No announcement yet.

Do Shoes Help Your Technique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah see, that makes sense. is it lighter then fiberglass tho? I doubt its lighter then carbon fiber.

Comment

It depends on how strong the panels have been laid up. I'm sure that you COULD make it lighter than fiberglass with better strength and probably somewhere close to Carbon Fiber. I'm not really sure how Kevlar and CF are that different - I know that they both use a lot of the same technology but I think that they use different resins or slightly different fibers...

Thumb through Option or Battle Magazine, or better yet, Retro Cars (available now at Barnes and Noble!) and you'll see lots of Kevlar bumpers and such. They're big in Europe and the UK even as stock replacements and can weigh as little as 5 lbs for a full front bumper replacement.

:Perhaps we should split this thread into another thread? Mods, can you help?:

-MR

Comment

yeah, we went from shoes to body kits. btw, I just got some puma speed cats. sweet shoes. I got em for my birthday.

Comment

price?

the otehr consideration would be the price of moulded kevlar body parts. i'm sure its strong and light int he right circumstances but considering how expensive carbon fibre parts are i would think that would make kevlar prohibitively expensive for most

Comment

i mite not good at replyin others, but this is my thang. ok.. imo coverse superstars are the greatest. its only $29 and u can feel the car much better. lol
            peace

Comment

I dont know if anybody has said this but ask Alex Pfeiffer if racing shoes help. The man always wears sandals, and yes even in the car drifting, not at any Drift Day mind you, I mean D1 preliminaries. Oh dont tell the D1 judges and tech, they may not like that. Alex your a damn celebrity!

Comment

maybe its just me but ive seen a few videos where the drivers are wearing wrestling shoes? i mean you can go to sports authority and pick up a pair of those for like 10 bucks... I dont know if this came up earlier in the topic but i got tired of reading all the replies and figured id throw the idea out there.

Comment

Driving in a pair of Chuck taylors is a big difference between a pair of nike air force ones

Comment

Originally posted by DriftinCressida
                    Driving in a pair of Chuck taylors is a big difference between a pair of nike air force ones
                    I think only a little bit. depends on if its high tops or low. if its both high its the same to me. but with the lows the chucks feel better to me. but I only wear my puma speed cats now.

Comment

I tend to buy mostly skate shoes. Sometimes they have thick soles but I have apair of Lakai shoes that have thin soles that really let you feel the pedals. they are damn confortable and are incrdible for driving, without ebing as "un-streetable" and ghey looking as wrestling shoes.

Comment

haha... yeah that would look pretty ghey but they would definetely give the most feel though.

Most of the shoes i tend to buy(like vans) are super padded so you dont feel anything. Until theyre worn in...

Comment

Shoes? I dont know what you guys are talking about, if you want to go pro, you have to use a pair of slippers. Not just any slippers, but ether the 99c ones at the mom and pops stores, or a good pair of locals from longs ($2.99). My set has lasted me a few years and are still going. Very professional too I may add. Even used them for the automobile mag sideways chanlenge. They asked me if i was going to wear shoes and i said "do the rules say i have to?" Of coarse Moto had to change the DDay rules because of this trend.
                          BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

HAH Alex, you aren't serious are you? Hey kinda off topic, but I have some Battle Version RUCAs and need new tie rods are these on the BV production agenda?

Comment

hahahaha

Comment

I am totaly serious. Slippers from hawaii are the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. The only problem I've had is getting burns on your ankles cause the floor pan gets too hot. Anyway yeah, i just finished up more ruca's and have tension rods in stock, Hit me up at alex@battleversion.com
                                BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Working...
                                X