Thunderhill Fulltrack Drift/Grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conepirate View Post
    guys. not in my event thread. please? thank you.

I love you all equally. as long as you pay the entry fee :P
    Hope your event goes well !!!

Comment

thank you sirs, I hope so too!

you guys should come out!

Comment

not sure what the work schedule is like yet... but if i miss this one, i will definitely catch the next one !

Comment

excellent. Yeah, we're having a sunday event later in the year... and then december RIGHT near christmas we'll be having our standard 2-day weekend event.

Comment

Originally posted by conepirate View Post
            BTW J-bizzle (I'm assuming this is james... right?) Calvin is usually at my fulltrack events (he's a good friend, and lives close to the track), and Alex mentioned on ZT that he'd be here (he was at the last one too), and I'm hoping to have Matt Powers back again, but I'm not sure if his finances/schedule is going to allow... regardless, there'll definitely be some SIIICK driving going on.

+ if Tommy comes, we'll have 3 SR'D COROLLAS! OMG! Tomasz, Rich, and Tommy!
            Yeah it's James, will talk to Tommy tommorow about getting him to event. Really appreciate you taking the time to build up such a great drifting event, it sounds really chill and the chance to get out and drift full track at Thunderhill is the most exciting event I have heard of in a long time!

Oh yeah and get that helicopter if you can, promise you it will be worth it!

Comment

conepirate, this looks like an awesome event. Keep up the good work. Norcal definitely is in need of more events/groups like yours.

Comment

Attention Drifters! There has been a major change! The event is no longer on Monday August 10th, it will be held on TUESDAY AUGUST 11TH!

It's my fault. I had a communication error with thunderhill, and the monday-date went to a group of motorcyclists. My sincerest apologies to those of you who already requested monday off of work for this event.

To those of you who did, and to those of you who are coming down from FD Evergreen, I reccommend you take your time and have a relaxed drive to the track on monday. We'll have camping at the track monday night, and we'll be having a party of sorts in the main bulding of thunderhill complete with a projector, so we can play option videos, FNF, or even videogames. I'm going to arrange a dinner that evening as well, so please come and enjoy the shindig.

I repeat, the event has been moved to TUSEDAY AUGUST 11th.

Comment

Wanted to give the drifters an idea of what drifting T-Hill is like.

Here is a amazing video from a Thunder Drift event, video was shot and edited by a awesome Nor-Cal local, Conepirate knows.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jcpGWEQcBG4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jcpGWEQcBG4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Also we have this video thanks to C.Wan

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tpg0qoePbXY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tpg0qoePbXY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Comment

Yup, those are awesome vids! Can't forget xander's awesome tandem-train footy though...

<object width="850" height="688"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J34zijxUdAk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J34zijxUdAk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="850" height="688"></embed></object>

Comment

Great footage, thunderdrift 4-life! We will get our hawaiian shirts ready, LOL!

Comment

Bump! Drift drift

Comment

Can"t see the smile on Calvin's face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Attention all participants. Registration is now closed, but the event is not full. If you still want to drive, the non pre-regged price is $220 cash at the track.

THIS IS AUGUST AT THUNDERHILL! it WILL be very hot. Remember to wear sunscreen and drink plenty of water! t-hill has 2 big permanent canopies, so everyone can get shelter under there... NO TRAILERS ALLOWED UNDERNEATH THE CANOPY! There is a limited amount of space, and we want it filled with people, not trailers. The only trailer that will be parked under the canopies is Luke's, and that's because it'll be the official party-spot monday night.

THE DRIVERS MEETING WILL BE AT 8:45AM SHARP
                            We want to have a hot course at 9:00AM, so NO LATE-COMERS will be tolerated. I'm absolutely serious about this, if you miss the drivers meeting, you don't drive.

Making the drivers meeting should be very easy, because we're inviting you all to enjoy an evening at the track including watching F&F on a big-screen, hawaiian-style hospitality, and camping afterwards. Everyone is welcome to show up whenever they want on Monday, but will only be allowed inside the park once the current day's event is over at 5:00PM.

THE SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY IS AS FOLLOWS
                            (we'll have paper-versions of this available for you at the track)

08:45 - Drivers Meeting
                            09:00 - Grip
                            09:25 - Beginner Drift
                            09:50 - Expert Drift
                            10:15 - Grip
                            10:40 - Beginner Drift
                            11:05 - Expert Drift
                            11:30 - Grip

11:55 - LUNCH

12:55 - Grip
                            01:20 - Beginner Drift
                            01:45 - Expert Drift
                            02:10 - Grip
                            02:35 - Beginner Drift
                            03:00 - Expert Drift
                            03:25 - Grip
                            03:50 - Beginner Drift
                            04:15 - Expert Drift
                            04:40 - END

We're left with 20-min at the end of the day, maybe we'll do something fun with that time. I've got a few ideas...

PASSENGERS will be $15, and must be at least 18yrs old.

SPECTATORS (EVERYONE not driving) will be $5 at the gate.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call me. I'll be online very sporadically between now and the event, so if it's important, be sure to call. I'm in Portland right now on my way home from FD Seattle!

-Geoff

Comment

Working...
                            X