D1GP Rigged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian
    looked like Bai broke a tie rod. how would he go on?
    yeah, either way he was done. he didnt have it as bad as us; and we FIXED our prob and d1 wouldnt let us run!! I was pretty upset to say the least.

Comment

awww that sucks why wouldn't they let you guys run btw WHEN DID U START WORKING FOR TOP SECRET??!?

Comment

...as of about a little over a week ago. I honestly have no idea why we couldnt run; miki blew the rear diff and it was replaced VERY quickly but they still turned the car down to grid.

Comment

Well, he did drive the Amemiya FD last year or the year prior...I can't recall which. So I can see where his misinformation came from.

Originally posted by mav1178
          Get your facts straight. He is one of the drivers for the Weds Sport Celica.

-alex

Comment

Mechanic: The D1 is not a SIDE SHOW you dolt. With the acception of the GT Live event the D1 Grand Prix is the main title event. Sounds like someone failed at one of the drivers searches and didn't think he should have because he thought he did well and now is like Robin Williams' character in Death to Smoochy.

Coiloverkid: When did he blow the diff? I know that if you miss lining up for the next round not just the time when you are supposed to run you are assed out. Reason being the event needs to be able to get done. It isn't about fair and it is not like you can just take like an extra long pit stop and take a time loss like you can in other racing.
            Last edited by LOVMUFN; 12-22-2004, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Orginally posted by FourDoorSkyline

You need to get your head outta your arse, man. The Japanese smoke the pants off the U.S. when it comes down to drifting.
              Okya, I'm done. I wasn't just talking about drifting.

Originally posted by ShAkE DoWn
              Call me crazy...But you what we should do? We should build a track in SoCal with numerous and hardest turns and hairpins imaginable
              No, we ALREADY HAVE a track in Socal. Yes, you are crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by LOVMUFN
                Mechanic: The D1 is not a SIDE SHOW you dolt. With the acception of the GT Live event the D1 Grand Prix is the main title event. Sounds like someone failed at one of the drivers searches and didn't think he should have because he thought he did well and now is like Robin Williams' character in Death to Smoochy.
                D1 "IS" a glorified sideshow. Doesn't mean I don't like it.

...and if you're suggesting I'm sour because of "driver's search", you're the furthest from it. I wasn' there, I didn't even know when it was.

My opinion comes from what I saw. There are numerous people who would agree with me on the subject.

That's why Formula D has such good attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by LOVMUFN

Coiloverkid: When did he blow the diff? I know that if you miss lining up for the next round not just the time when you are supposed to run you are assed out. Reason being the event needs to be able to get done. It isn't about fair and it is not like you can just take like an extra long pit stop and take a time loss like you can in other racing.
                  ..On the second qualifying run, He came in pretty fast and once he made the transition and hit the bump; he clutchkicked and the diff just basically imploded inside the casing. I know that you only have a very limited amt of time before you're SOL but we MET that time; and the car could've gone.

Either way, it's ok; the event was quite informal and it didnt count for points anyway

Comment

Miki's car did loose his differential... This is true. I get this random phone call during the middle of the event saying... Miki blew his differential. I was like HUH?

Comment

NEVER did I say that american drivers suck. NOT ONCE.

I am pointing out from what I have seen. Like I stated its my opinion. IF you guys are going to flame me and have smart comments about my opinion thats fine , but lets at least be mature about it. I am sorry if I dont idolize the american drifters, but I dont. Yes they are good drivers, but from videos Ive seen of live events they tend to just use power. My post was added due to the begining post talking about how D1 is rigged, I am saying its not , because of : see my original post. Once again this is my opinion , and I have never said that ther Americans suck. If some of you cant handle negativity I am sorry. My post wasnt an attack on any driver or anything, I am just stating what I have seen from the various drift events thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by Coiloverkid
                        ...as of about a little over a week ago. I honestly have no idea why we couldnt run; miki blew the rear diff and it was replaced VERY quickly but they still turned the car down to grid.
                        John it's because of time constraints.

For us at Rotora after qualiying our dump pipe broke off, and the throttle cable came undone so I hade 10 mins to adjust the wastegate to compensate and fix the throttle cable.

After the run with Signal's Chunky Bai, he broke a tie rod, so did Ernie on the rear driver side and not to mention the axle was blown wide open. We had 10 minutes to get the car up , put in a new tie rod and wrap up the axle, pull the fender out, Alex came down to set the alignment(eyeball) and get new tires on. We did all of this track side, and made it in time to run with Rhys.

If you can fix it at the track it's all good, if you go back to the pit, it's over.

-Franco
                        Team Rotora
                        Last edited by jdmimpreza; 12-22-2004, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drifterlunchb0x
                          AMERICAN DRIFTING = POWER NO TECHNIQUE

JAPANESE DRIFTING = TECHNIQUE AND POWER!!

in my opinion from all the videos ive seen and from what Ive read about and from what Ive heard from ppl either attending schools or having seen american cars live, american drivers tend to just go with brute strength and hp ( good old fashion american thinking cant go around it ill go through it ) where as alot of the japanese drivers use more of the car than the hp. Even up here ppl that want to learn how to drift just want to throw RB motors in thier cars and just go off high hp to get the car sideways, none want to learn any techniques none want to try and learn anything. I have a 240, I drifted all the time with a KA for about 2 years, all gaskets where blown leaked oil like nothign else and corrollas pulled on me!!! I learned in that car fine,i upgraded the motor to a CA, no not an sr20 , I am not ready for that kinda hp yet. I am not going to list suspension but its built LOL I want to learn more techniques and learn more in the way of finesse and skill to get the car sideways and hold it. ONCE again this is just my opinion. Should get some of the hong kong drifters over here...hehe fools are crazy! yes i said hong kong.Aight well sorry for the rambling kids!!!
                          Thanks for the props. I was born and raised in Hong Kong!!!! However, I have yet to see anyone from Hong Kong drifting decent. There are couple drifters in Hong Kong who always appear on magazines and stuff but I have not seen them doing anything besides a second gear parking lot drifts. Btw, Martin Harjani with the white Corolla competing in Formula D is also a Hong Kong native.

I really don't know what you talking about American drifting = power with no technique. There is no way we would have made it to D1 if we do not have any techniques. Please open your eyes and check us out before making such a statement. Yes, if you are talking about the novice drifters, they tend to use power to drift, which also frustrates us when we try to teach them. As the pioneers of drifting here in the US, we have always stressed that beginners should learn how to drift in a low power car.

And I really want to invite the drifters from Hong Kong you mentioned who are good to compete here. We do need more representation from Hong Kong on the drift scene!
                          Hubert Young
                          KORE 8 Films

Comment

I really don't know what you talking about American drifting = power with no technique. There is no way we would have made it to D1 if we do not have any techniques. Please open your eyes and check us out before making such a statement. Yes, if you are talking about the novice drifters, they tend to use power to drift, which also frustrates us when we try to teach them. As the pioneers of drifting here in the US, we have always stressed that beginners should learn how to drift in a low power car.
                            HAHA I gotta bust out my 150RWHP vid of Irwindale.

-alex

Comment

Originally posted by mav1178
                              HAHA I gotta bust out my 150RWHP vid of Irwindale.

-alex
                              It's now a 150hp truck!!!! :P
                              Hubert Young
                              KORE 8 Films

Comment

I think the only people who should be complaining (if they decide to complain at all) are the drivers and their teams. To the rest of us, its just entertainment, so you should take it for what its worth. Sounds like a great show. Wish I coulda been there ...

Comment

Working...
                                X