Left Foot Braking For FF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left Foot Braking For FF

This is my 1st post here and if its irrelevant here please delete the post.

Well I'm from Singapore and I own a 99 Civic SiR /VTi-R or known as an EK4 and am an avid fan of drifting. (even tho I own an FF) And no, I dun *Censored**Censored**Censored* drag my car...

I'd like to know if u guys have any good vids on FF drivetrain drivers using left foot braking with a camera that is shooting at his feet as well.

And good job for all the vids. I love em... I hope to own an MR-S soon. Any comments about that car guys?

the mr-s is a great car but not as *Censored**Censored**Censored* happy as its older brothers. good for high speed drifting or great for touge runs just a lil underpowered but thats nothing a turbo cant fix. haha looks great w/ the hard top 2

Comment

Actually I'm making a choice between the MR-S and an EVO 6... Either my Girl or my sister will kill me if I actually buy an MR-S. Well I'd rather do an engine swap with a celicca GT4 than to install a turbo tho =P

Comment

MR-S is actually a great grip platform rather then drift. it is underpowered but rather then turbo a more effective increase of power is swapping the celica GTS engine not the GT4. The 3SGTE is not a direct swap unlike the 6 speed GTS which nearly bolts right in. And further enhances the balance of the car. Basically making it a cheaper Lotus Elise.
        Last edited by sidebyslide; 10-11-2004, 01:03 AM.

Comment

...and none of you even know what left foot braking is.

I'd love to help you out, but I don't have any videos. I am working on the same thing myself.

If I recorded something would that help? I don't have the technology to simultaniously show the car and my feet, but I can show one than the other probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
            ...and none of you even know what left foot braking is.

I'd love to help you out, but I don't have any videos. I am working on the same thing myself.

If I recorded something would that help? I don't have the technology to simultaniously show the car and my feet, but I can show one than the other probably.
            that would be PuRrrrfect!

Comment

Originally posted by sidebyslide
              MR-S is actually a great grip platform rather then drift. it is underpowered but rather then turbo a more effective increase of power is swapping the celica GTS engine not the GT4. The 3SGTE is not a direct swap unlike the 6 speed GTS which nearly bolts right in. And further enhances the balance of the car. Basically making it a cheaper Lotus Elise.
              Yeah, fell in love with the car after drivin it. Very nimble car with decent power. And thanks for the info on the engine as I'm not exactly sure as well.

I won't be buyin it till early next year tho. Still deciding. My girl would be buying a honda again so I'll have some fun in it for a couple of months before anythin =)

And Thanks guys for the warm welcome even tho I am a Civic driver.

Comment

Watch inital D. There is one when he fought against the red ek6 (civic). They will tell you about the left foot braking.

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo_r34
                  Watch inital D. There is one when he fought against the red ek6 (civic). They will tell you about the left foot braking.
                  Are you serious?

Wow. Leave now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo_r34
                    ek6....haha i hope that was a typo

Comment

Animations are animations =) I wana see the Real thing... I tried it out at an open car park and it felt totally wierd and I have no idea how that would help me in the circuit. From what i read, its supposed to shift the load to the front wheels and make the rear wheels lose traction making it behave like an FR car. I'd love to see some vids tho.

Comment

ek6 lol i think u mean eg and anyhow i doubt initial d is a reliable source for teaching yourself how to drift properly,its a cartoon and meant for entertainment not accuracy,anyhow the best i could think of is to experiment with some left foot braking in a parkinglot or someplace where noone is around,and just use the same principles that a fr drift would have i would think jab hard on the brake use some ebrake and cut the wheel to control,in my focus that usually does the trick for me when i feel courageous but i can tell the car really doesnt like it so i dont do it much myself.good luck tho.

Comment

Er... actually the technique is to "massage" the brakes with ya left foot... It takes alot of getting used to coz ya left foot is used to the force applied on the clutch. =) And erm its not a "drift" technique. Its supposed to break the rear a little to negotiate sharper turns... I think...

Comment

Try it again, but do it at the limits of traction. Like really throw the car around the corner, hard enough so you are getting understeer or whatever, and then gently work the brakes a little.

You can use it to shift a little bit of weight to the front wheels to help traction, or to lock the rears completely and anything in between.

Left foot braking is not easy to perform or easy to use really. I've been working on it on and off for a while now.

Comment

Ahhh... good suggestion. Will do that ASAP =)

Cheerios

Comment

Working...
                              X