger

i would like to know can u drift a 98 dodge avenger.

It can be drifted. Of course any vehicle can be drifted. If you want to, go for it. If you're thinking about competative drifting in any sense, you'll want rwd.

Comment

Yeah...drifting... is sliding with style. Lol all cars in some way or another can and will drift. Some better or more than others. Your best set up is FR, front engine-rear drive. Dodge Avenger...I'm sorta a fan....The Dodge/Mitsu coolaboration, nice looking car. Has a FF i believe. I could be wrong? But there's one way to tell how well it will drift. Find a big ole' EMPTY parking lot. get a good grip on the e-brake and see what damage you can do (note* i don't literally mean damage anything)

Comment

Eh, FWD, Slow, it does come with a 5spd, so i guess it has a e-brake.

Since paint sucks, and I'm new to photoshop, it says 0-60 10 seconds. Fwd.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooney

0-60 10 seconds
          Ouch

Comment

dayum its a speeder lol

Comment

Rooney- all cars nowadays come with e-brakes. The "Park" function of an automatic transmission is just a little peg that sits on a tooth of a gear. It's not all that strong.

Zero- please, for the love of God, don't come onto the board and say "Can I drift my Avenger?" because it just makes everyone roll their eyes. I know that sounds harsh, but it's true. If you have to ask, then drifting is most likely not for you.

Comment

Yeah I know. But sometimes the parking break could be that little pedal off to the side. In the truck I'm getting, its a rod you pull out torwards you. By the e-brake I meant the handle you pull up.

Comment

0-60 in 10? holy crap that is pretty damned slow.

slower than N/A 2g eclipses, 0-60 in 9 secs. dang.

what an embarrassment for a sport compact.

Comment

It looks like an S15 from the rear though...

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
                      It looks like an S15 from the rear though...

-MR
                      looks can be quite deceiving

Comment

Hi this is Calvin Wan. I actually started drifting in a 96 Dodge Avenger when I had it new back in the days. It was a ES model with the 5 speed 420A eclipse motor. It actually has a long wheelbase so the car is really stable while it is in a drift. But it also means it rotates slow and returns slow as well which has its advantages and disadvantages. You have to rely on the ebrake to initate the drift and once it comes out just keep the thing floored to drag the back end around. It is not the ideal drifter but it is possible. I got my first feel of drifting from that car. There are a lot of FF drifters in Japan, but you need to run really skinny high grip tires in the rear and have decent power to drag the car along. My advice is to try drifting with what you got. Anything is drifitable to a certain degree. Some cars are just easier than others. Just keep practicing.

Calvin Wan
                        FD3S
                        Discount Tire/ Falken RPS13

Comment

alot of drifters in japan drift FF? wtf? no they dont.

Comment

Calvin knows his stuff... hell, he was in the first US appearance of D1. He's a drifting instructor, too.

Comment

Why do a lot of solo racing books say to apply power to overcome oversteer or a sliding rear end? Doesn't the power pull the car OUT of the drift rather than keep it going?

-MR

Comment

Working...
                              X