Cannonball Run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
    Yea he is something else. Never met him but i've been part of the Kimpire for a couple years.

The gumball is kickass. I actually hung out with Brock Yates of Cannonball fame when they came through Atlanta couple years back, got a photo with him. The only one I keep framed in my house. Good stuff.
    ok...srry to be off topic here....ive known about the ultimate rally and this kimpire for quite some time....but im still not sure what that company really does.....

Comment

Kim started out in hacking, then from what I understand either got busted or just gave i up and started an internet security company. Now he pretty much just invests in other companies and reaps the rewards. Then does nothing but jetset around the world and parties. You can see all of it on his website www.kimble.org.

As for the old school Cannonball type events, they can never be duplicated. The level of technology the police have now is stacked against that sort of behavior and the penalties are much harsher. The Cannonball days were those magical days when the radio was first installed in police cars and it wasn't used as wide spread as it is now. Much harder to get away and they will lock you up for anything now. Take into account the Japanese team in the Skyline a few years back. Word has it that they were pulled over coming to Road Atlanta and promptly whisked away to the slammer. Could be true, could just be another Cannonball tall tale but either way, they didn't show up and thats the story Brock gave me.

Comment

well ... bottom line is that money talks now days.

if you look at most of the gumballers ... they're hella' rich. they don't really care about money and such. so they all pay their way out. post their own bails, buy their cars out of impound and keep on truckin'. last gumball through america one guy was arrested and taken to jail what like 4 or 5 times! he just paid a huge bail and was on his way. see the thing of it is, that when there is a publicised event like that. the local governments see it as a way to make money and other than making your wallet lighter, it's really no big deal.

now, to run a straight up, underground, old school style of cannonball. then yeah, those are the ones that are almost impossible to pull off these days and getting caught will deff. land you some serious jail time.

Comment

all i know is, if a real cannonball happens, and i do it, ill make sure nobody knows till it is too late.

Comment

Originally posted by hatebbobbarker
            all i know is, if a real cannonball happens, and i do it, ill make sure nobody knows till it is too late.

exactly!

and btw ... Bob Barker Rules! i love that guy!

Comment

There's something reassuring about a cage and a sanctioning body, in my book. Maybe it's because I regularly strap into cars weighing under 1400lbs with over 800hp, but never in a million years would you catch me trying that kind of crap.

Now, entering a Crown Engineering small-block conversion 1969 Corvair Monza coupe in the Silver State Classic, that I'd do in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by hatebbobbarker
                id be down for san diego to seatle
                wow me and a few of my buddies were thinkin about doin the same thing but only with like 4 cars. the trip itself is like 18 hours depending on stops etc and its 1282 miles from around safeco field in seattle to san diego convention center, if someone call pull off the planning for it id be in. and yes im prety much a noob on this forum so please dont hate me

Comment

Pics from Dallas Cannonball last weekend, had about 50 cars show up
                  will be doing another one soon, also one in houston before the texas cannonball in may
                  pic of the starting point

MMM BEEEERRRRR!!!!!

Die hard DI fans, just finished the run and already posting about it

thats crash in front, blew my motor in my porsche for me tonight

some radom girl I asked to pose with these guys, think she was there with her girlfriend

this girl stripped down to her uniform in the parking lot to take pics

there she is with my porsche

here she is again

this is dazy on the left,

more group pics

more beer

more people

Comment

Working...
                  X