No announcement yet.

JGTC (FEEDBACK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than realizing that everything was rigged, it was my dream weekend. Man, I blew alot of money...

Comment

Originally posted by nasty nate 7
      went on sunday, ah yes, another schooling from the japanese... we came close on a few good runs, but still wasnt enough. id say good job out there to all the drivers. YOU GUYS GET AN A FOR EFFORT. but a good 80 percent of the american drivers spun out man, the japanese must me laughing at us again... team FALKEN was FALKEN horrible. all the new cars werent even ready. wtf is up with that~!?
      I was told that the Japanese cars were running softer tires and that next season, the American cars will be running the same compound tires, so I think that may have contributed to a decent effort by the American racers. The Japanese guys DID kick some major *Censored**Censored**Censored*, however. JR of Team Falken broke 2 camshafts Sunday and he made the final 8, but broke on his last run. Not sure what happened there.

Comment

went on sunday, ah yes, another schooling from the japanese... we came close on a few good runs, but still wasnt enough. id say good job out there to all the drivers. YOU GUYS GET AN A FOR EFFORT. but a good 80 percent of the american drivers spun out man, the japanese must me laughing at us again... team FALKEN was FALKEN horrible. all the new cars werent even ready. wtf is up with that~!?
        Wow, support you guys man.
        Falken's new cars weren't going to be edbuted until next year, make it more dramatic and awesome in April Formula Drift!

But yeah the American guys can get it on next year!
        Regardless the D1 judges wouldn't let an AMERICAN win even if teh car did a kickflip!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr SEntra
          I was told that the Japanese cars were running softer tires and that next season, the American cars will be running the same compound tires, so I think that may have contributed to a decent effort by the American racers. The Japanese guys DID kick some major *Censored**Censored**Censored*, however. JR of Team Falken broke 2 camshafts Sunday and he made the final 8, but broke on his last run. Not sure what happened there.
          They can run whatever tires they want to... That wasn't the problem from what I understood. The problem that they came across was the fact that the sponsers who gave them the tires wanted USDM tires being used. Why? I have no clue. The Japanese drivers were using JDM tires so I figure it'd only be fair for the sponsers to allow whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
            They can run whatever tires they want to... That wasn't the problem from what I understood. The problem that they came across was the fact that the sponsers who gave them the tires wanted USDM tires being used. Why? I have no clue. The Japanese drivers were using JDM tires so I figure it'd only be fair for the sponsers to allow whatever.
            Ahhh, thanks for the clarification. I guess that kinda makes sense, but the softer compounds would have been a whole hell of a lot nicer.

Comment

Wow, support you guys man.
              Yea man cut em some slack. They are taking new cars that for the most part, aren't even finished and going out there to run. So ease off.

Regardless the D1 judges wouldn't let an AMERICAN win even if teh car did a kickflip!
              Nothing could be closer to the truth. You guys have to understand that they will NOT let an American take home the prize. And why should they? The Japanese are coming across the water to run at an event and there is no way they will let one of us take one of their events. Sure it sucks but you know what, we woul do the same thing to them if tables were turned. So tough.

team FALKEN was FALKEN horrible. all the new cars werent even ready. wtf is up with that~!?
              Did you run? Did you make it to any of the standings? Then "eyes forward, mouth shut" If you were warming the bench, dont *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about the guys in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth

Did you run? Did you make it to any of the standings? Then "eyes forward, mouth shut" If you were warming the bench, dont *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about the guys in the game. [/B]
                Yes, perfecly stated!
                Thanks Ghost!

Comment

Well I had fun yesterday we had a blast we were clowing around with the judges we even made Tsuchiya say something in SPANISH! man was that funny!! but the juding was bad especially with Rhys Millen. I was rooting for the GTO but o well thats life!

Comment

heh...i'll state my opinion...what comes to mind first is that, these guys sure get a lot of hype and exposure like some drift bad@sses and gods and they been drifting for more than a couple of years (two years proffesionally maybe, but alot longer including timebefore competitions) . I SAW these same guys simply getting owned...It seems like the majority of those people that say d1 is rigged, dont understand the sport. The judges give a harder time to the japanese driver also, how did you think tanaka and suenaga lost?, they both pulled good runs and all, but it just wasnt enough....they saw that the american drivers gave it a lot more out there. Thinking the japanese are completely biased isn't necessary....and Ghost, let me say this. I dont see ANY japanese driver getting that much exposure in japan, if so, they are definately backing up the bullsht with their driving. I'm not a professional drifter, im not sponsored, I have a full time career, don't give me the not placing any standings bullsht, im not some punk a$$ kid, im just stating my opinion. You put on an exhibitional sport, you can't not expect to encounter critcism. Like take this for example: I'm a chef...If i don't do well in my line of work, im fckn fired. But if these guys were dropped from their sponsorships for being mediocre drivers, there wouldn't be enough talent in america to fulfill a new group of drivers. This is the problem with this sport here, these companies want to capatalize on Drifting and this hyper growth, instead of letting the sport mature properly. I mean its pathetic to have a Japan vs US D1. The skill basis for both entries are extremely opposite, America is far to low on the drift spectrum compared to Japan. You see companies sponsoring the few that excell here at drift competitions and then want to compete with japan? They have teenage girls in japan that can drift better then our American Born tops. Don't get me wrong, there are good US drivers, but you guys should step back and let this place grow before you start throwing these Big international @ss kickings. I dont care about claiming loyalty to the american drivers, im just stating my OPINION straight up, im not one of those kids who idolize drifters, telling everyone how cool they are, how they are the best and realize they got a beating from drivers from somewhere else thinking the judges were biased and Shet. i aint nobodys fan out there. Before you guys proceed about, "Don't you want to watch drifting? or these guys are making drifting possible to see for you or help the sport grow" or whatever else you have to say. Of course i enjoy drifting, I love to watch, I love to drift. Im specifically talking about the growth of Drifting in this nation though, and how there are better methods present to develop this country as a contender vs japan.

Comment

heh...i'll state my opinion...what comes to mind first is that, these guys sure get a lot of hype and exposure like some drift bad@sses and gods and they been drifting for more than a couple of years (two years proffesionally maybe, but alot longer including timebefore competitions) . I SAW these same guys simply getting owned...It seems like the majority of those people that say d1 is rigged, dont understand the sport. The judges give a harder time to the japanese driver also, how did you think tanaka and suenaga lost?, they both pulled good runs and all, but it just wasnt enough....they saw that the american drivers gave it a lot more out there. Thinking the japanese are completely biased isn't necessary....and Ghost, let me say this. I dont see ANY japanese driver getting that much exposure in japan, if so, they are definately backing up the bullsht with their driving. I'm not a professional drifter, im not sponsored, I have a full time career, don't give me the not placing any standings bullsht, im not some punk a$$ kid, im just stating my opinion. You put on an exhibitional sport, you can't not expect to encounter critcism. Like take this for example: I'm a chef...If i don't do well in my line of work, im fckn fired. But if these guys were dropped from their sponsorships for being mediocre drivers, there wouldn't be enough talent in america to fulfill a new group of drivers. This is the problem with this sport here, these companies want to capatalize on Drifting and this hyper growth, instead of letting the sport mature properly. I mean its pathetic to have a Japan vs US D1. The skill basis for both entries are extremely opposite, America is far to low on the drift spectrum compared to Japan. You see companies sponsoring the few that excell here at drift competitions and then want to compete with japan? They have teenage girls in japan that can drift better then our American Born tops. Don't get me wrong, there are good US drivers, but you guys should step back and let this place grow before you start throwing these Big international @ss kickings. I dont care about claiming loyalty to the american drivers, im just stating my OPINION straight up, im not one of those kids who idolize drifters, telling everyone how cool they are, how they are the best and realize they got a beating from drivers from somewhere else thinking the judges were biased and Shet. i aint nobodys fan out there. Before you guys proceed about, "Don't you want to watch drifting? or these guys are making drifting possible to see for you or help the sport grow" or whatever else you have to say. Of course i enjoy drifting, I love to watch, I love to drift. Im specifically talking about the growth of Drifting in this nation though, and how there are better methods present to develop this country as a contender vs japan.
                      I would like to see D1GP america vs australia

Comment

that would be more of a fair match

Comment

So should a Paduan Learner quit because he can't beat his Jedi Master with the light saber? No! The only way for American drivers to compete at a high level is to go against the best, their mentors. Each time American drifters compete against their Japanese counterparts, the former learn new techniques and become motivated to be as good if not better than the Japanese drivers. I have had conversations with a lot of our top local drifters and I can see in their eyes the passion for the sport and their drive to excel. I would not be surprised to see our local drifters like Chris Forsberg, Sam Hubinette, Rhys Millen, Ken Gushi, Calvin Wan, JR Gittin, Alex Pfiffer, and others to cross the Pacific and compete full-time in Japan within 2 years. 2 years ago would you have thought that Chris Forsberg of Team Falken could beat the likes of Tanaka and go head-to-head with Taniguchi? No. American drifters are catching up with the Japanese. Yes, the Japanese are better right now but it will only be a matter of time that Americans will be at par with them.
                          Last edited by romanwarrior; 12-21-2004, 01:20 PM.

Comment

All that I can say is Yokohama/Advan Neova tires make a difference.

Congrats to Alex, Chris, Rhys, Ken and Ernie for making top 16.

Special thanks to the crew at RMR for loaning me tools so I fix Ernie's alignment after Chunky Bai hit us so we can advance to run tandem with Rhys

The level of the US drivers is pretty much there, they just need better cars, tires, and different tracks to practice on.

-Franco
                            Team Rotora

Comment

I flew in all the way from the flat, cold Canadian prairies to watch GTLive and I loved every minute of it, it exceeded all my expectations. A big thumbs up to the organisers who pulled this off, I'm sure they were too busy to catch any of the events--I know I missed a lot of events, I'll definetly check it out if there's a repeat

Comment

Oh, did anyone here get in on the "car club" deal? Did anyone else feel that it wasn't as organized as everyone had hoped it was supposed to be? How about those "tents" they gave us to use?

Comment

Working...
                                X