No announcement yet.

ATLANTA Meet (Sept 17th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you gonna be in your mx5 or the new s13?

Comment

I wont be able to make it to the meet until like 10-10:30. you guys all still gonna be there?

Comment

Should be, we are out of the room at 10:00. I'm sure there will be many folks milling all about.

Comment

Aww crap, dangitttt. Just started a job and training is from 4-12 am. Hopefully it won't be that long and let me out early since the job is in Marietta. Ghost, how's the buildup of your car going so far? I remember when I my uncle had a similar setup and roasting camero's in the mid 90's, wonder what your going to be able to accomplish .

Comment

Jaydm180sx and I met up with a bunch of SR 240sx's last night and they all said they would be there.

Comment

Cool.

My car is running. The carbs are kooky, may be switching to a dual Weber set up, will find out tomorrow.

This meeting is getting huge. I am going to start an email list at the meet so that if anything ever goes down, people can be notified without having to post on public boards.

Comment

Originally posted by RubHamusan
                you gonna be in your mx5 or the new s13?
                i'll be in the MX-5 and possably the S14 240....im not sure abi\out the 240.... its gonna be there for sure. I think that post was aimed at me.... i hope.

Comment

yeah it was....i was told it was a s13.....even better, a s14 is a whole other animal.

Comment

??? are you saying stock for stock? in USDM form the S14 is more prepped becuase with SE/LE models it has sway bars to which it understeered slightly less then the S13. Some S13's came with dohc heads, so engine is basically the same as the S14's. Now, if it was JDM spec, power would be slightly higher in the S14 and as of the minor suspension setup stock.

But if both were fixed up properly, it would all come down to driver skill/technique and level of tuning of the cars.

Comment

Ghost, you stated that you had to pay for the room rental. What will we need to pitch in?

I'm planning to bring some folks that aren't members of Drifting.com. They fit the profile but their computer literacy doesn't extend past programing ECUs and reading "check engine" codes. Is this cool with everyone?

Comment

I don't think there's a requirement for someone to attend the meeting. Basically if your interested on creating/joining/ helping etc with more events and legal venues in Atl besides the usual crap already, then the door would be open to you all.

I know this will be discuss at the meeting, but I did want to help ghost out with donations from everybody, no matter what the amount to help pay for the room. Or if there is a meeting to be had in the future 2TND racing and everybody who rolls with us wouldn't mind to chipping in for a bigger room just in case this one won't fit everybody . Becuase!?!? I want to be practicing ghymkhana SOONNNN and weekly/monthly with out being harrassed by some pigs in blue!!! And I know I'm not the only one!
                        Last edited by Phoen_x; 09-14-2004, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoen_x
                          ??? are you saying stock for stock? in USDM form the S14 is more prepped becuase with SE/LE models it has sway bars to which it understeered slightly less then the S13. Some S13's came with dohc heads, so engine is basically the same as the S14's. Now, if it was JDM spec, power would be slightly higher in the S14 and as of the minor suspension setup stock.

But if both were fixed up properly, it would all come down to driver skill/technique and level of tuning of the cars.

well i dont want to turn this into a 240sx debate, but.

s14 is slightly heavier in the front.
                          it is also just a hair wider.

i have had 6 different s13's
                          i just aquired a 98 a few months ago.
                          everything about it feels different.
                          i never want to own a s13 again,except if it had a rb series drivetrane and widebodied.

infact i am not a big fan of sr's. they have pros and cons to them
                          but in a s14 a ka or sr keeps the weight basicly stock.
                          i love rb's but i dont like the way a s14 feels with a rb in it.

granted a coilover set up with adjustable toe, caster ,camber and height.

basicly a stock s13 drives like booty compared to a stock s14.

anyways....does this make sense to anyone else.

remember it's just an opinion.
                          Last edited by RubHamusan; 09-14-2004, 06:33 PM.

Comment

naw I didn't want it to turn to one either.

lol, I don't know maybe its the S13 seats lol. Maybe I just don't notice that much of a difference when just driving on the street my s14 and my friends' S13s. But hard cornering yes, bit more understeer. Er and if you change out the ......tie rods in the front if I remember correctly, steering feels ALOT better in the S13's chassis. Have you tried with any of your S13's getting tie rods with S14 end links (or was it bushings)....? It also could be the condition of S13's to S14s, comparing my car to the S13's I know, man.........their bushings are worse then mine since S13's have mostly been put through hell with previous owners in the US since its release.

NOOOOO YOU CAN"T GET A RB26!!! Maybe a RB25, but I'm not going to be the 5th or 6th person with a RB26 into a 240sx in ATL. no no no no nono noooooo well, not in your s14 I mean.
                            Last edited by Phoen_x; 09-14-2004, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Too late man, there are more than that floating around being built. I know of 2 in the state being built right now, one is being really dudded up.

As for pitching in, totally up to you guys. We rented this room so that everyone could meet at one area, the meet has grown so much though that I fear the room may be too small and the idea discussion I had planned may be hard to do. But, we are going to do this, I want to get an email list together so that people can stay in touch, I want ideas, I want to share ideas, I want everyone to come together and make some sort of organised club maybe? I don't know, something to that nature. That way, possibly a treasurer can be appointed and moneys can be collected for say track rental or lot rental. That way, Gymkhana events, Drifting events, something along the lines of a monthly Atlanta event can be set up whether it be Gymkhana or Drifting.

These are the things that we need to go over. As for the people that are not part of Drifting.com, who cares, bring em on down. That is what the meet is for, to put people together to get things rolling along. I'm all for it.

Comment

Ghost, don't know if you watched the weather or have already drove down to atil yet. Weather is getting phucked up, flash flooding warnings everywhere. But hopefully it won't affect that part of town to bad. Its mostly on the East and North east. To everyone coming in from out of town, take it easy and drive with care. Hopefully this bad weather will pass soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X