Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Coil 2 da Over
    aye chris, i loved ur 350z so much i made a replica

Holy *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* man thats pretty cool! Thanks for doing that. But hey, you gotta update it now with the driftalliance logo! haha

www.chrisforsberg.com
    www.driftalliance.com
    www.nosdrift.com
    www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

• Hey Chris, I am from PA like you and was wondering if you know of any drift clubs or events in PA. There is no drifting at all in my town and the only events of I know in PA are the occasional DG trials. If you know someone or something let me know, thanks.

Comment

• there is a new event/club starting on the east coast, the first event will be on feb 26th in new jersey...i will let u know where when its finalized

Comment

• congrats you made cover...

Comment

• 1. i don't know if this has been asked already, but being a former signal driver and having driven with Fumiaki Komatsu, do you know why he left Signal? i've been wondering for the longest time because you, Komatsu and bai were one of my favorite teams. i've speculated that signal let him go because he'd wrecked so many cars and was becoming expensive and somewhat of a liability. i hear he left right after wrecking the old blue drifter x, IIRC when he left signal he was on his 11th or 12th car and signal had built the last 4 or 5.

2. what do you feel is the optimal amount of power for an average drift car? ~400 rwhp?
            Last edited by kaneda; 02-14-2005, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Hi Mr.Kaneda, I just wanna ask something, I hope you'll answer this... Based from your experience, what kind of drift is the HARDEST to do? Please answer my simple question... =)

Comment

• Originally posted by TopicsSenior
                there is a new event/club starting on the east coast, the first event will be on feb 26th in new jersey...i will let u know where when its finalized
                Sweet, thanks. Let me know any details as they come up.

Comment

• Originally posted by eighteen_05
                  Hi Mr.Kaneda, I just wanna ask something, I hope you'll answer this... Based from your experience, what kind of drift is the HARDEST to do? Please answer my simple question... =)
                  i'd have to say a high speed race drift, aka "lift-off".

why do you ask?

Comment

• Originally posted by kaneda
                    i'd have to say a high speed race drift, aka "lift-off".

why do you ask?
                    Im just curious...hehe isnt lift-off easy? It's dangerous alright but you'll just lift your foot on that right? But it sure is the hardest to maintain...Anyway,what I meant was,what kind of drift is the hardest to EXECUTE? the most COMPLEX way of drifting... I hope you'll still answer my question sir...=) THANKS VERY MUCH

Comment

Im just curious...hehe isnt lift-off easy? It's dangerous alright but you'll just lift your foot on that right? But it sure is the hardest to maintain...
                      it's not that simple. when you use lift-off, you need to have placed your car in the right spots because after you come off of the throttle, you're controlling the car with nothing but steering input and letting momentum carry you through. no ebrake, no clutch, no brakes. if you don't get it right you'll find out just how hard that curb or that barrier really is.

Anyway,what I meant was,what kind of drift is the hardest to EXECUTE? the most COMPLEX way of drifting... I hope you'll still answer my question sir...=) THANKS VERY MUCH
                      i'm not sure i understand your question. there aren't any set in stone ways to drift, it all depends on the course, your skill, your style and what you decide is the best way to get through a corner. some techniques are more complex than others but a good driver is going to be using all of them; so as far as complexity of technique goes i'd have to stick with lift off. it gets more and more dangerous the more speed you carry and these days, speed is what judges want to see.

i think forsberg or pfeiffer could go more into depth on the subject, he's got years of experience over myself.

Comment

1. i don't know if this has been asked already, but being a former signal driver and having driven with Fumiaki Komatsu, do you know why he left Signal? i've been wondering for the longest time because you, Komatsu and bai were one of my favorite teams. i've speculated that signal let him go because he'd wrecked so many cars and was becoming expensive and somewhat of a liability. i hear he left right after wrecking the old blue drifter x, IIRC when he left signal he was on his 11th or 12th car and signal had built the last 4 or 5.

2. what do you feel is the optimal amount of power for an average drift car? ~400 rwhp?
                        Komatsu left Signal for his own reasons. The 180sx i used to drive for signal was actually the old blue drifter x car in your avatar. It was repainted and outfitted with a vmount setup.

by average drift car, do you mean street car? or average competition car? and also, what type of vehicle, because weight is the biggest concern.
                        www.chrisforsberg.com
                        www.driftalliance.com
                        www.nosdrift.com
                        www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

it's not that simple. when you use lift-off, you need to have placed your car in the right spots because after you come off of the throttle, you're controlling the car with nothing but steering input and letting momentum carry you through. no ebrake, no clutch, no brakes. if you don't get it right you'll find out just how hard that curb or that barrier really is.

i'm not sure i understand your question. there aren't any set in stone ways to drift, it all depends on the course, your skill, your style and what you decide is the best way to get through a corner. some techniques are more complex than others but a good driver is going to be using all of them; so as far as complexity of technique goes i'd have to stick with lift off. it gets more and more dangerous the more speed you carry and these days, speed is what judges want to see.

i think forsberg or pfeiffer could go more into depth on the subject, he's got years of experience over myself.

Whoah! Thanks man... your the best!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topics II
                            by average drift car, do you mean street car? or average competition car? and also, what type of vehicle, because weight is the biggest concern.
                            competition car, something relatively light like a 240SX, an rx-7, GT-S skyline, etc.

Comment

Whoah! Thanks man... your the best!
                              glad to help.

Comment

competition car, something relatively light like a 240SX, an rx-7, GT-S skyline, etc.
                                A competition car such as a 240 or rx7 should be anywhere from 2300 to 2500lbs. And with that kind of weight range, you should be making at least 350whp, and up to 500whp on some cars. My z was around 2650-2700lbs. And only made 402whp at its best. Almost all of last year it was around 370whp. Which is not much for that kind of weight. But it worked out pretty well. The s15 however. Will have more hp and less weight than the z.
                                www.chrisforsberg.com
                                www.driftalliance.com
                                www.nosdrift.com
                                www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

Working...
                                X