944Porsche Drift car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 944Porsche Drift car

hey, im a newer driver my dad has owned porsche's forever mainly 916's and such and now its my turn look lik e my first car is gonna be a ..

1983 944 porsche does anyone think this will make a good drift car im learning to drift from another 50/50 car (rx7) whetehr u say its gonna be good or not i will still drift it lol just wanted to hear some feed back

opinions,,... questions ?

Re: 944Porsche Drift car

Originally posted by thatoreoguy
    hey, im a newer driver my dad has owned porsche's forever mainly 916's and such and now its my turn look lik e my first car is gonna be a ..

1983 944 porsche does anyone think this will make a good drift car im learning to drift from another 50/50 car (rx7) whetehr u say its gonna be good or not i will still drift it lol just wanted to hear some feed back

opinions,,... questions ?

Hell yeah slide that porsche, they have the handbrake on the left side right? be alittle different to use that, but nothing big. Go for it. what kind of power do those make from the factory?

Comment

150bhp

Comment

A 944 is a great drift car. Good balence, 4cyl rwd, plus you get to say you drive a Porsche. Basically a german silvia Qs if you ask me. In european car magazine, they have an interisting build up of a 944 you may want to check out. Good luck.

Comment

Sounds great, I was actually looking at getting one of those, but the insurance would kill me (not that it doesnt now), as well as parts for one of those... ouch

Comment

The only thing about those Porsches is parts. My friend has a 928 and was advised that he'd have to pay 400$CAD to get a new clock that worked. But that was a 928 and from what I recall the 944 engine was made by audi? hmmm or was that the 924? Little rusty on my porsche trivia...

Anyhow the engine shouldn't be an issue anyhow those german's know how to build a good car and the 50/50 balance is really nice through the cones and on the road. Weight transfer would be very flowing as its also a very light car with its weight spread nice and even with the front engine/rear tranny lay out.

All in all I would say it should be a solid car. Rigid enough to glide smooth and a power to weight ratio that should be very managable... come to think of it I'm kinda surprised theres not more 944 drifters... maybe something to do with more Japanese cars in Japan than 20 year old german cars

Comment

Do you ever go on http://www.sromagazine.com ? This is my 944 drift car. Not only is a great drift car, but it's a very nice track car too. It's an 84. it only has 125hp, but it has a limited slip dif which helps a lot. It's hard to drive it slow. First thing to do is to change to Koni Yellow shocks. Get an upper strut bar and some good tires. That's pretty much all you need to get started.

Good luck and maybe i'll see you out there sometime.

Here are some mods etc.

http://www.sromagazine.com/boards/vb...p?do=view&id=1
              Last edited by ryans; 05-31-2004, 01:21 AM.

Comment

thatis a boootiful porsche why no hp?

oh and audi made teh 924 engine

porsche parts arnt to expensicve just a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* to find in better condition then ur broken one, well around here anyway. I

m still undecided as to what i wantas my first car, my daddy has a 916 so im a porsche child. but i was into vw's then my friend took me drifting and i was hooked

its still a toss up between porsche, hachi roku, silvia (rhd from japan)

what to do :S
                Last edited by thatoreoguy; 06-10-2004, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Right now we have one of these in our local paper for $500 with a blown headgasket. Perfect for a 944 drift project (if you're a mechanic hehe)

Comment

Is that 3rd car a WRX with GC Impreza headlights?
                    Just goes to show that CRX can hang with the best of them! :lol:

IMO the 916 is the coolest car ever made... ....by Porsche

Isn't there a 944 Turbo? If it comes with a LSD I would say it'd totally be down to the S13 (since you cannucks all got LSD's) and the 944. If your dad knows them, would he be able to help you work on it?

-MR
                    Last edited by mranlet; 06-10-2004, 11:30 AM.

Comment

no my dad pays his mechanic ...id have to learn all by myself hehe whats that about canucks and lsd's?

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet

Is that 3rd car a WRX with GC Impreza headlights?
                        Just goes to show that CRX can hang with the best of them! :lol:

IMO the 916 is the coolest car ever made... ....by Porsche

Isn't there a 944 Turbo? If it comes with a LSD I would say it'd totally be down to the S13 (since you cannucks all got LSD's) and the 944. If your dad knows them, would he be able to help you work on it?

-MR
                        Actually thats a FWD lancer turboed w/ a new lancers front end i think.

Comment

NissanGuy posted in the 240sx buyers guide that all of the S13's received LSD's from the factory in Canada - if that's true, the S13 looks like an attractive option.

What a disappointment about the lancer... GC's are hot!

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
                            NissanGuy posted in the 240sx buyers guide that all of the S13's received LSD's from the factory in Canada - if that's true, the S13 looks like an attractive option.

What a disappointment about the lancer... GC's are hot!

-MR

Actualy not all, however it was very common.. Problem is a 12 year old VLSD might as well be a open diff.

Comment

and how bout a 91 or 98, would u guys have any links for for some nice performance parts suspension and other things to mistake it for a le mans car, kinda like those guys who have wangan gt3's i would wanna check out the parts for a porsche

Comment

Working...
                              X