Formula D Irwindale Speedway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drift

I just moved to santa monica..Is this By me Ill find out wouldlike to go with a group of people...

Comment

Originally posted by Drift IT
      i wonder why is bucky lasek and ryan dunn gonna be there,well bucky i know him and his go karts but why ryan dunn?
      Because they're both really into cars.
      Bucky has a sick E46 M3 that will be in MB Quarts booth and Bucky is a fan of the drift.

Ryan Dunn on teh other hand is a maniac, he has a 600hp 318ti POS but it's fast as crap, he also races SCCA and is really into cars.

Both are really into cars and are just like us, that's why they're coming, tehy will be signing autographs as well.

Ryan Dunn will be signing limitd edition GUMBALL 3000 THE MOVIE posters!

Bucky will be signing Billabong cards!

See you in Irwindale!

SEND IT!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: drift

Originally posted by NA98
        I just moved to santa monica..Is this By me Ill find out wouldlike to go with a group of people...
        ???

Comment

lol oh just saw the previous post... nah santa monica is closer to irwindale. Fontana is on the other side of irwindale....

Comment

Formula D Irwindale Aug 29th, News Update
            By Slipstream Global

Tony Angelowill be driving his new Endless USA twin turbo 350z which we hear showcased his talents very well at Drivers Search though apparently he was robbed of qualifying.

Alex Pfeiffer will be rocking his RSR S2000. Apparently the car is revamped and rockin.

Ken Gushi will be sporting his new Green S-13. Gushi currently sits in 4th place in points.

The pit for FD is rumored to have some new and exciting things. Rumor has it over 10 semi rigs will be on site as well as close to 50 teams.

Teams that garnered points from Sonoma, Houston and Atlanta are heading down making this a very exciting finale.

There will an RC drift expo on site and some newly formed RC drift teams will be showcasing their skills during competition breaks

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
              That umbrella girl is missing an umbrella...And thanks for the address, I couldn't find it on their website...
              what umbrella girl?

Comment

Originally posted by INFO
                Formula D Irwindale Aug 29th, News Update
                By Slipstream Global

Tony Angelowill be driving his new Endless USA twin turbo 350z which we hear showcased his talents very well at Drivers Search though apparently he was robbed of qualifying.

What the hell is the meaning of this? i watched Angelo with my own eyes not 50 feet from the hair pin, he wasnt robbed of *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, he just didnt do good enough, end of story. If he thinks those runs of his were good enough to be in the d1 then hes off his rocker. Who wrote this?

Comment

Drift 411 (EDITED BY WEAPON X) DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THAT. Is someone pulling strings? There's no way Forsberg beat Hubinette at the FD finals, Forsberg went off the track. What the hell is going on with drifting? None of the judges based anything off of entry speed, angle, or following the other persons line in the tandem. It was all about who generated a bigger crowd reaction. 90% of the tards in the crowd were just kids that have seen drivers in magazines and root for them because of that. You guys need to get your $hit straight. I'll write more on it when I get over my migraine headache. Formula D was garbage, I'm glad I got my ticket for free.

Edit: Props to Stephan Papadakis, Alex Pfeiffer, Tyler McQuarry, Sam Hubinette, Rhys Millen, Tanner Foust, Ken Gushi, The Hellcamino driver (sorry forgot your name, I was with Kevin the artist formerly known as Jasper's manager) and all those who I talked to that I'm too tired to mention here. You're all really cool guys.
                  Last edited by Weapon X; 08-30-2004, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I agree, samuel was on his rear the entire time. Some of the drivers didn't even drift during competition and it was still up in the air who won. The will call line was bs. There were to many long gaps between rounds. D1 was a lot better organized. Props to millen for taking the win. Him, hubinette, and pfeiffer put a really good show on. It was sweet how you can go in the pits without paying more. The music was a plus to.

Comment

i give the music a -190

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon X
                        Drift 411 wrote that garbage.

Drift 411 did not write that. It says "Formula D Irwindale Aug 29th, News Update
                        By Slipstream Global", you know, the guys who promote Formula D...

Comment

Pardon me, someone linked me to drift 411 when it had that on there. Fixed it
                          Last edited by Weapon X; 08-30-2004, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I was there and had a bird's eye view of things from the top row. Hubinette should've beat Fossberg; HE WHOOPED HIM COMPLETELY IN THE FIRST SET OF MATCHES!

Sadly, the idiots in the crowd wanted them to go at it one more time, and Hubinette had the luck of messing up in the second match of that set.

I have videos if you guys want 'em.

Comment

No offense, but I disagree. I was there as well, with a press pass on the track, and it was close but Chris beat Sam. I don’t think you guys are taking into account that these events are usually judged with a certain degree of handicap. You can’t expect a 350z to be able to make the same entry speed as a viper.

P.S. Rhys should have been disqualified when he hit Chris's car. I also heard Sam hit his car too, but I didn't see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X