DRIFT Showoff (FEEDBACK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRIFT Showoff (FEEDBACK)

Please post your feedback on this thread.

COLD..........but an otherwise class A event hosted by Falken Tire, Mainstream Productions, Club4ag and others. Great Job! Thanks....I had a blast.

Comment

It was fun since I drove and I knew almost everyone that competed but...

Who did the marketing? It was dead like a mofo.

The crash between Brendan and Hubert really sucks. I won't say who's fault it was but the guy that made Brendan crash could of have been a little humble instead of being a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Best of luck to Brendan and Hubert, I know Hubert was a little shaky.

-Al

Comment

actully i saw a vid taken from the pit /grid area and chris and brandon had a good 7 foot gap between them i duno brandon got scared and braked instead of initiating and james bondurant had no where else to go ..so its wrong to blame people.. and if milano wanted to pass he shoulda just slowed down and let him thats my viw and up there are the facts so ppl should just suck it up and stop blaming others for mistakes it happens... RELAX

Comment

Who's James?

It was Hubert that drove the white S13.

Comment

Wow 7ft. is not a whole lot of space for someone to drift pass, actually cutting off the other driver starting their drift. Also it was first lap of a demo run. Just imagine changing lanes on the freeway as another driver comes from behind and cuts you of to the lane. How would you react?

Comment

Best of luck to Brendan and Hubert, I know Hubert was a little shaky.
              I was not shaken up at all physically... well, actually, my neck is still a little stiff and my knees hurt. Mentally, it was just another crash... :P At that point I had two options: (A) Hit Branden with my passenger side rear quarter by keeping the drift or (B) hit the brakes and hope the car would slow down enough to tap him with my front. I tried (A) by pulling the crap out of my ebrake to hopefully put the car into a spin but the car did not slow down at all and continued to slide into Branden... then I jumped to option (B) by hitting the foot brakes and I locked up, pointing the front end of the car into Branden and the wall... ugly. Should have kept with option (A) even though I would still hit Branden with my passenger side rear quarter. The damage would have been a little less to my car.

The incident could have been avoided if there was a little planning in advance and also if the drivers know each other better. It was nobody's fault but as Al said, the situation could have been handled a little differently so there is no hostility or arrogance. Some mishaps is bound to happen in drifting and it's all about the attitude of how the incident is handled afterwards.

The car was not bad. Just need a little bit of repair. Thanks Henry from Motorsport Dynamics! This stich welding did its job to protect the chassis. Just need another fender, cross member, control arm, tie rod, tension rod and it's ready to go again.
              Last edited by Hubert Young; 11-23-2004, 01:17 PM.
              Hubert Young
              KORE 8 Films

Comment

It's great to hear your o.k. Hubert. Seems like the car is not to bad off either. Just Brush That Dirt OFF Your Shoulder...!!!

Comment

where do you get pcitures of this drift showoff event?

Comment

Does any body know what the final standings for amateur competion were. Since we did not get to finish.

Comment

Zach,
                      front of drifting.com had them..

Comment

hubert, i'm glad youre doing okay!

i saw the crash from the stands, and it was just a bad situation all together.

i knew that brendan would be devastated because of how much he loves his car... i hope he is doing as well as you.

see you at the next event!

Comment

I have yet to compete, but seeing comments from the guys that do , and did. I must say, it is great to see every here being good people about tough situations in the competitions. Keep it up..
                          It makes it much more desirable to keep supporting the sport..

Comment

does this only have to be about the show off in cali?
                            if not i whent to the d.c. one up at fedex feild,i thought it was preety cool, but there could have been more people, cars, and stuff in general

Comment

I was way disapointed as a Driver. I mean it was a fun course and I had fun. All 7 runs of it, for 150$. I went into the event under the understanding that it was a clinic and competion, and then they changed it to just competion. Not a good event in my opinion. Last year was way better

Comment

Working...
                              X