X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Helmet do you use when Drifting

Originally posted by E86
    Hey Boys and Gals,
    We have just received new Automotive Racing Helmets from HJC. Snell 2000 rating. Full Face helmet $250.00 w/ helmet bag. If you are interested, please call us. Thanks.
    So what is that M or SA rating?

Comment

What helmet do you use when dridting?

M Rating is for Motorcycle helmets, the SA or Snell Rating is for what the automotive racing uses to test their helmets.

Comment

Re: Re: What Helmet do you use when Drifting

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
        So what is that M or SA rating?
        http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...?threadid=9794

read last post.

Comment

Got one given to me, it would of been expensive, its a black "Shoe" type?? I think!?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: What Helmet do you use when Drifting

Originally posted by LOVMUFN
            http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...?threadid=9794

read last post.
            I understand the ratings...

I was asking him if the Snell "M" or "SA" 2000 rating for the helmet selling for $250...because if thats for a SA I say its a hell of a deal.

Comment

Helmet for Drifting?.

The helmets are Snell 2000. These are automotive helmets. The helmets are very nice. Full face, vents, helmet bag, very comfortable. I speak from experience. I tried the helmet out a couple of weeks ago at a track day. We should have pictures on the website shortly. Thanks for the inquiry.

Comment

Re: Helmet for Drifting?.

Originally posted by E86
                The helmets are Snell 2000. These are automotive helmets. The helmets are very nice. Full face, vents, helmet bag, very comfortable. I speak from experience. I tried the helmet out a couple of weeks ago at a track day. We should have pictures on the website shortly. Thanks for the inquiry.
                I don't know if the rating is high enough...its just like its saying its DOT approve, doesn't mean anything. Unless you're gonna light it on fire and crash test it? Then tell the tracks to allow it...

Comment

2000 will pass any inspection until '06. Some clubs still allow 95s

Comment

Helmet for drifting?

Just to let you know Snell is the highest rating for helmets. They are even a higher standard then Motorcycle helmets. This helmet would be extremely safe, but it is only as safe as the driver!

Comment

Re: Helmet for drifting?

Originally posted by E86
                      Just to let you know Snell is the highest rating for helmets. They are even a higher standard then Motorcycle helmets. This helmet would be extremely safe, but it is only as safe as the driver!
                      hmm I'm still confused...

Because I have both an motorcycle helmet and special applications. Both say snell and dot. I think that snell is only a rating company...

How are helmets rated?
                      Bell certifies helmets to both the Snell and SFI standards. In both cases, auto-racing helmets are rated as either M, SA or K. M stands for Motorcycle or motorized vehicles. M rated helmets are used for motorized highway vehicles and for racing that does not require a fire retardant rating. M rated helmets require a larger eyeport for a wider range of vision. SA stands for Special Application. SA rated helmets are used in competitive automobile racing and require a fire retardant rating. SA helmets are also subjected to additional testing including a test that simulates a roll bar impact. K rated helmets are used for Karting applications. They are subjected to the same test standards as SA helmets except the do not require a fire retardant interior. Please consult your sanctioning organization for specific helmet requirements.
                      See http://www.smf.org/testing.html for more details.

So from what I can see its only a company that rates the helmets, snell is not actually a 'rating."

So what is the rating M, SA or K??

Comment

sorry to bring this back from the dead, but if i got a shoei x-eleven helmet, would that be fine? it's a moto helmet, not auto. or would i be better off buying a helmet from arai or simpson?
                        Last edited by MoNkEy_MaGiCx; 08-28-2006, 10:54 PM.

Comment

You are best off buying an Automotive helmet if you are going to br driving cars. We have Snell 2005(this will be good for atleast 5 years) full face HJC AR-10 for $249.99. These are great helmets for a fraction of the cost of most. Call us at RMR if you are interested. 714 847-2158.

Comment

seems to be a good price.
                            but i looked up the HJC AR-10 and websites listed it as SA2000 approved. is the one you sell and updated version?

Comment

Yes, we have the new ones. SN2005. They were just released about a month ago.

Comment

alright, i'll give you guys a call whenever time comes for me needing a helmet.
                                Could i also stop by the shop? im not that far from there.
                                Last edited by MoNkEy_MaGiCx; 08-29-2006, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X