No announcement yet.

DRIFT Showoff (FEEDBACK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was a driver not a spectator. so this is coming from someone who drove in the event.

i drove 8hrs to have fun and was let down....greatly let down. i have attended club4ag run events and was pleased. but this one just about took the cake as the worst event so far. a few things the organizers might want to consider before the next one:

150 is damn expensive. why does it have to be 150? you guys can rent out irwindale when you do the regular drift days and charge the drivers 100. so why does it go up when its a comp?

you also have the spectators to offset the costs as well. plus the car show guys. speaking of which. some of my friends paid 27 dollars to watch. give me a break. that is just outright too much. i can understand 10 maybe 15 dollar but 27 is not cheap.

run the event better. there were times that there wasnt a single car on the track. like 30+ min of not a single car drifting. what is that? the event should be catered towards the drivers the most. they understood they werent getting a lot of track time but that does not mean you guys have to screw us anyway. we could have easily ran twice as many times if the logistics were good and you guys could have even ran two cars at once easily! it should not take 2hrs to finish registration and tech. nor should it take 1hr between drivers meeting and first car out on the track. that is just a waste of time for both drivers and spectators.

also i think the whole "you get 4 laps and youre done with practice" is about the gayest thing ever. what if someone's tire pressure isnt working out? what if someone doesnt like the current tire setup? what if someone wants to change the susp settings? this cannot be done while practicing. why not? we need to dial in our settings at every event. most guys run multiple different tires and pressures but they wont know how it works until the event is ran. this is where they change them accordingly. we arent pros. most of us dont know what works and what doesnt yet. thats what these days are for. they are for the drivers to get better and to see how they stack up against other drivers. how can a driver do that if his car is setup wrong?

another thing. i think you guys gave everyone the wrong story when you were telling us how to drive the track. what you said was total crap. grip the first turn and haul *Censored**Censored**Censored* at the 2nd bank? wtf is that? you want us to crash? oh thats right the crowd loves crashing. guess what? drivers dont! we are poor as it is. telling us to speed unsafely at a corner is not good advice coming from the same guys that say we are out there to have "fun". i hope you realize 9 cars got f-ed up at that event. 9 cars!!! unbelievable. thats 9 people who now have to find a new car or fix substantial repairs. utter bullsh*t. this should not be happening at a amateur event. i can see one, maybe two cars get screwed. but 9!!! im still in shock. one of my friend was one of those and he had to drive his busted up car 6hrs to get home. he was lucky! he got to drive it home. i cant imagine if he would have had to tow it.....

the biggest thing that everyone complained about what the competition. you know when we go from 50 drivers to 25 to 10 to.....top 3? how can you pick 3 best from 16. what if someone had a run that was good enough to advance but not their best run? that crap run is what gets judged and not what their best run could have been. we are there to show our best skills against other drivers. so why not let us have the chance to?

at least the announcer was cool. i thought he did a good job. keep him around.

that is all for now. my keyboard is wore out. if you want to talk to me more about it send me a email at sil8ty@cableone.net

-george

Comment

yeah, i'm glad both hubert and brendan is ok!
      you can fix your cars, but it's hard to fix yourself.
      irwindale is known for dangerous walls. . . . .
      i bent a new ssr rim, broke the inner tie-rod...
      i better fix it quick for the d1 search!

good luck to hubert (henry?) and brendan! and all other
      guys who crashed

hiro

Comment

it was very cold. i took video of the crash and will have it online tomorrow at driftunit.com / as far as the event, the stands at irwindale should be packed. no if ands or buts. i think there were apprx. 100 people up there. if this event was anywhere outside of socal, it'd do much better. socal is spoiled from all these drift events that people are now picky at what they want to watch.. imagine next year with all these so called "drifting leagues" they're going to be here one year, gone the next..

the event was pretty unorganized. drivers meeting supposedly at 830. it was at 930, 1st practice at 1030, it really started at around 11. they broke the amateurs down to 25 and stopped them from finishing off the competition which really is my only complaint. they could totally have let them finish the competition but they decided to finish off the tandem and let team falken go out for the next 3 hours. man, sucks for the guys that paid 150 bucks for 7 runs. at least finish off the competition they actually paid for.

$150 x 60 drivers = 9000
        1st place = 10ft trophy + 400 bucks

My suggestion. MOVE THE EVENT OUT OF SOCAL + don't rape the people drifting, promote the event better and everyone will be happier.
        Last edited by SpoonFork; 11-24-2004, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Whine whine complain complain.

I paid $300 for two days of driving.

I got a total of 11 laps out of the two days.

And I crashed my car big time on Friday.

So... please stop whining. And the reason why it is so expensive is because of Irwindale, not because of Mainstream or DA.

If anything, blame Irwindale's new management.

-alex

Comment

Originally posted by SpoonFork
            it was very cold. i took video of the crash and will have it online tomorrow at driftunit.com / as far as the event, the stands at irwindale should be packed. no if ands or buts. i think there were apprx. 100 people up there. if this event was anywhere outside of socal, it'd do much better. socal is spoiled from all these drift events that people are now picky at what they want to watch.. imagine next year with all these so called "drifting leagues" they're going to be here one year, gone the next..

the event was so unorganized. drivers meeting supposedly at 830. it was at 930, 1st practice at 1030, it really started at around 11. they broke the amateurs down to 25 and stopped them from finishing off the competition. they could totally have let them finish the competition but they decided to finish off the tandem and let team falken go out for the next 3 hours. man, sucks for the guys that paid 150 bucks for 7 runs. do they really think people are going to pay to goto this next year?

$150 x 60 drivers = 9000
            1st place = 10ft trophy + 400 bucks

My suggestion. MOVE THE EVENT OUT OF SOCAL + don't rape the people drifting, promote the event better and everyone will be happier.
            welcome to the american drift scene. The little guys will always get pushed around unless your backed and have a huge corp to swing some power and money in your favor other than that go there to get noticed don't take it as fun take it seriously. If you don't want to get noticed don't go and stick to DD's

Comment

yeah it was too bad that it turned into just a comp. My friend who was there running wanted to learn how to drift it was his first time doing it. He wanted to do the clinic so he could learn. He got his start in road racing. (if some of you guys were watching) He definetly drove like a grip racer lol. It's too bad I hope it doesn't deter him from drifting too much

Comment

I think we should all send a complaint letter to mainstream productions. It seems to me they purpsly overbooked the event to get more $. I don't mind having just a competion but 4 conceutive laps for practice. Thats a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing joke. I'm pissed

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH
                  where do you get pcitures of this drift showoff event?
                  You can find pics at-

www.OnlineShowoff.com directly here- http://www.onlineshowoff.com/content...0XQM912_1.html

www.AutoImportCraze.com directly here -
                  http://www.autoimportcraze.com/cover...owID=147&car=1
                  Last edited by CourtneyDayFan; 11-24-2004, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmdrewS14
                    I think we should all send a complaint letter to mainstream productions. It seems to me they purpsly overbooked the event to get more $. I don't mind having just a competion but 4 conceutive laps for practice. Thats a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing joke. I'm pissed

In the drivers meeting in the morning Motto told everybody that "Yes this event is expensive but This is a competition, not a Drift Day. And you WILL NOT get a lot of run time. So everybody knew and nobody said anything. So its not right to start bashing people once you are all in your safe house typing away on your computer. Should of said something earlier.

Comment

For those of you that think it was a dumb idea to skip the back part, it just shows your incompetance. 95% of you guys that did that back part had a slow entry speed in the main corner. Entry speed is a BIG part of judging. Another thing about drifting it is a whole hell of a lot easier to plant the gas on the floor and drift the whole thing at a (key part here) lower speed than it is to get on it and go faster and actually initiate a drift with something other than power. That, and the fact that he has a lot of skill, is the reason why Wes schooled everyone the first round... which I guess you could have called the semi-finals. That was the only part I didn't like, the 50 something to 16 to winners circle... time is a %$&#!
                      Last edited by LOVMUFN; 11-24-2004, 09:18 AM.

Comment

yeah it was a great itdea going extremely fast into that bank. as showed by the 9 cars that crashed.

we all knew we werent going to get many runs but i still think that shouldnt give club4ag, showoffcafe or whoever the right to screw us anyway. i think everyone can agree that the track had times when there were no cars on it at all. this could have been time used to get more practice. but no. it was timed used to do what exactly?

Comment

I am kinda glad that my car broke on the way there. $150 for a few runs is pretty steep. I think alot of us regulars understand that it does cost more to run in the comps then a regular practice day like dday or just drift. But its an opertunity to showcase your skills infront of a crowd. I have been pretty pissed in the past about the run time we get compaired to the money but i also learned that it really sucks to be standing on the side watching while your friends are out there. Weather you do good or bad, its still a learning experience. I personally like it to have only a couple practice runs. It separetes the boys from the men.

Since my car was broken, they threw me in the judge stand. I like playing around a messing with the fans. But it really sucks not to drive. Anyway, about the judging. We where looking for a high speed entry and use all the track while being on line. So for those that did come off the first corner just laying on the gas sideways, all it did was slow you down and get you off line for the main judging area. Id say 75% of judging comes from that first impact you make. The line, speed, and angle you hit when you initiate the drift. This is why wes got the most points all night.

About the crashing, The track was pretty messed up. It kept changing durring the day and into the night. So it was pretty difficult to stay on top of that. If there is a wall, someone will hit it, thats just something that happens. People will push themselves and their cars to the limit. I also feel that a few of the crashes could have been avoided though.
                          BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Yes, organization at these events suck, and alot of times the track is empty. That happens every time. The track gets mad at stuff and we have to wait for them to give the ok to run. People are not ready, or take their time to line up. Mis comunication with the organizers and the promoters. The corner workers have to be inplace, the emt's and the safety crew in position. They all need a break too you know.
                            BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

yeah it was a great itdea going extremely fast into that bank. as showed by the 9 cars that crashed.
                              Entry speed is one of the important criteria in judging... so there is nothing wrong with the advice to grip the first bank and go in fast for the 2nd bank.

I totally understand the frustration of the participants though. But you got to understand, track time is always a preimium. We are all on the same boat. If you want more track time, choose your event accordingly. Competition with spectators always give you only limited track time due to organization of judging and safety and all that. Even for D1, we get only 4-5 runs of practice and that's it. You go straight into competition. I like what Alex said, limited practice time separetes the boys from the men. Very true.
                              Hubert Young
                              KORE 8 Films

Comment

Alex, i think it was pretty stupid of you throwing your sweater out there.. hehe.. jk. I know you wanted to show off your nippy nips.

Anyways, I posted up the video of the crash between Milano, Hubert and Brendan if anyone wants to see it.. there's a poll as well.

Click here for the Video

Comment

Working...
                                X