No announcement yet.

attn OHIO people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out http://www.projectaspec.com its covers ohio and MI and med west the most and is a drift related site.. with info on events.. we have had 5 in MI so far.. woot

Comment

• Im in.

I have been sitting at home dreaming of when I will be able to go to Cali. Where I live imports (civics) reside. There are not drifters in Mayfield Hts. Anyway I have a 1995 240Sx with a exhaust and an intake, body kit, rims, brembo brakes. Email me back to let me know what’s goin on.

Comment

• what's up and welcome to the site. Right now theres not too much going on. I'm constantly breaking things on my corolla so it's out of comission right now(I hope to have it up and running by summer) Soultron's been workin on his Chevette and also working on setting up some events. Not to sure about HX50 and the others, last I checked Lee was selling his FC i think?

Anywho, we usually have a g2g @ quaker steak....well...I shouldn't say we cuz I'm never there. But we'll probably start that up again once it starts getting warmer outside.

Comment

• Dang, you'd think I wasn't on much the way I missed that post.
          Yeah, our meets have been kinda slack with the cold and all, but we may be going to the Auto show on friday, so If you'd like to meet us there, c'mon up.

also - have a look down where my sig is.
          It's group I started so people could, well.. meet up.
          I try to update as often as I can.

Comment

• been out of the loop. Anyone know a place near Cincinnati that I can practice at? I mean there is a church near me and about 4 in the morning, but I would rather not dodge light poles.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2501
              been out of the loop. Anyone know a place near Cincinnati that I can practice at? I mean there is a church near me and about 4 in the morning, but I would rather not dodge light poles.
              Are you anywhere near Xenia?
              check out US drift -
              http://www.usdrift.com/html/events.html

Comment

• xenia isn't that far away from me.. well it is and not. I'm in Milford, near Marimont and close to Montgomery. I will check this out. Is there any other practice areas you guys know of?

Comment

• .... it's warm out.

hehehe.

Comment

• It would seem that Ohio has finally died.
                    Is every one out in the streets except me?
                    Are any ohio folks interested in a legal drift practice anymore?

Comment

• There is a US Drift/NASA drift event at Kil-Kare in Dayton (xenia I think). It is on May 8th. Information can be found on www.outbrakemotorsports.com and on club 4ag under the "drifting, Autocrossing, and roadracing" catagory http://forums.club4ag.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=8

The last event was great, and this one should prove to be even better. It is free to watch, reasonably prices to participate (I think $60 to sign up to drift--compared to like $125 on the west coast for similar events) and only costs $5 to ride with someone (and you can ride numerous times on that $5---better than Kings Island...)

Come out and support drifting in the midwest. There is a great chance to meet people and this is a monthly event during spring/summer/fall and hopefully will evolve into a swap meet/barbeque/drift event that brings those of us who have a passion for cars together to learn and enjoy what our cars and driving skills are capable of.

Comment

• I do know about that and I'm glad it's going well. For the most part I'll be possibly coming down as a spectator, unless something crazy happens where I'm dropped in a money pit and I can grab all I want for 60 seconds.

I guess I should have been more distinct. Not so much is Ohio on a whole devoid of drift events, as much as the North east Ohio region. It's very tough on a car to drive so far and then wail on it for hours and then drive it back.
                        We could get something started here, but the interest level has not been proven to be high enough.

Comment

• Well, if anyone in the area is interested, you could join the myspace group, Morning Dori .
                          If we can get a decent membership showing, maybe we can get something going around here.

Comment

• Myspace group style bump.

Comment

• www.ohiodrifting.com

bump indeed.

Comment

• awesome.
                                hope to get my fc running so i can come down there and hang out with you guys. this kid nick i dont know if you know him said you got some nice touge there.

Comment

Working...
                                X