(REMINDER) D1 GRAND PRIX USA May 2, 2009 Anaheim, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (REMINDER) D1 GRAND PRIX USA May 2, 2009 Anaheim, CA

just clearing some things up. i overheard some people talking about this at formula d.

only VIP tickets for d1gp anaheim are sold out. there are still bleacher seating now for just $30 ($35 day of show) and new $25 General Admission tickets.

D1GP USA ANNOUNCES SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR OPENING RACE OF THE 2009 D1GP USA SEASON

WHAT: D1 Grand Prix, the World’s premiere drift racing series, has announced their schedule of events for this weekend’s opening race of the 2009 D1GP USA season. The race will be held from May 1-2 at Angel Stadium in Anaheim and will feature drivers from around the world.

This weekend’s race will also feature live musical performances and a special show by Extreme Autofest which will feature more than 250 exotic show vehicles. For tickets or more information please visit www.D1GP.com.

WHEN: Practice & Qualifying

Friday, May 1

9:00 am – 10:15 am: Group A practice (20 cars)

10:15 am – 11:30 am: Group B practice (20 Cars)

12:30 pm – 1:10 pm: Group A 10 qualifying

2:00 pm – 2:40 pm: Group B 10 qualifying

2:45 pm – 3:05 pm: Group C qualifying

3:10 pm – 3:40 pm: Group D qualifying

4:00 pm: Winners announced

Main Event and Car Show

Saturday, May 2

8:00 am – 9:00 am: Morning practice

10:00 am: Gates open to the public

10:25 am: Driver introductions

10:30 am – 11:10 am: Group A qualifying

11:15 am – 11:55 am: Group B qualifying

12:00 pm – 12:40 pm: Group C qualifying

12:40 pm – 1:45 pm: Live musical performance (Speaker Junkies, LBC)

2:00 pm – 2:20 pm: Super 16 challenge

2:20 pm – 2:30 pm: Stunt bike show

2:30 pm – 2:45 pm: Opening ceremonies

2:45 pm – 3:00 pm: Gumball 3000 car parade

3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Super 16 tandem

4:45 pm – 5:10 pm: Super 8 tandem

5:15 pm – 5:30 pm: Semi-finals

5:30 pm – 5:45 pm: Finals

5:45 pm: Awards

6:15 pm: Press Conference

WHERE: Angel Stadium of Anaheim

2000 Gene Autry Way
    Anaheim, CA 92806

Any thing new from d1gp

Hey whats going on have u heard or read anything new from d1gp usa they where supposed to be doing updates like every week or so that's what I've seen on their website it's already been two weeks and nothing new. Any news would be appreciated thanks.

Comment

Details Coming Soon

Out of respect for Formula D, the drivers and their sponsors we have decided to not post during the weeks leading up to their event as well as the week after. We will be releasing new details beginning next Monday.

Comment

D1,

Will there be assigned seating for this event or will there be bleacher seating and just GA tickets?

Will the passes you will be giving to sites like drifting.com be GA admission or bleachers....

What does the price of parking look like?

Any other JP drivers coming other then the ones you mentioned?

send me a message if must

Comment

We have different ticket levels. The VIP is already sold out and has been for awhile. There is bleacher seating on sale now for $30 in advance and $35 the day of the event. Seating is first come first served and not assigned. You move it you lose it during intermissions but then again you could upgrade from intermission to intermission and take in diferent angles. General Admission is $25 and this is designed mainly for those who want to take part in the car show and midway section of the event and like to roam to various standing locations. So the ticketing is loose and let's people get in and be a part of everything at different prices that they can afford.

I am not sure on the tickets put up by Drifting.com, but here's what I'm going to do for Drifting.com fans. I will make em' VIP, so Alex just needs to give me a list and I will make that happen.

J drivers are locked and loaded and the same names we have promoted. The cars just arrived at our shipping companies warehouse and we pick them up next week. I have heard that many others are making deals with companies locally to use their cars, but truthfully seeing Daigo Saito drift live is worth the price of admission alone. I saw him at Ebisu and man this guy is good and when he is on there is nobody that can touch him and the J drivers machines are unbelievable all the way down the line. The driver to watch is Janne Leinonnen from Finland. This guy is tough to beat in tandems, but it will be good to see all the international and domestic talent at this event in an all new setting and with an all new vibe.

Parking is done by the stadium and I have not heard what that is but I think around $10 which is pretty standard. Can't talk about much more right now. Details about everything coming down the pipes next week. Right now I think it's important to focus on the accomplishments of the drivers who competed in FD this past weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by D1GP USA View Post
            Out of respect for Formula D, the drivers and their sponsors we have decided to not post during the weeks leading up to their event as well as the week after. We will be releasing new details beginning next Monday.

I am not sure on the tickets put up by Drifting.com, but here's what I'm going to do for Drifting.com fans. I will make em' VIP, so Alex just needs to give me a list and I will make that happen.
            Originally posted by D1GP USA View Post
            Right now I think it's important to focus on the accomplishments of the drivers who competed in FD this past weekend.
            I give you major props for showing so much respect for FD. It seems like a set-up though. I get the feeling on Monday D1 will be dropping some major news that will rock the world of drifting.

That's awesome you're making the free tickets VIP, instead of general admission. The vibe about the upcoming event is really good right now.

I'll be there for sure, hopefully, sitting in the VIP. lol

Comment

I'm looking forward to this upcoming D1 event.
              Due to current economic condition (maybe some of you feel the same way), I passed FD Long Beach so I can attend D1 this May. Though I was looking forward to the new top 32 format, seeing drivers like Pat, Joon, Kyle in tandem battles but in the end it's pretty much the same drivers winning. How much more sideways can these drivers get at the same course year after year.

This upcoming D1 should bring new excitement, J drivers we haven't seen in a while and looking forward to see the Europeans show their skills as well.
              Should be one exciting event.

D1, is there gonna be a demo run like what Team Orange did at D1 All Stars in '06 where Kumakubo and Tanaka did the opposite drift?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HS9IJSnQRuU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HS9IJSnQRuU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
              Last edited by SSmith; 04-15-2009, 05:27 PM.

Comment

lot's of new stuff going on and you can bet that team orange will be out there doing their demo's. can't reveal too much yet, just hold tight.

Comment

All my respects to d1 you are really team players about not posting any news during formula d event and thanks for responding.

Comment

much respect and props for d1 for the updates!!

Comment

I've been wondering like crazy on what will be announced in the coming weeks. With all the hype and advertisement that D1 has been doing lately, this event in Anaheim will be huge. In addition to the drifting, there will be so much more going on for the entertainment of the fans. Talk about bang for the buck in these tough economic times.

Something big must be brewing in D1's pot. With so much respect towards FD lately, I am beginning to think that some upcoming announcements will have some effect on FD.

Personally, I am thinking that some FD drivers will drive in this event. I don't know anything with regards to contractual obligations that drivers have to FD or D1, but it would make sense for those heavily sponsored drivers to drive in as many events as possible, especially in these times.

I hope someone can chime in and clarify the rules.

Comment

I get the Feeling also that D1 will announced something very big on Monday for the Anaheim event and for drifting in general because every time they done a press release they make big news. I hope it will be something huge. I know they are working really hard to put a good event in Anaheim and a Drift series because i been in contact with them and there always busy working. Good Luck D1

Comment

Emergency Hookers will be onsite... =)

Comment

(2 WEEKS) D1 GRAND PRIX Anaheim, CA May 2, 2009

(2 WEEKS) D1GP USA Anaheim - May 2, 2009

Reminder; This event will take place in about 2 weeks

Comment

......word

Comment

Working...
                              X